the Rift

[PRIVATE] Ow doesn't begin to cover it

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
I hold you in like a deep breath

Torleik listened quietly as Ophelia finally began to lay out the answers he wanted so badly to understand. But as he somewhat expected...the answers were painful. She was afraid that she would always be alone, that no one would love her and that she didn't deserve it. The injured woman next to him spun a tale of a life lived without affection, being kidnapped as a child and abandoned by her father. A rage ignited within him when she told him that Mauja and Deimos tried to kill her when she was but a child and a new, impenetrable calignosity consumed him from within.

That Deimos had attempted this wasn't surprising, but he hated the bastard even more for it. But Phi still wanted Mauja to love her after he tried to kill her? She still tried to make loving him work?

This he could not stay silent about. "He tried to murder you - how could you want to feel anything for that sick fuck?" he demanded. "How could you want to him to feel anything for you?"

How could you be that sad? Think that little of yourself that you would willingly accept the false affection of a killer? The thoughts swirled around his confused mind as she told him he cared too much for her, that she was Forsaken for a reason. Resolve struck like lightning and Torleik looked her square in the face. "Perhaps I am equally as foolish and desperate as you," he began, "but you cannot tell me how or how much I should care for you." Gently, he pressed his nose to a soft ear, holding his muzzle there. "For whatever choices you have made in want of love, in want of feeling as though someone might find you good enough..." he sighed, deciding to let go of whatever anger, incredulity, disappointment and jealousy he might be feeling. "None of that matters now. That is the past, and it cannot be undone. You can choose to believe or not believe my promise to never abandon you, but that doesn't make it any less true."

The Bloodskald took a breath and gently nuzzled her ear again, murmuring into it once more. "I am real," he rumbled. "I will care for you as much as I want to, and you cannot tell me otherwise. I am a patient man, and you are not forsaken to me. You are not desperate, pathetic, foolish, weak, or stupid," the man said firmly. "Every child wants to feel loved by their parents. Every person wants to feel as though they are wanted by another, worthy of another, worthy of their time and attention. Looking back you can call yourself those things because if you made those decisions now, with what you know now, you would be all of what you described. But then? In the moment? Lost, lonely, empty as I'm sure you were? No; you were just trying to fill a void however you could."

I will fill that void for you if you will let me, Ophelia, he sighed in his head.

Softly, he nudged her, indicating he would not be going anywhere, and fell silent. Yes, he was confused; yes, he had been frustrated with her utterly unfathomable choice over Mauja, but...it was inconsequential in comparison to helping this woman heal. He would deal with Mauja on his own time, on his own terms. From her own words, she had been abandoned and left by everyone she'd ever cared about, save for her sister. Torleik had sworn to her he would not be another man like that, and he'd meant it. He might fail her from time to time, be unable to be there for her in every moment of her every ache and pain, but he would always be there for her should she call on him or be it within his power.

Right now, he was most concerned with her injuries. "Please let me get Lena for your injuries..." he hummed earnestly. "It pains me to see you wounded - and I haven't the skill to help you myself."

@[Ophelia]

"talk talk talk"

OOC: Feel free to have Phi purposefully or inadvertently read his mind for that loving little nugget. I don't mind.

Art by: veradaine @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Ow doesn't begin to cover it - by Ophelia - 01-02-2015, 05:34 PM
RE: Ow doesn't begin to cover it - by Torleik - 01-12-2015, 01:12 AM
RE: Ow doesn't begin to cover it - by Ophelia - 01-13-2015, 05:39 PM
RE: Ow doesn't begin to cover it - by Torleik - 02-05-2015, 04:07 PM
RE: Ow doesn't begin to cover it - by Ophelia - 02-18-2015, 03:06 PM
RE: Ow doesn't begin to cover it - by Torleik - 02-19-2015, 08:28 PM