the Rift

[OPEN] Gimme the damn painkillers

Arvakl Posts: 66
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 (Tallsun) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

A breather, thank the lord. I can catch my breath and think about what comes after this. Will Bucephalus really take them off my hands? Should I have Panzram kill them? "Aaaarrghh!" I shout as the contractions start up again. There's no way I can think clearly through this. The pain thrums through me but nothing is happening - is this kid gonna come out or not?! Am I doing something wrong? I've never done this before, how am I supposed to know? A footstep, a voice. The stallion Bucephalus. He comes near me and my ears flatten against my skull, I lift my head, threatening him briefly with my horns. I know he won't hurt me or my child... (Do I care about my child? What are these feelings?) .. but my hormones and instinct dictate I show some sort of force, if only for a fleeting moment. He tells me to breathe, and as I take a gulp of air I shout at him, "I am, dumbass!" (Maybe I did need the reminder...)

He paces back and forth and though I want to chastise him for being COMPLETELY useless, I don't have the energy to devote to such a task. Instead I glance over my shoulder to shoot him a glare, then return my head to the ground. My sides heave and my body is sweaty. This is much more effort than I thought it would be. Bucephalus returns to me and covers my side with a wing. I don't thank him - my energy will not replenish for pleasant or nasty words - but I calm a little and remain peaceful toward him. Another groan and I feel something change down below. My head flings up as I look down with crazed eyes toward my nether regions, but everything is in the way: my belly, my wings. "What's happening?! What do you see?!" Panic, thrill, the unknown is killing me and DAMN THAT HURTS. A cry of pain. I look for him to answer my question but he's.. fetching me water? 'Oh thank the lord.' Despite his rage toward me when I told him I was pregnant, he's being kind to me. It doesn't occur to me that this might be only for the sake of the child, and I feel myself warm toward him. Maybe.... maybe we could be friends after this? I dip my nose toward the concave stone and suck up what water is there.

Another breath of air... "Ahhhhh!" Another cry of pain... There's more movement down below. I can't see it, but the child is almost out. The contractions continue, and finally.... a small thump on the soft grass. The pain subsides for a moment, and I think I might survive to see another day. Only now do I realize what a massive headache I have, probably from lack of oxygen.

But then the pain starts again. What is this... punishment for doing such a goddamn good job!? I try to look up.. to see what I've given birth to. But the first contraction of round two hits. These will be slower than the ones just before.. but within a few minutes, they will build. "I need to see it!" If I'm gonna die from this shit I wanna see what came out of me first! And maybe.. maybe give it a lick.... My voice is frantic and pained.. desperate.

Tag: @[Bucephalus]
WC: 564
You can post either or both of them. Figured Arvakl needed to respond to Buce first. I'll post when you're ready.

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Arvakl excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Gimme the damn painkillers - by Arvakl - 01-09-2015, 01:45 AM
RE: Gimme the damn painkillers - by Bucephalus - 01-09-2015, 02:34 AM
RE: Gimme the damn painkillers - by Arvakl - 01-09-2015, 03:43 AM
RE: Gimme the damn painkillers - by Adelis - 01-09-2015, 05:35 AM
RE: Gimme the damn painkillers - by Bucephalus - 01-09-2015, 03:19 PM
RE: Gimme the damn painkillers - by Breccan - 01-09-2015, 03:56 PM
RE: Gimme the damn painkillers - by Arvakl - 01-09-2015, 05:07 PM
RE: Gimme the damn painkillers - by Adelis - 01-09-2015, 06:01 PM
RE: Gimme the damn painkillers - by Bucephalus - 01-09-2015, 08:40 PM
RE: Gimme the damn painkillers - by Tempe - 01-09-2015, 09:47 PM
RE: Gimme the damn painkillers - by Arvakl - 01-09-2015, 11:10 PM