the Rift

[PRIVATE] Blanket of Cinders

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Your spine is ablaze
Felling any foe with my gaze

Though born on the sands, her true beginning happened here among the rich grasses and luscious flowers. Here, Illynx had pulled her from the brink of death, inviting her into their fold with brothers Rikyn and Erebos. Yet her family had disappeared, lost now to whatever adventures took them hence. And she was left behind, a remnant, discarded among the rubble of Helovia. Moving on would be admitting her loss, a loss she did not want to face. Her warrior's heart was born broken, born abandoned, and compounding loss only served to fuel the fire of her anger and weaken her resolve.

Fires still burned in this world that were honest, even if they were few. Aithniel had discovered her abilities purely by accident - an accident born of childish clumsiness. Tumbling over her own hooves had produced a flame which had singed her tail, and there she had stood, striking together the cloven toes and watching sparks fly. At the time, she had thought this proved the fear that she was a freak, undeserving of love, affection or attention. Now, as bitterness, more aged than she, settled in, the fire represented power and a means to defend herself from naysayers and cruelty.

The girl shoved a rock with her toe as she shoved through tall blades, not paying a bit of attention to where she was going. Her eyes were in her mind and not on the path ahead of her - and that did make sense if you thought about it long enough. Aithniel did not see Erebos bowed in the shadows, concentrating on the small flame which erupted seductively on a single blade. Instead, she came right upon him until the heat of his body and smell of another snapped her from her thoughts. Aithniel quickly scrambled backward, apologizing profusely until she realized who she had almost just run over.

"Erebos?" she asked, confused. What was he doing all the way out here? Then, she saw the flame. "OH COOL!" she exclaimed, jumping to punctuate her excitement. "Did you make that? Can you make fire too?" The light in her bright, silver orbs was evidence as she looked at him, troubles and bitterness fading away to the innocent, soft soul inside - so rarely seen. If he could make fire, that would mean she was not alone entirely.

"Hey, look... this just started to happen to me too..." she said, opening her wings carefully and shaking the feathers. Ash like apocalyptic snow rained from them, dancing around the grass and disappearing on the wind.

Credits: Image by Tabini with many thanks from Blu

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Messages In This Thread
Blanket of Cinders - by Erebos - 01-04-2015, 06:44 PM
RE: Blanket of Cinders - by Aithniel - 01-05-2015, 01:24 AM
RE: Blanket of Cinders - by Erebos - 01-05-2015, 06:55 PM