the Rift

Fingernails that Shine like Justice [Destrier]

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

Our veins are busy but my heart's in atrophy

We had been enjoying a short respite from patrol when the call came. It was rather close, as we quenched our thirst at the brook that wound through the Edge so near the cliffs. Snapping my head up, the water beaded together and dribbled from my lips, hitting the stream below with a pitter-patter-splat. It had been unexpected, the call, and suddenly my spirit was burning with the excitement that came with the thrill of friendly battle. A glance was cast to Suli, the little green looking just as delighted as myself; and with no need for words to be spoken between us, we headed off in the direction of the sweetly familiar voice, following the brook and weaving through the ferns and redwoods.

The long, lonely journey I had made from the Edge to the frigid tundra that was the Basin was fresh on my mind as I moved briskly to meet the soldier's call. It had been, from what I could recall, a good two years ago that I'd recovered the golden girl and brought her safely back to the Edge. She hadn't remained long, however, much to my displeasure. She was a bright light in what was typically a dark world, at least from what I had seen, always there to offer a kind word when it was needed and never afraid to speak up when she saw fit; a quality I admired quite deeply.

Suli was the first to emerge from the trees, letting loose a low, warbling dragonsong as she flew above Haflinger and tigress, purple eyes taking them in with the sort of scrutiny a superior warrior would place upon their juniors. I was quick to follow, slowing to a brisk walk as I closed the distance between myself and the soldier. Bister eyes looked upon the pair with warm calculation, assessing the obvious differences between us. Where I was tall and hardly made for speed, she was short and stout, having ease of quick movement. Her compact frame held plenty of power, I was certain, but I was even more certain that I far surpassed her in that department.

"Romani," I speak, a soft smile pulling back at my lips as I finally came to a halt just a few yards before her, head dipping briefly in respect to the flaxen-maned mare, the weight of my ken rune comforting as it came to rest momentarily against my chest. I wished we could speak for some time so that I may learn of where she had been, what she had been up to since our last meeting, but regrettably, it would have to wait.

"It is good to see you again, my friend. I assume you've come under the Captains' orders?"

[Romani's first move! ;) ]

image credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fingernails that Shine like Justice [Destrier] - by Destrier - 01-18-2015, 01:35 AM