the Rift

[PRIVATE] under the light of a thousand stars [thor]

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
The tone of his voice was one that she was beginning to loathe, but it was a well deserved tone. He knew when she wasn't telling him the total truth and he responded in the way that he found fitting, but it did little to make Evangeline want to calm down and speak with him. It only made her want to guard herself more, fend off his affections, deny herself another chance at love, another chance at getting her heart ripped into a thousand different pieces. What was a little loneliness if she saved herself a ton of heartache? She could feel Tallis' disaproval of her choice and it confused her more because he had always been so protective of her. He was protective, jealous, and had run off stallions before, but for a reason she didn't understand he had sided with Thor instead of her.

"You want the truth?" She finally snapped. "Fine! I treat you different. I don't want to get close to you. I'm scared. I'm scared to love. I'm scared to commit. I'm scared to be hurt again, but I don't think you care. Everything has been about you and what you want out of me. Truthfully I think you know that it terrifies me, but have you ever even asked me why? No, you haven't. You're too caught up in your end goal to think about anyone but you and what you want." She paused long enough to take a breath before beginning again. "You've given me no reason to trust you. Whenever you don't hear what you want to hear you turn cold and distant. Do you think that makes me want to open up to you? No. It makes me want to run and hide and defend myself because it hurts. Because you're hurting me." In the end she needed security. She needed to know that if she and Thor disagreed that he wouldn't treat her or speak to her as coldly as he was now. "I've been mistreated enough for several lifetimes. I don't need it from you, too."

How was that for truth?

It didn't get better, though. It only went from bad to worse and she began to feel like a caged animal, desperate for any kind of escape that she could get. The moment that she felt as though he was calling her a whore she snapped. The words flew from her mouth before she could think to stop it, ugly and offensive and completely out of character for her. Her emerald eyes were wide and her mouth was slightly ajar, her shock evident and tangible. What had she done?

'Apologize!' Tallis hissed loudly enough to jolt his bonded out of her shocked state.

"Thor..." He had already turned his back on her, was already leaving. It was just like everyone else that had come into her life, but this time it was her fault. He was leaving because of her. "I'm sorry! I... I didn't mean..." Panic laced her voice and she found herself trailing after him several steps before she forced herself to stop. "I'm sorry."

"."
Thor
&
Evangeline
maybe we found love right where we are
credits :: table

Messages In This Thread
RE: under the light of a thousand stars [thor] - by Evangeline - 02-20-2015, 01:16 AM