the Rift

[OPEN] a dead man's touch

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

Rounded hooves land on sand for the first time since I ate that insane drug that the Town Moron carries around with him at all times. My head spins at the thought of it, the thought of how quickly it coursed through my system; someone may as well have shot it straight into my veins and giggled while doing so. My nostrils pinch at the idea of them, babbling and being confusing while I wanted to melt into the sand as it quivered under my folded legs. I remember being hot and sweaty. Ugh, how disgusting.

I'd much rather have my wits about me, thank you.

How does he live like that? I don't consider that living, now that I think about it. Coping..? How does he cope with the world like that?

My tail flicks in the briny air, making a soft ticking noise as strands of thin hair slap my hip. Finally I saunter toward the waters that crash onto the shore just on the other side of the dunes, following a thin trail nearly hidden by coarse beach grasses and sun-bleached logs that had washed up decades ago. Occasionally I drop my head to snag a small mouthful of the sand coated vegetation and am immediately displeased with the overbearing amount of salt, but for some reason continue to chew the rubbery plant.

Deep violet eyes catch the first glimpse of rolling waters, both ears tipped forward just as the wind catches my hair and twirls it around; I probably look pretty fucking regal right now, if the sun isn't in the viewer's way. I draw in a deep breath and gaze out to the crystal waves, lips curling at the corners. An adventure is always nice; maybe I just need to leave home for a while. There has to be something better than all of that bullshit. For a split second, my heart throbs at the fresh (in my mind) news that Seele has crossed over from our world to another.

A dark shape disturbs my thoughts as it creeps into the corner of my right eye, moving slowly into the waters below. Dark lids narrow into slits and my gauged ear snaps backward, laced snout pulling to the side to view the stranger better at the same time. The strange colored body is to small for it's unusual height, but what especially sparks my interest is the extra set of wings tied to the man's spine. The glare stays painted on my tribal painted face, but I can't help but want to charge at this creature... the pointy edges of his body remind me of those revolting wraiths. The thought of the living dead makes my throat tighten and heart skip a beat for a moment. Surely they're all gone, right? They can't live in the sun, and couldn't have survived the winter!

Right?

Worry wells in my thinly sculpted chest, hiding behind every feeling that makes me who I am: anger, loathing, and the smallest dash of self-righteousness.. just the slightest. "Hey!" My raspy voice shouts down to the body in the surf, both ears now flipped back on creamy hair. The wind seems to die up here on my warm sand dune, leaving the air still and to warm for my liking. Part of me wants to wait for the stranger to turn, to face me and reveal a dead eye hanging from the socket and flesh falling from his face, but my lack of patience overrules and before I can even think about a second or third choice, I am sliding down the steep sand hill.

The earth evens out and I can feel that the air is cooler down here than even on top of the natural barrier. Wild eyes open wide again, watching the man with four wings while I move toward him carefully, feet touching the sand with quick steps as I prepare to turn and run from the horrible nightmare.

Walking "Talking" Thinking
Let me know if you don't want any tags, <3
@[Leliel]

Credits: code by Tamme | Image by Sarah | Stock Credits in the Link

Let me tell you something baby
You love me for everything you hate me for
[Image: 542f83afbdf08]
  • Please tag me in every post!

Messages In This Thread
a dead man's touch - by Leliel - 01-06-2015, 01:09 PM
RE: a dead man's touch - by Agrona - 01-07-2015, 04:14 AM
RE: a dead man's touch - by Leliel - 01-07-2015, 11:26 PM