the Rift

[OPEN] United We Stand, Now And Forever

Kvothe Posts: 62
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 6 || Frostfall
Elodin :: Dik-Dik :: None Tribs

K V O T H E

“I walk a Path few may follow. I walk the Path of the Observer, of the Writer, of the Teller.
I walk the path of the Bard.”

In no time at all, my call is answered. Finn's dusted body appears farther down the sandy shores. I raise my head to the wind, calling out to him as i spring forward, Elodin bounding at my heels as my legs eat up the distance. I had entered this land alone, and yet i was already making friends, and i held them dear. Finn, like Rei, i had taken an instant fondness to, and the sight of the stockier man brought a smile to my lips.

"Finn! Forgive me for taking so long, i traveled quite a distance away from here." I apologize, smiling when i felt Elodin bump my leg. Finn's concern for me is touching, and i welcome it. "Nay, i am a hardy creature, and i have no qualms about running when need be... but i admit, i have heard rumors of murders, so regrettably i have been moving far more cautiously than 'ere i did before." I say, a twinge of sorrow across my features.

But with a toss of my head i banish such thoughts before they could begin. "But now is not time for such dark thoughts! Your assumption is correct, this is Elodin." For once in his short life, the little infant is playing shy, hiding behind my leg. But with a step and a gentle push, i move him into view. "He was given to me by a large turtle upon the floating isle, as an egg."

Elodin, now in the spotlight, regards Finn with those large honey eyes of his... and bleats. As if his message is sent, he promptly ignores us and prances off to explore around the beach. "He is...something else." I say, a fond smile on my face as i watch the small child, but one eye is kept on the sky, wary of predators. In fact, the beach is too exposed for my tastes, and i nicker to Elodin softly. He trots over, and i curl my tail around him.

"But enough of me, how have you been my friend? And have you thought upon my offer?" I asked, ears pricked sharp in excitement. Finn was an honorable soul, i had picked up on that within minutes of our first meeting; a kindred spirit, a gypsy born. I dearly hoped this man would help in our shared dream, and even if he did not, at least participate. After all, us wanderers must stay together.

For who protects those that owe allegiance to none?

"Kvothe's speech."
Kvothe's thoughts.
"Elodin's speech."

Word Count:417 Tags:@[Finn]

Please tag Kvothe in all posts.
Any force is allowed against Kvo short of killing him.

Messages In This Thread
United We Stand, Now And Forever - by Kvothe - 01-05-2015, 02:03 AM
RE: United We Stand, Now And Forever - by Finn - 01-08-2015, 11:44 PM
RE: United We Stand, Now And Forever - by Kvothe - 01-09-2015, 12:06 AM
RE: United We Stand, Now And Forever - by Finn - 01-12-2015, 05:02 PM