the Rift

[OPEN] Hope You Guess My Name

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

There was a voice, a call to her asking what exactly it was she was doing did little to deter her from her position. But, it was Valiance who stopped what he was doing after depositing the herbs and swooped over toward the creature with stars all over his body. He swarmed the stag's face for a moment, giving him a puff of smoke in warning before immediately veering back toward Resplendence who simply said, "I'm picking herbs," between a few mouthfuls of them and depositing them in the baskets. She needed to stay focused, she needed to not get distracted, get scared, or anything else.

It was a song which caught her attention, pulled at heartstrings and made her pay attention. A different song, one that both reminded her of times past and of Valiance at night when she couldn't sleep. It was merging two different worlds that she wasn't sure could ever actually be merged. The Edge had been broken, shattered, left to be filled by different hearts cast out by a change in land and those who had originally fled from the Foothills seemed to have all but disappeared. Her family was not the same and she knew it. But this song. This song was what it had felt like when she had still had Mirage, when she had still had all of those from her old home.

Res stopped. She had to stop because the memories were so strong she needed to figure out why they were there. She spins in place, turning towards the sound as Valiance gets a call of his own. Even he was at peace with this strange call, this mix of memories, pleasure and pain, that his bonded was feeling. He spins out, trying to intermingle with the dragon spirits that were around this half-dragon half horse (which Valiance definitely realized far before Res even had a chance to take them in). And, it was only when another call, soft and gentle (much like Res herself) lifted into the air that she began to move forward. Her eyes searched for the source only to end up landing upon two different creatures.

Alas, it was when she finally took in this mare that she needed the peppermint that she had been pulling from the ground. This wasn't possible. At least, it wasn't supposed to be possible. Res vaguely recalled a humongous one so similar to this one as part of the Edge herd but she couldn't recall exactly where or when she had seen that creature. Hopefully the peppermint would kick in so that way she wouldn't start stressing out about these two creatures before her. One with dragon scales, one with stars upon his body.

It was confused memories and pleading hopes. Hopes of another old edge member who might be there. Hopes that her family might reunite. "Were you in the Edge before? Did you originally live in the Edge?" she whispered, shock in her eyes as she tries to place dragon figure before her that looked so close to one who had lived in the Edge, the giant dragon-horse creature who had lived there when Mirage had been there.

She was just clinging to a shred of hope that they were related, that she had called this dragon mare a part of her family. A hope that good memories of the times with Mirage might return with this creature's appearance. "Still fun. I like her dragons." Valiance chirped, still spinning around with her two spirit dragons.

Perhaps the world might turn right again?

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
Hope You Guess My Name - by Atlas - 01-03-2015, 02:57 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Resplendence - 01-03-2015, 03:53 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Amaris - 01-03-2015, 04:05 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Atlas - 01-03-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Resplendence - 01-04-2015, 03:36 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Amaris - 01-05-2015, 06:43 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Atlas - 01-07-2015, 05:46 PM