the Rift

[OPEN] dragonborn

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
The colt's tones of wonder, (or more specifically, tones of woah) encouraged the girl to keep the smile upon her face. So filled with doubt, even a hint of fear, at being rejected, like she had so many times before. Rejected purely for her appearance; but no, this colt had already accepted that. But now, she had something deeper to fear - would he turn away from her now that the mystery of her creation was exposed?

Fears were unfounded as a multitude of questions flooded from the boy's mouth then, clearly still enraptured by the dragon-girl who stood before him. A warmth rose behind her eyes as the joy filled her, and she blinked back the shininess that threatened to overflow, the happiness that expressed itself through her tear ducts. Amusement also fuelled her, as he seemed to suggest she eat him, rather than fear it.

Light, warm laughter bubbled up from her chest, not mocking or insulting laughter either, but sheer, complete joy. His query about her mother would normally give her pause, and while she wasn't about to elaborate on exactly who her mother was, nor what she had done in her life to shape the Helovia they lived in today, she found herself easily falling into the sway of an appropriate response.

"My mother was a queen of course." As she emphasized the word queen, her wings lifted slightly from her sides, her scales shimmering in the curious lights glowing from the spirits of her friends. What she had said was completely true; her mother had been a queen, a golden one when she held her draconic form, as well as a true one, a leader of the Qian, the family to which she was born into.

The subject of her birth however was one she glossed over. Though she knew her mother loved her deeply and truly, there was a lining of guilt associated with the golden-child's birth. Amaris' own tail had been the cause of would-be fatal internal bleeding, had her saviour in gold and white patches not arrived, wielding his powers of healing and saving her from the unknown abyss of death.

So instead, the girl reached out with her maw, drawing her lips back into a toothy grin that showed off her sharpened canines. But she did not strip flesh from his bones, she merely blew a warm breath over his dark pelt, and gently rubbed her velveteen whiskers against his shoulder. "Hmm," her honeyed tones murmured as she thought about just how she could tease and taunt him some more.

"No," she retracted her tiara as she spoke, shaking her crown slightly as a serious expression settled upon her hardened features (though her eyes still glistened with a hint of amusement). "You're much too small. Not nearly enough meat to satisfy my hunger."

@[Volterra]
Daniel Schiersner @ flickr & larfsalot @ deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
dragonborn - by Volterra - 01-09-2015, 06:11 PM
RE: dragonborn - by Amaris - 01-10-2015, 02:03 AM
RE: dragonborn - by Volterra - 01-10-2015, 07:30 PM
RE: dragonborn - by Amaris - 01-11-2015, 04:52 AM
RE: dragonborn - by Volterra - 01-12-2015, 07:48 PM
RE: dragonborn - by Amaris - 01-14-2015, 04:45 AM
RE: dragonborn - by Volterra - 01-14-2015, 06:52 PM
RE: dragonborn - by Amaris - 01-16-2015, 04:35 AM
RE: dragonborn - by Amaris - 01-17-2015, 01:06 AM
RE: dragonborn - by Volterra - 01-17-2015, 08:23 PM
RE: dragonborn - by Amaris - 01-19-2015, 01:38 AM