the Rift

[PRIVATE] Could We Maybe...? [Lakota]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

So lost in wallowing in the puddle that was his own self-ridicule and irrational collections of doubt, fear, and anxiety, Apollo was oblivious to the fact that one of the objects of his undeserving affection was also afflixed with insomnia, and had just joined him during his impromptu session of a childish fit. The Merciful stallion had little notice that they were no longer alone save a sudden feeling of trepidation from Zola before familiar vocals called out his name.

'Polly?' Soft, sweet, worried...

Honey-brown oculars focused on the here-and-now instead of the dark shadows of his own doubtful mind, and lifting his head while being mindful of little Zola, Apollo spotted her in the moonlight. For a long moment he could only stare, eyes wide, mouth slightly agape as he took in the etheral form of Lakota the Poisoner standing above him. The moonlight hitting her body gave her an etheral appearance, and for a long moment the overo was star-struck and unable to speak. It was only when Lakota had shuffled around him in a motherly sort of way, clearly concerned upon finding him laying like a dead-thing in the middle of the forest, that he was capable of finding his voice.

Clearing his throat, Apollo spoke, guilt pooling in his belly. "Sorry, Kota," he said sheepishly, watching as she lowered herself to her knees and settled more comfortably beside him, "I didn't mean to make you worry..." As Lakota grew more comfortable in the soft grasses, Apollo's eyes would flick to the Poisoner, taking in her appearance, her demeanor, and the familiar presence of being near her alone before looking back up at the moon. Oh, how the Gods enjoyed tormenting him. Shifting and mindful of Zola, Apollo moved so that he was sitting up, legs curling and tucking up close to his barrel. Zola huffed indignantly before curling up next to Apollo's belly, glad that it was only Lakota who had come, and not a stranger. There were many strangers, and tonight she didn't want to worry about them. Once more the black kitten began to purr, and Apollo offered his dear ball of earth a warm smile before regarding Lakota completely.

Her inquiry caused him to pause. "Um..." Apollo had never been a liar, and while he had no intention on starting now, fear and humiliation held his tongue. Oh, God. What could he say? "Not really, no... I... My mind is troubled, Kota, with thoughts and ideas I just can't understand." As Lakota began to push herself up, however, and mentioned the possibility of fetching Ktulu with an uncharacteristic bitterness, something came undone within his breast. His gaze turned terribly sad, lips turning downward, and when he spoke next there was a desperation coating his vocals. It was like panic, yet more defined. More pure. More desperate. "No, no... Lakota, no, please stay. Stay here, with me. Please?"

Even though he wanted to see Ktulu again, having both of the objects of his affection there, together, tormenting him, would be terribly cruel. Apollo wasn't sure he could handle it. While he knew how he felt for Ktulu, and in turn she knew how he felt... Lakota had no idea. The horned stag felt that if he let Lakota walk away into the night, right now, and send his dark mistress to him instead... Something terrible would come of it, and more than just his heart would break.

"Please, just... Stay, and lay with me for awhile? We... We rarely speak anymore, Lakota, and I miss you." Lifting his head, Apollo stretched his muzzle up and towards her, his gaze begging and imploring her to stay. He wanted to tell her his feelings, he wanted to touch her and reassure her... But the Gods held his tongue and froze him to his spot. Heaving a breath, Apollo went on in a mere whisper, eyes deep, bottomless pools of desperate, young love and adoration. "I've missed you a lot."

@[Lakota]

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Could We Maybe...? [Lakota] - by Apollo - 01-09-2015, 12:02 AM
RE: Could We Maybe...? [Lakota] - by Lakota - 01-10-2015, 07:16 PM
RE: Could We Maybe...? [Lakota] - by Apollo - 01-12-2015, 02:24 PM
RE: Could We Maybe...? [Lakota] - by Lakota - 01-16-2015, 10:35 PM
RE: Could We Maybe...? [Lakota] - by Apollo - 03-31-2015, 10:30 AM