the Rift

[PRIVATE] under the light of a thousand stars [thor]

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
Had Evangeline known exactly what Thor was thinking, how he felt, that he considered everything that she had said to be nothing more than a tantrum rather than legitimate concerns on her part she would not have apologized for what she had said previously. She would have turned her back on him and walked away because if he could not take what she had to say seriously at that moment when would he ever take her seriously? When would her concerns ever mean anything? She had kept him at arm's length for some time becuase she was not ready to give herself to him completely and yet he demanded it time and again and every time she had to bolster herself, make herself stronger somehow to stand up against his onslaught. How many ways did she have to come up with to tell him that she wasn't ready or that she was scared? How many times would she be subjected to his cold demeanor when he didn't get what he wanted? And how many times would she be subjected his insinuations that she wasn't so pure. They had only just met when he'd asked if she was as pure as her title suggested.

In the end he could only make her out to be the difficult one for so long before he realized that he was just as difficult, just as stubborn as she was. He would realize that he was not the only one hurting, but until he realized what he was doing to her she couldn't be confident that giving her heart to him was the right thing to do. Her ears lifted as he spoke, telling her that they couldn't keep doing this. "Then why?" She asked quietly. "Why do you keep doing this to me? Why do you keep pushing me and pushing me?" If he kept pushing her eventually she would fall and when she hit the ground she would shatter into a million pieces. She was not a creature that could be handled with force but with a gentle hand and patience she would flourish.

"But honest to God Eva, I can't be without you."

She looked down at the ground, at her hooves, and remembered a time when those words would have made her heart soar; would have reduced her to a flood of happy tears to finally have someone that wanted her. She'd experienced it and had experienced the pain that came with being abandoned by the one that she had given her heart and body to. Maybe Thor would be different but her own sense of self-preservation kept her from jumping into something that could be so rewarding and so painful. "Why?" Came her next question. "Why me? Just... just help me understand."

"."
Thor
&
Evangeline
maybe we found love right where we are
credits :: table

Messages In This Thread
RE: under the light of a thousand stars [thor] - by Evangeline - 03-16-2015, 07:48 PM