the Rift

[OPEN] How Can One Love?

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob
<style type="text/css">::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 5px; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-track { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent;}</style>
White December

This place had been attracting her attention for quite sometime. She had seen the stony structure, secluded in this forest, left to nature's devices to crumble into nothing. It stood tall and everlasting in this woods, and December couldn't help but admire it just for that. She brought herself closer to the rotunda with a certain ease, her thick muscles rippling beneath her matte coat. Pushing past some of the trees she was soon beneath the arches, taking note of the silk tapestry that framed each entry. Tilting her ivory skull to view the stain glass, her eyes take in the light as the various colors dance around her.

A calm brings itself upon her, making her feel at ease, for once again she felt alone. Her last encounter with someone had left her wanting to never interact with another living being again. The image of the buckskin filly exploding the earth and giggling about it made her mentally roll her eyes, especially since when her father finally did come, he tried to blame it all on her. The man was obviously in pain and taking his pain out on her, because he didn't know how to do his job as a parent. Snorting in irritation just at the thought of the conversation, she stomped her massive hoof, before turning herself towards the stream.

She shouldn't be thinking about Oxy right now. The man obviously had no shroud of courtesy towards others, and she wasn't going to waste her time thinking about him and his idiotic tactics. Gods help the foal he was raising, or even better, Gods help the poor mother who had to deal with them both. A smirk escaped her briefly at the thought, before her lips pressed into the cool depths of liquid, to give herself a drink. Savoring the coolness as it rushed down her throat, the mare's muscles finally relaxed, and because she felt she was finally alone, she could be herself and at peace.

"Speech"
Text
Thought

{WC: 331
Tag: Vadim
OOC: Ugh I feel so awful for starting with such a small post! Please forgive me!}

image credits

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming

Vadim Posts: 106
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Vlasi :: Common Rougarou :: Water ali
 Vadim

hello teacher tell me whats my lesson

look right through me
                                                                     look right through me

They are alone again, but it is nothing new to the pair because they are always alone. Together they travel wherever they please because they have no place that they call home. They have no leaders to answer to, only themselves. They have no duties that they must complete other than feeding themselves when they get hungry, finding water when they're thirsty, and a warm, dry place to bed down when they are tired. Try as he might, Vadim cannot imagine his life any other way. He cannot picture himself answering to anyone or following orders like he had done so diligently when he had been a colt. He does not want to go back to that life, does not want to be a puppet and allow anyone to pull his strings.

Vlasi runs ahead of Vadim and he watches her as she bounds through the growing grass. They've come this way before so they know that the Rotunda is located somewhere ahead and they know that the stream is near it. The stream is the main reason why they have detoured to come this way, so Vadim can drink while Vlasi plays and bathes. "Don't get too far ahead." Vadim says through his mental connection to the three headed pup. 'Not boss.' The pup responds before she disappears from Vadim's sight. A few seconds later he hears a splash and can feel Vlasi's excitement increase. It makes him sigh because he feels that the pup's energy and excitement is boundless.

"Vlasi." He speaks her name through their connection, but she ignores him and as he comes to the stream he can see her bounding through the water. It would not have a problem had there not been another horse drinking from the stream. Vadim snorts and moves into a canter to try and head off the pup, but she already has too much of a head start and is splashing past the mare before Vadim can get close. "Vlasi!" This time he barks out her name, his voice rough and jagged, in hopes that the mare is intelligent enough to know that the pup is his.

"."

@[December]

Credits

Icon by Tay

<style type="text/css">::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 5px; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-track { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent;}</style>
White December

A new scent came to her senses, causing steel eyes to flit to the right, finding a figure making its way toward her. Lifting herself up to see what exactly it was, she felt her hair raise at the sight of a three-headed dog. She had never seen one before, and still had yet figured out if it was friend or foe. Holding up a hoof in defense she arched her neck, ready to fight... until it went running past her and splashed her with water. Caught by surprise she snorted, letting her foot drop as she shook off the remnants of her assault. From the looks of things, it had only been playing, and that was enough to bring the draft's defenses back down. A gruff, masculine voice called from the direction the creature had came, and soon a stallion was nearby, obviously annoyed that his companion had been so rude.

He was a unicorn, very much unlike her, with strange blue markings accenting his eyes. Blue seemed to accent his entire grulla body, and as he made his way closer to the stream she took note that he was slightly taller than she. December moved her bulk slightly to the side, offering more room for the stallion to drink his fill, as her gaze soon went back to the pup. She wondered what exactly the creature was, but certainly wasn't going to ask so quickly. Instead she only let a gentle breeze waft her duo-toned mane, before glancing nonchalantly at her new company,"You seem to have your hooves full."

"Speech"
Text
Thought

{WC: 262
OOC: OMG I'm so sorry my posts will get better I promise. I'm just really tired right now T-T}

image credits

Vadim

look right through me
                                                                     look right through me

He sees the mare's hoof rise and in his mind he sees her slamming that hoof down on Vlasi and ending the pup's life before it truly began. His ears fall back against his head and he barks out a command at the large mare. "NO!" The sudden surge of protective instinct takes the young stallion by surprise and his magic is bubbling to the surface, his mind scattering in a million different directions as he tries to think of a world that would terrify the mare that has threatened Vlasi. All the the span of a few moments he wonders if she would be scared of a world filled with hungry predators nipping at her heels or if she would be more frightened if she were plunged into a world of water with no escape other than drowning.

Then she lowers her hoof.

Vadim's mind comes to a screeching halt as does his body. The mare's hoof touches the ground and Vlasi scampers away unharmed and oblivious to her brush with death. His ears tilt forward and his blue eyes move from the pup to the mare and he stares hard at her, wondering why she did nothing to hurt Vlasi. He thinks that it couldn't possibly be the fact that he screamed no at her because when does anyone ever listen to him? His tail twitches and he blinks as she speaks, telling him that he seems to have his hooves full.

She doesn't know the half of it.

The young stallion nods his head once before his gaze falls to Vlasi who is now racing back to him. In the time he's had her she's grown and though she's gotten taller and her body bigger she is still a pup. She is still playful. She is still oblivious to the dangers of the world around her. She trips over her own still too big paws and she falls heads first into the stream and she flounders for a moment, rolls, then stands and shakes the water from her coat. Vadim sighs and shakes his head before finally allowing himself a drink.

"."

@[December]

Credits

Icon by Tay

White December

Soon the pup was back, splashing about in the water, playing and frolicking towards her master. She slipped of course, before flailing about in panic. December was about to walk in to help the young one back up, only to see that she had regained her footing and was now shaking water off of herself. Ignoring the droplets that tainted her ivory coat, she simply looked to the stallion, who only sighed, shaking his skull before indulging in the stream's liquids. Snorting softly, she can't help but be amazed on how he could handle taking care of someone besides himself, someone who didn't know how to live on their own. Her mind reeled back to the yearling she had found in the Threshold, lost and scared, and all alone. Her heart had yearned to help her, to take her into her care and guide her through life.

That was the only time she had ever been willing to care for someone besides herself, otherwise she found the challenge to be so difficult. Yet, perhaps it was the season and the approach of new life being brought about, but she couldn't help but half desire for a family of her own. When it would be her child, the responsibilities didn't seem so bad, so challenging, and worth while in the end. Would it be the same if she were to somehow obtain a companion? She wasn't too sure. Letting air escaped her nostrils, she took one last drink, before stepping into the waters and soaking her coat with them. She had grown tired of the temperature, and desired to cool herself off. Making sure to stay far away from the male's pup, she plopped down, causing a huge splash of water to spray about. She paused, suddenly feeling like an idiot for not being more careful. She only hoped she hadn't splashed too much water on him.

"My apologies," she blurted quickly, trying to redeem herself for acting such a fool, but in an attempt to stand and face him properly she too slipped, causing her face to crash into the waters, along with half of her side. In an instant her head was back up, mouth agape to gasp for breath as she coughed out any water that manage to get into her lungs. Her ears found their way into her mane, flattened against her skull in displeasure at her own idiocy. This predicament had turned into a strange one, first she was trying to take a drink and find some peace, and here she was, soaked with water and now at the hands of a most likely very perturbed stallion. She would be surprised if he didn't chew her out for such childish actions.

"Speech"
Text
Thought

{WC: 455
OOC: Awkward December is awkward.}

image credits

Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn
N
A
Y
A
T
I

After her evening with Vadim, she'd returned to the Edge. Invisible once again, but she'd grown used to the sensation of walking by someone and not having recognition light up in their eyes. Nobody would ever understand how much it hurt, but she'd stopped bothering to tell them. Why should she? It did nothing to change it, and instead she persevered, gathering herbs and doing menial tasks for Alysanne and Resplendence. Tending to the garden. None of it really made her happy, but little did these days, and being busy was better than standing around and letting her thoughts percolate in her brain. Moving about made her feel like maybe she wasn't actually sad, let her forget.

Forget.

FO R G E T . . .

A soft sigh escaped her maw, a shadow falling across her eyes and lifting a laugh to her lips as she glanced up to peer at Rathunax who was staring down with his chin to his belly to look at her as his wings carried him onward. They moved with ease, in tandem, a pattern born of repetition and living in each other's back pockets. They had no rhyme or reason, no purpose or destination. It was reminiscent of her days as a wild horse, with no herd to return to, nobody to answer to, no curfew and no task to complete. At times she missed it, but she was just as lonely then as she was living in the Edge. So she'd decided long ago that she'd rather have the protection of a patron, a safe place to sleep, over the nomadic life she'd once lived.

Rathunax cried out, jolting Nayati from her thoughts. ADIM! he shrieked happily in her head. A rush of warmth made her knees weak, threw off her steps, and Rathunax was immediately smug. "Oh shut up," she moaned, embarrassed. Still, she hurried her steps, eager to see her friend once more. Except he didn't seem to be alone, and she slowed with a sudden hesitation. Was it appropriate for her to intrude? Rathunax nudged her, pointing to the willow near the banks, which she could collect as part of her reasoning for being in the vicinity. As he flew off to do so, she trailed towards the creek, flowers blooming with every step and fairy baubles tinkling happily in her mane.

"Hello Vadim," she called to him, and her smile turned to include Vlasi. "Hello Vlasi." The mare was an unknown, and was thus turned to last with a mildly sheepish expression painted on her lovely visage. "I hope I'm not intruding, I came to gather some herbs. It's a pleasure to meet you, my name is Nayati." Hopefully that would prompt her to reveal her name.

Meanwhile she happily walked through the stream towards Vadim. Though he was no easy book to read, she had experience, and he seemed tense and rather upset by something. As she neared she turned to shield her face from the other mare, brow crinkling in concern. "Are you okay?" she murmured to him privately, dipping her head to drink from the water as an excuse while her crimson eyes remained riveted on her friend. Had something happened? Was the mare dangerous?

Notes: Hope you don't mind the thread crash! Nayati is on an herb run and she knows Vadim ;D

Collecting: Willow and Valerian

Image Credit

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Vadim

look right through me
                                                                     look right through me

No sooner have Vadim's lips touched the water he sees that Vlasi is on the move once more. She has all the spirit of a puppy, eager to play, eager to please, protective when she senses danger, and always on the lookout for mischeif. She rubs her wet side against Vadim's cheek as he drinks then curls in a feline manner under his neck as she continues to rub against her bonded in an attempt to dry her saturated coat. One of her three heads nips at his mane, tugs it, while another tries to take the chunk of mane from the first, and the final barks and growls at the other two. It is a constant symphony of barks and growls, one that Vadim has gotten used to and one that he would miss if anything should happen to her.

His mane is dropped and all three of Vlasi's head begin to growl when the large mare plops her large body into the water. She effectively sends a wave that splashes over Vadim's head, making him jerk his head upright, spluttering as the water enters his nose. He shakes his head and snorts, trying to clear his nasal passages. His ears fall sideways and he steps back from the stream as the large mare apologizes. With his nose cleared of the water he finally looks at December in just enough time to see her slip into the water in a manner similar to what Vlasi had done. It makes him chuckle quietly. "Okay?" He asks as her coughs begin to lessen.

'YATI!' Vadim winces at the sudden screeched name that explodes within his mind courtesy of Vlasi. His head turns and he watches the pup as she runs toward the spotted mare, her tail wagging from side to side with such force he's surprised her butt doesn't fly away. He is torn between leaving the draft in the water and greeting his friend. One ear tilts forward and the other falls back as he tries to make his decision, but Nayati makes it for him as she approaches with Vlasi bouncing around her legs and yapping for the mare's attention.

His ears tilt forward as Nayati speaks and he notices that her dragon is not by her, only Vlasi. So he looks and he sees the dragon near one of the willows. Vlasi picks up on this and she stops and stands still for a moment watching Rathaunax. There is a sudden flurry of movement as her shape changes from her typical three headed form into that of a bald eagle. With a cry she flies toward Nayati's dragon, making Vadim sigh quietly. He is suddenly very aware of Nayati's proximity and he shifts his body, nodding as she asks him if he's okay. "Okay." He says to prove his point before he looks at December. "Okay?"

"."

@[December]

Credits

Icon by Tay

White December

As soon as she'd finished coughing up a lung, her steel eyes looked to the man, seeing a chuckle escape him. She wanted to be annoyed, irritated, to stand up and leave him in a huff, but she didn't blame him for being amused. She had most likely looked like quite the fool. His coarse voice posed a question to her, one that brought her ears forward as her bulk brought itself back up onto all fours. Water dripped from her alabaster bodice, running down her thick feathered legs and back into the stream, as her mane clung to her strong neck tightly, as if holding onto a long lost lover. Taking a step forward and out of the stream, she was about to answer when another came around. At once the little pup known as Vlasi was in a fit, yipping and playfully running around the mare's form. Obviously the two had been acquainted.

Running her muzzle along her side to begin the process of drying herself, she briefly paused when suddenly she was the center of attention. Looking up and into the mare's eyes she listened, before switching her gaze to the white male briefly. She hadn't been expecting to meet two equines today, and she couldn't really say she was pleased about it. She would for now remain polite though, and after another pause she finally responded to them both,"I am December." She supposed she could say more, but she didn't really want to. She was half tempted to leave and let the two catch up, but she was also interested in this man, and his companion too.

Her fascination turned into shock as the once pup disappeared in a rush of movement, before in her place was a bald eagle. Soaring away to catch up to a dragon basking in the willows, December stepped back, balking at the mere concept. Her eyes looked to the pair for answers, for anything, explaining what in the world just happened. She had never seen anything like it before. Trying to form words, to say something, just to prove she wasn't crazy, she took a step towards them with her ears swiveling about quickly,"She was just... I saw her as... How?" She usually never enjoyed revealing her true ignorance to others, but being still in a slight state of shock she couldn't help but disregard that little fact for now. She needed an answer, something, anything to convince that what she had seen was entirely real. She still had much to learn about Helovia and its wonders, but she still didn't seem to grasp just how much it actually was. Pausing, she suddenly remembered the question the stallion had asked her, Vadim was his name, and as an afterthought softly muttered,"Yes, I'm fine."

"Speech"
Text
Thought

{WC: 466
Tag: @[Nayati]
OOC: Hiya Brit! Lemme know if you don't wanna be tagged.}

image credits

Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn
N
A
Y
A
T
I

Joyous barking reaches her pricked ears, and rose eyes dart to the earth to watch as Vlasi sprinted through the water to her side. Laughter bubble out from between her teeth, lowering her muzzle and nickering playfully back at the hyperactive shapeshifter. Vlasi was a great joy to her life, and she regretted not being able to see her and Vadim on a more regular basis. The pup's sudden excitement makes her heart swell, realizing that it is her presence that makes the young rougarou so happy. They walk together- in Vlasi's case practically bouncing- towards the stream where her friend and his new associate awaits.

As they do, Vlasi's attention (which of her heads was it?) turned to where Rathunax was perched in the willow tree, gathering branches and strips of bark. It was odd to see her transform, as she'd never been around to. Nayati had always known she was a shapeshifter, having been the one to categorize her original form as a platypus when she and Vadim had first met. Still, she watched in awe and curiosity as a bald eagle inexplicably emerged from the Cerberus shape she'd previously held. That was the form Nayati had not yet had the pleasure of seeing, but she smiled to see Vlasi beating her wings and heading straight for her own companion.

December's sudden squeak of horror drew her attention, and she turned in the water to face her. Clearly confused, perhaps even mildly distressed, it tugged instinctively on the gentle mare's heartstrings. With Vadim checking out and her worry quenched regarding him, she turned her attention to the taller maiden. A sympathetic smile blossomed on her inky lips, lily pads and flowers blooming stubbornly on the river where she stood only to drift away on the current. Her magic did the strangest things, would that, too, frighten the mare? It wasn't as if Nayati could simply turn it off, she sincerely hoped it would not.

"It's alright, it can be quite a shock," she called softly, moving upstream towards the dame. "I'm not the one to best explain Vlasi's nature, but I assure you it's perfectly normal for her." In the willow, Rathunax let out a sharp sound of greeting to the eagle, wings flapping and thrusting into the air to circle and chase her in the air making a delighted racket. Nayati glanced up at them and laughed softly, amused to see them so carefree and joyous.

"Are you okay? You both took quite a dive. I'm a nurse, if you require any assistance," she clarified, eyes warm despite their shocking albinistic qualities. Endless tresses drifted on the current behind her, a tiny fae surrounded by a swath of ivory and lily flowers. Cocking her head over her shoulder she smiled at Vadim, standing between the two of them and trying to motion him closer for a proper conversation with the mare. "I'm from the World's Edge. Are you from any particular herd?" If Vadim trusted her, then Nayati would as well, and so she was confident enough to strike up pleasant conversation. It still had not hit her that her comfort level had risen drastically since her friendship with Vadim was first formed, but those realizations could come another day.

@[December] and I don't need to be tagged! Couldn't fit it in Nayati's signature haha.

Image Credit

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Vadim

look right through me
                                                                     look right through me

"She was just... I saw her as... How?"

Vadim stares at December as the mare processes the change that Vlasi had gone through and he can't help but to think she is feeling the same way he did the first time he had witnessed it. "Shapeshifter." He says as his gaze follows back to his companion and her friend. He is quite confident that Vlasi will not allow Rathaunax to gather the herbs that Nayati has set out for, and will instead entice the dragon into a game of tag. One ear rotates toward Nayati as she addresses Vlasi's change and calls it normal, though it really is anything but normal. "Dog. Elk. Eagle." He says, naming each of his companion's forms.

The young stallion finally looks back to the two mares as Nayati offers December medical assistance, should she need it. He doesn't think the draft mare will because she did not fall from any great height and he did not smell blood like he would if she had cut herself on any of the rocks at the bottom of the stream. "Worry too much." He says to the spotted girl as he looks back to December, who had already admitted that she was fine. He supposes it is in Nayati's nature to worry over others and he wonders if it is a similar attribute that all nurses possess.

His gaze shifts between the two mares as Nayati asks of December's herd. His ears tilt forward and he listens for December's answer, though it is of little importance to him what herd she comes from or if she is an outcast. He wonders why the question is asked so often and if one's allegiance truly matters. However it seems to matter to Nayati so he stays quiet and allows her to ask her questions.

"."

@[December]
@[Nayati]

ooc://
i'm sorry i'm a loser D:

Credits

Icon by Tay