the Rift

[PRIVATE] under the light of a thousand stars [thor]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
I felt as though I’d given everything to Evangeline- my heart, my devotion, and my time. I had spent too long pursuing her to let things fall apart now, even if she consistently found ways to evade me. The wire upon which I’d been hanging had finally snapped and the words Eva had been looking for only appeared to fall away with it. There were only so many times I could express myself- only so many fucking times I could have this conversation without simply exploding. Yet, again I found myself sighing, again I found myself relenting to her desires, and again I would savor the way she looked at me when I said I love you.

For a long time the quiet was all that separated us. It was like the seclusion had only intensified our fears and amplified our anger. But why? Why were we frustrated with one another? Why didn’t we just give in and spare ourselves the continued hurt. Love was not an easy thing and it often came at a price, but I was willing to insure us both; Eva would never hurt again.

You’re mistaken,” I finally began. “You have everything to offer. You are wildly intelligent and frustratingly kind. There are times when you irritate me and times when I can’t seem to get enough of you, but there is certainly no one else like you. I’ve spent so longer trying to recover from loss and tragedy and the day I met you was like seeing for the first time. Everything about you was different. I wanted to know you, I wanted to be near you, and most of all I wanted you to be mine,” I breathed. “You see, you are the fire to my every dark night. You have given me strength when I felt I could no longer stand. It was nothing that you did, but rather who you are that inspired me. I don’t care if you’re broken- let me fix you. I don’t care if you’re damaged- I am too. I don’t care what happens in my future as long as you’re at my side. I’m through with searching Eva; I’ve found who I’m looking for,” I sighed.

But… I wasn’t done yet. She wanted to hear it so she would hear everything.

Actually, If you must know, I fell in love with you the moment I met you. I don’t think I knew it back then, but I know it now. I haven’t come to destroy you or hurt you. I only want to be with you and care for you and love you. I don’t need perfection and I don’t need some pristine woman who has it all together. I want to share your troubles and fight for the things you believe in. I want to look back on my life and see you there. I’m not going to hurt you Eva, I’m going to protect you. I’m going to cherish you…

For a moment the world grew silent and all I could hear was our breathing and the intermingling of thoughts and fears and desires. The wire had certainly snapped and I had certainly jumped off the deep end, but if bearing my soul was what she’d needed, then she would have it- she would have me. “I love you. I care for you. I admire you. Please, I’m begging, don’t turn me away.
THOR
image credits

@[Evangeline]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
RE: under the light of a thousand stars [thor] - by Thor - 04-02-2015, 08:56 PM