Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken
I'm a princess cut from marble, smoother than a storm
they used to shout my name, now they whisper it

Ophelia watched the fireflies emerge from Ktulu's mane and dance around her face, humming quietly. She thought that they so perfectly matched her sister and her love of the Earth and nature. Instead of detracting from her beauty, they enhanced her organic soul, as if she could express her love in each shining light that flitted around them as she stepped closer. They embraced and she asked about her sister's well being. The answer was 'fine'. Ktulu was rarely ever not fine. Everything about her was strong, confident and powerful - everything Ophelia was not.

Ktulu's harsh words did not require her to look back at her injuries, and she frowned. Ktulu and Mauja already had such tenuous ties, especially since Ktulu had nearly suffocated him to his death... Ophelia let out a heavy sigh, one that barely betrayed the waterfall of emotion beating against her battered, icy heart. "I was on the island in the sky, the one over the Veins," she explained. "An area is in the middle to practice battling, and I was standing, waiting for an opponent.."

She trailed off, frowning. "Mauja showed up. How long has he been gone?" The question was irrelevant, but it filled the space. "I... ah... I attacked him first." Again, mostly irrelevant. Her expression had twisted with obvious signs of pain. So few constants remained in her life, so few lasting bonds from the past. Her heart had been broken a thousand times over and now again.

Subject change. "I followed Torleik to his home in the Aurora Basin when he invited me," she said slowly but not bothering to consider her words. Ktulu was her sister. She would understand. "I was curious. I have never seen inside the Basin before until now. Barely was I there a few weeks when the God of Time appoints me Lady in Illynx's place," she said. Ophelia shook her head slowly.

"Much has changed since our father's age," she said. "The herd there is pleasant and independent. Torleik is there too. Ophelia smiled. "What about you? How is the Edge?"

Credits: Image by Araxel @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
a distant echo - by Ktulu - 01-02-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: a distant echo - by Ophelia - 01-03-2015, 03:09 PM
RE: a distant echo - by Ktulu - 01-03-2015, 05:58 PM
RE: a distant echo - by Ophelia - 01-03-2015, 11:03 PM
RE: a distant echo - by Ktulu - 01-03-2015, 11:29 PM
RE: a distant echo - by Ophelia - 01-14-2015, 02:39 AM