the Rift

[OPEN] Hope You Guess My Name

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
It was such a simple question, but for the girl, it was loaded with accusations and mockery, taunts that had never truly happened anywhere except in her own mind. Helovia is full of creatures like you, he asked, and she couldn't help but wince slightly at the wording. Though her rational mind knew he meant no harm, she felt a small and bitter part of her want to lash back, and so what if Helovia is full of creatures like me? What would you do then? Leave? The dragon-mare breathed out the spark of emotion that piqued within her, processing it carefully, refusing to let it bubble over and take control of her. "No, my sibling and father are the only others I know of," she murmured quietly, attempting to hold onto the polite air of pleasantness she had crafted, though her heart was no longer behind her words.

He speaks of companions then, a subject Amaris enjoyed far more than talking about herself, or the strange blend of species that marked her body. "Each companion is as unique as the soul it chooses to bond to. Dragons are protective of the things they love, generally, but that doesn't mean they will all express that through their fire." She spoke simply, factually, hoping she was giving a fair description of the species that gave her wings and scales (and teeth).

"I don't think ill of you," the girl's lips quirked into a shadow of a smirk, one very similar to the vague devious glint that often tinted her mother's façade. To his final query, she rolled her shoulders in a sketch of an equine shrug, rustling her leathery wings by her side. As they arrived at the stream and Resplendence returned, Amaris awarded the healer with a warm smile, listening closely to her explanation of the herbs she had gathered. Amaris knew some, such knowledge was essential for one who travelled (and hunted), but compared to the healer's hoard of information, the dragon-girl's knowledge was severely lacking. "Truly fascinating," she commented to the mare, dipping her tiara to better sniff the plant and remember it in case she needed it in future. She was a dragon after all, and dragons were known to play with fire - it was best she knew a way to combat fire's kiss.

"Sometimes, Atlas, these things just happen. You could spend your life trying to figure out how to avoid offending others in the future, or you could spend it living. The choice is yours, as it is everyone's." The wisdom that came from her lips was merely an echo of many a lesson her mother had given her, and even more recently, Lace. The dragon-mare, despite her hurt from before, did her best to follow her own advice, and move on from the imagined offence - life was too short to mull on such worries.

"I'd love to learn more about your art, Res." she used the mare's nickname with a pointed, amused look at Valiance, her tones friendly and true once more as she expressed her interest. "Maybe one day you can give me a lesson."

[ I AM SO SORRY. I didn't forget about this, but AMaris muse kinda went all wonky and bleh for a bit. SHE'S BACK I PROMISE. And I totes understand if ya'll wanna drop this thread lol. ]
Amaris
minicooper93402 @ flickr & larfsalot @deviantart

@[Atlas]
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
Hope You Guess My Name - by Atlas - 01-03-2015, 02:57 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Resplendence - 01-03-2015, 03:53 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Amaris - 01-03-2015, 04:05 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Atlas - 01-03-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Resplendence - 01-04-2015, 03:36 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Amaris - 01-05-2015, 06:43 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Atlas - 01-07-2015, 05:46 PM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Resplendence - 01-08-2015, 12:22 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Amaris - 01-08-2015, 09:31 PM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Atlas - 01-10-2015, 02:06 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Resplendence - 01-16-2015, 11:01 PM