the Rift

[OPEN] gluttony [challenge viewing]

Cetan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Cetan

Life has a way of kicking us when we’re down. And just when we think we can’t fall any lower, we get kicked again.

I was going to be sick. I heard Thranduil's calls, his demands that i appear before him. So across the island i ran, dread in my step. Fighting... i didn't know how. I had never, never used my horns as weapons, and now here i was readying to draw blood. The thought of it made me feel as close to nauseated as i could get. I appear at the edge of the arena, but i am not the first.

What i see next horrifies me beyond measure. Thor has taken my place. Is defending me from one who would have been my victim. The reality of it doesn't hit me until they clash, and i hear his bellow of pain. "Dascăl!" I cannot hold back the cry, and i nearly leap into the arena, but i stop myself in time. There is another here, but i pay her no heed, my gaze locked on Thor as he fights.

It should be me. Those hooves should be against my side, those horns goring my flesh. Why. Why did he take my place? I couldn't understand it, and shame filled me as i came to an answer. Because i was too weak to fight. Because i would shame the Edge in my floundering. I don't want him to see me here, to see the anger and the disgust that would no doubt be in his eyes. It is my fault he is being hurt, my fault for not being clever enough.

I step back, then turn tail and flee, vanishing among the tents towards the edge of the isle. I had let him down. I had failed. I had not been the clever creature he wished for me to be, and the weight of my guilt was crushing, stealing my breath. Had i not learned already? I was cursed. Weak.

Useless.

Word Count: 309 Tags: 000
Background Credits!Valanee.devianart.com | Lineart

Please tag Cetan in all posts

Permission is given for all force against Cetan provided it doesn't kill him.

Messages In This Thread
gluttony [challenge viewing] - by Evangeline - 01-03-2015, 01:49 AM
RE: gluttony [challenge viewing] - by Cetan - 01-05-2015, 07:05 PM
RE: gluttony [challenge viewing] - by Kaj - 01-05-2015, 09:07 PM