the Rift

[PRIVATE] under the light of a thousand stars [thor]

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

Cause honey your soul could never grow old, it's evergreen
And, baby, your smile's forever in my mind and memory

The night was quiet except for the chorus of crickets that chirped and the occasional hoot of an owl. Far off in the distance she could hear a lone wolf howl and be answered a few moments later by a few more. She did not fear the wolves and so, even with their howling, she found peace. With that peace she was able to find that normalcy that she had sought out. This was how it had been for the longest time, just her and Tallis against the world. They had taken care of one another. While she slept Tallis kept watch for threats and when he needed to sleep he nestled on her back and she stood watch. Now as he stood watch she could feel his annoyance at being away from the Edge, their herd, home.

"I'm sorry." Evangeline apologized again to the dragon. Whether or not he had picked up on Thor's arrival she didn't know, but she was startled when he spoke. Her heart went from its normal steady pace to fluttering like a thousand butterflies were trapped in her chest. Whether or not it was from fear or something else Evangeline did not know. She didn't want to think about it, analyze it, she only wanted peace. Was it so much to ask for?

"Why are you here?" She asked. "Did you follow me?" Her voice had become incredulous as she asked her second question. What would she do if he said that he had followed her? What would she do if he said he hadn't. That thought was followed up by one suggesting that maybe he'd come to the grove to meet someone else. Then what? "Are you here for someone else?" The question flew from her lips before she could stop it and it made her frown. So what if he had come for someone else. What did she care?

'Stupid.' Tallis grumbled as he left his perch on Evangeline's rump for one hidden away in the branches of the willow.

Thor the Gentleheart && Evangeline the Pure

Messages In This Thread
RE: under the light of a thousand stars [thor] - by Evangeline - 01-11-2015, 02:56 PM