Watermel0nBob
M
Y
R
R
I
N
E

The sun was so welcoming to her, she closed her eyes to bask in it. She hadn't noticed the stallion approaching, and so nearly jumped out of her skin at his cheery hello. Turning herself to face him fully she blinked, fully prepared for anything, only to find him in a non-threatening pose, and with a friendly smile upon his maw. She wasted no time smiling back, stepping herself closer and across the river to meet him. He seemed kind enough, he obviously meant no harm, and so to the other side she went, wanting to be able to speak to him without the rush of the river drowning out their conversation. At the mention of his name she dipped her head politely, pricking her ears forward and speaking in her soft lilt,"It's a pleasure to meet you Caenan! I am Myrrine of the World's Edge."

Pausing to let him continue she listened, expression entirely attentive on him as he seemed to ask if she could join in her fun, but only if her "Ma and Pa" approved. Letting a small frown grace her maw in thought, she turned away to look around to see that they were in fact alone. Not that she minded, but she was only curious if he had seen another adult around and thus assumed she was with them. No, there was no one in sight, and she looked back at him as he seemed to be asking about the same thing. Was she here alone? Yes, she was, she never really had company when she went out on her romps. She was sure if she had asked one of the members of the Edge to follow, they would have happily accepted, but she knew they all had very important things to do, and playing with a little foal out in the meadows was not high up on their list.

Giving a polite smile, she tilted her head, shaking it slightly and answering his questions,"You're most certainly welcome to join me. I was just out trying to give myself a bath. I would love to help you with your second question, but my mother and father are not here. They don't live here with me." Pausing, she wondered if that made sense to him. Perhaps she should explain, that might help him out more.

"What I mean by that, is that they live in another land that is unlike this place. I haven't seen them since I was born," she spoke honestly, having nothing to hide. She saw no point in having secrets here, for they only led to trouble in the long run. Besides, she had no qualms with not having her parents around, it seemed they hadn't cared about her, so why should she care about them? Deep down she knew she loved them to a certain degree, but only because they were blood, otherwise she never put much thought into their whereabouts. Her adopted mother however, was a different story. She greatly missed the mare who came to her aid when she was newborn, who nursed her back to health and raised her to how old she was now with all the love and care. Her heart broke every day when she woke up and the mare's body wasn't present, and nor was her tender scent that would forever be imprinted in her memory.

Soon she realized that she had sort of crawled back into her own thoughts, and with a shake of her head she smiled sheepishly, feeling rude for spacing out in such a way. She decided she would change the subject, turning herself around and back into the cool water, calling back to him sweetly,"Let's swim for a bit! The water is the perfect temperature. I like your horn by the way, it's very unique!" She let a giggle tinkle from her lips, shaking her fluffy build as she began to prance around once more in the shallow depths, waiting patiently fo him to join her.

Text
Thought
"Speech"

OOC: Gosh the muse assaulted me! See I told you I could do it ;D
TAG: Caenan
WC: 670
Image Credit
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Messages In This Thread
How the Light Shines Upon Thee - by Myrrine - 01-03-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: How the Light Shines Upon Thee - by Caenan - 01-04-2015, 05:20 PM