the Rift

[PRIVATE] Blind man (Africa) (closed)

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
A wistful, yearning glance was passed by the white spray of stars above and she half expected to find the comforting shape of her beloved companion descending towards her with an angel’s grace. They winked and glittered though, distant and cold; devoid of any such warmth like that given by her Sun and eerie emptiness engulfed her. The Starry-Eyed winced to suppress another surge of bitter, hot tears; and quivering lips turned quietly to root amongst the feathers of the painted stallion’s white wing. As a child she had done the same, nestling her tiny face against the downy warmth of her mother – it had been her sanctuary, the safest place on earth.

Midas offered assuring words, but each stung her conscience with the weight of a thousand cactus needles. For a split second she hesitated and ashen face - glazed with bewilderment - turned grimly from its rest towards him. “But I don’t...” the weak flare of umbrage choked in her throat as the unwavering mellowness of his presence smoothed her overwrought nerves. She took a breath, deep and filled with resignation. “My heart can’t be fooled, I realise that now...” she whispered finally, convinced even that hers lacked any capacity to love (a pulsing organ, and that alone). It had been a cruel but valid lesson for both she and the leather-winged stallion.

Satanic Silk is not my soul mate.

In many ways Africa was blind to the trends of her seemingly untameable affections. She had tried so desperately to replicate the enviable, natural bond between her parents; plucked the neediest of hearts from a vast sea of opportunity it seemed. But no matter how easily they had fallen for her, and how dreadfully she sought to return the same devoted passions, the one-winged mare could not commit; instead she grew restless like the wind and wandered from their grasp, installing subconscious barriers, emotional, physical, that would lead to the inevitable destruction of any residual attachment – a pitiless cycle.

Midas’ lips pushed into her warm skin and a violent shiver spread with all of the intensity of wildfire from that touch, exhilarating, terrifying! It stunned her momentarily. Darkness swirled behind suddenly clenched lashes, a chaotic tide of scarlet desire sweeping through every inch of her core and sweat broke beneath the cover of flaming mane. “It has already found me...” she gasped quietly.

Image | Table by Silk

Messages In This Thread
Blind man (Africa) (closed) - by Midas - 01-06-2015, 11:51 PM
RE: Blind man (Africa) - by Africa - 01-07-2015, 06:52 AM
RE: Blind man (Africa) - by Midas - 01-10-2015, 10:23 AM
RE: Blind man (Africa) - by Africa - 01-11-2015, 09:13 PM
RE: Blind man (Africa) - by Midas - 01-13-2015, 09:55 AM
RE: Blind man (Africa) - by Africa - 01-20-2015, 06:54 PM
RE: Blind man (Africa) - by Midas - 01-23-2015, 01:22 PM
RE: Blind man (Africa) - by Africa - 01-23-2015, 04:27 PM
RE: Blind man (Africa) - by Midas - 01-24-2015, 12:20 AM
RE: Blind man (Africa) - by Africa - 01-25-2015, 07:13 AM