the Rift

[OPEN] United We Stand, Now And Forever

Kvothe Posts: 62
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 6 || Frostfall
Elodin :: Dik-Dik :: None Tribs

K V O T H E

“I walk a Path few may follow. I walk the Path of the Observer, of the Writer, of the Teller.
I walk the path of the Bard.”

It was time. I had been idle in Helovia, purposeless. Albeit i'd not been in this land long, but time was precious to a creature such as i, and i was not one to remain without cause, without purpose for long. My talk with the crafter Finn had sparked an idea, a hope inside of me that burned bright. Elodin had picked up on my growing excitement as i headed towards the sea, towards the place where so many legends began and ended. He walked beside me on the journey, for as his kind were wont to do he was upon his feet in hours, especially when Rei and i discovered a particular berry he enjoyed. Frequently i stop, however, and at times when he refused to rise i would carry him upon my back.

When we reach the sea i can feel his excitement, his curiousity. This...companion, this bond between us... oh i cannot even grasp the words to how precious it is to me already. To think, that one day we will be able to speak with words and images together... the thought of it has my lips curling. Already Elodin is a handful, thrice now i have lost sight of him and when i find him he is in some sort of trouble or mess. Miniature baby antelope and thick spiderwebs are a nasty combination. But now he frolics on the sand, sticking his nose into everything. I'm not surprised at all when he lets out a holler that shouldn't come from something that small and barrels towards me with the foul end of a hermit crab attached to his nose.

I pull the crab as gently as i could from my bonded's muzzle, and the moment i set it down he begins playing with it, albeit with more caution than before. Good lad. Now, it was time for my work to begin. I raise my head, tasting the salt air on my tongue and feeling the wind through my mane. Finn had been here last i saw him, and i hoped he was still here, lingering nearby. "Finn! T'is Kvothe, i wish to speak with you!" I call out to the air as loud as i could, which startles Elodin and has him darting for cover between my legs, his small body hunched up and still.

My tail curls around his small body, and i can feel him relaxing into the warmth of my hair. He is precious, fragile and innocent... and i love him. It is hard for me to believe he hatched(literally. One of the strangest sights i've seen yet, and that is saying alot) scarce but a few days ago, he is rather active for a newborn, but when his energy runs out he just falls. It scared me quite a few times, i had feared he'd fallen dead on the ground. But nope, just sleeping. One of the rare times he isn't a little devil.

I stand there, an ankle cocked and a baby antelope near my leg, awaiting the arrival of Finn.

"Kvothe's speech."
"Elodin's speech."

OOC: This is the thread to begin the troupe :D I'd like for Finn to post first though, so Kvothe and him can officially form the gang. This will be for those wishing to join the troupe, or those interested/curious about it

Word Count: 516 Tags: @[Finn] @[Reyna] @[Caenan]

Please tag Cetan in all posts.
Any force is allowed against Cetan short of killing him.

Finn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
F
I
N
N
Oh, how I loved the beach! It was nothing like my fair home of Ossic Briar, and though I had heard plenty of complaints that the salty stench of the ocean was cause enough for a headache, I had come to find a sort of comfort in it. I would have stayed there forever if I could, would have made a home of the lovely place, but alas; I was a traveler, a seller of goods and a man always on the move, but never could I find myself to leave it for too long.

It was here that I had found Romani, the Princess of my home Kingdom, having become a gypsy of her own right and finding a freedom she had never been allowed to experience before. I worried for her and thought often of the golden beauty, but with Kasai at her side, I knew my fretting was surely to be in vain.

These sandy beaches were also where I had found a curious Sir, a unicorn that, no surprise, stood much taller than I, and we had had the most brilliant talk. I took a liking to the fellow instantly, and it took little time for us to stir up this absurdly brilliant idea to travel about Helovia, bringing joy and stories and songs and just... so many grand things to this downtrodden (and might I add, sometimes quite terrifying) land. We had planned to meet again, sooner than later I hoped, and it was to the vicinity of the beaches I remained for some time awaiting my friend's return with an excited sort of impatience.

So it was with much joy that I heard Kvothe's voice one this morn as I lay basking in the sun, and in no time at all I had managed to roll onto my feet, shaking free the sand that clung to an already dusty colored pelt. My eyes sought him out, and when they landed upon the prodigious roan, I was positively thrilled. There were nights I had wondered if he really would return, but it seemed for once, I may have found a true and honest friend in Kvothe.

"My friend!" I called out to the stag, picking up a lively trot to close the distance between us. It didn't take long for me to take notice of the small body which stood hidden behind the roan's leg, however, and cautiously I came to a halt before them, unintending to frighten the small creature. "It is good to see you again, Kvothe; I feared something may have happened," I speak, positively beaming but mindful of coming off as too energetic, which is terribly difficult for one such as myself.

"Have you gained a new friend in your travels?" I ask soon after, dropping my head to peer more easily at the creature which stood entangled in the unicorn's thick tail.

Speak
Image Credit

Kvothe Posts: 62
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 6 || Frostfall
Elodin :: Dik-Dik :: None Tribs

K V O T H E

“I walk a Path few may follow. I walk the Path of the Observer, of the Writer, of the Teller.
I walk the path of the Bard.”

In no time at all, my call is answered. Finn's dusted body appears farther down the sandy shores. I raise my head to the wind, calling out to him as i spring forward, Elodin bounding at my heels as my legs eat up the distance. I had entered this land alone, and yet i was already making friends, and i held them dear. Finn, like Rei, i had taken an instant fondness to, and the sight of the stockier man brought a smile to my lips.

"Finn! Forgive me for taking so long, i traveled quite a distance away from here." I apologize, smiling when i felt Elodin bump my leg. Finn's concern for me is touching, and i welcome it. "Nay, i am a hardy creature, and i have no qualms about running when need be... but i admit, i have heard rumors of murders, so regrettably i have been moving far more cautiously than 'ere i did before." I say, a twinge of sorrow across my features.

But with a toss of my head i banish such thoughts before they could begin. "But now is not time for such dark thoughts! Your assumption is correct, this is Elodin." For once in his short life, the little infant is playing shy, hiding behind my leg. But with a step and a gentle push, i move him into view. "He was given to me by a large turtle upon the floating isle, as an egg."

Elodin, now in the spotlight, regards Finn with those large honey eyes of his... and bleats. As if his message is sent, he promptly ignores us and prances off to explore around the beach. "He is...something else." I say, a fond smile on my face as i watch the small child, but one eye is kept on the sky, wary of predators. In fact, the beach is too exposed for my tastes, and i nicker to Elodin softly. He trots over, and i curl my tail around him.

"But enough of me, how have you been my friend? And have you thought upon my offer?" I asked, ears pricked sharp in excitement. Finn was an honorable soul, i had picked up on that within minutes of our first meeting; a kindred spirit, a gypsy born. I dearly hoped this man would help in our shared dream, and even if he did not, at least participate. After all, us wanderers must stay together.

For who protects those that owe allegiance to none?

"Kvothe's speech."
Kvothe's thoughts.
"Elodin's speech."

Word Count:417 Tags:@[Finn]

Please tag Kvothe in all posts.
Any force is allowed against Kvo short of killing him.

Finn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
F
I
N
N
Thrilled as I was to know my friend had returned to me unscathed, a perturbed expression leaked across my own features as he spoke mention of the strange murders occurring all across Helovia. I, too, had heard of them not so long ago, making for many uneasy nights. I prayed I might fall asleep only to wake up to many more glorious sunrises, wishing the same for the few friends I had made, like Kvothe and Midas.

But we had not come together again to discuss such a somber topic.

Shifting my attention back down to the small form of the dik-dik, or Elodin as Kvothe introduced him, a smile quickly replaced that oppressive frown. Oh, he was a doll, and I hoped that it would take little time for little Elodin to grow comfortable around me and, and --- I am awestruck as the little thing lets out a bleat, as though suddenly at ease, and turns to prance about the beach.

"Aye, he is," comes an agreement riding on a gentle chuckle, amber gaze shifting to Kvothe. The tale of how Elodin came to be is a terribly strange one, and I hardly notice the tilting of my head nor the confused furrowing of my brows as I regard him. It is a story I must know, but perhaps it could wait for another day. There are things of greater importance to discuss.

"I have been well," I give in simple answer, "Keeping to myself, mostly; with the recent going-ons, I'm not sure who I can trust and who I cannot, much to my chagrin." Because I was a social creature who thrived in the company of others, but I also quite valued my life.

At the mention of the offer bestowed upon me weeks ago, my eyes grew wide, dancing with excitement at the memory of our first meeting. It had been short, but our aspirations were mutual, and I wished for nothing more than to make it all a reality. To live a good, simple life surrounded by friends and family, never calling one singular place 'home', bringing joy to as many as possible.

Leveling my gaze with Kvothe's, or as well as I was able to, anyway, I was powerless to rein in the smile that slipped across my face. "It would be my greatest honor and privilege to serve beneath you, Kvothe."

Speak
Image Credit