the Rift

[OPEN] A Spring Morning Stroll [Cetan]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

The trees were blooming, and Apollo couldn't help but be taken aback by their beauty. They were, for a lack of a better term... Wondrous. Beautiful. Breathtaking. Honey-brown oculars roamed the blossoming canopy overhead, a smile twisting handsomely upon the stallion's muzzle. Every step he took through his home brought him more and more joy... For it was Birdsong, and finally the trees were beginning to wake from their slumber. Idly the Merciful stag pondered just what the trees were waking up to in the Forest. Perhaps, soon, he would pay them a visit... But first.

To greet those that had awoken in the Edge.

"Good morn to you all," Apollo murmured reverently to a collection of blooming trees, his smile growing as experienced eyes spotted tiny buds of unflowered blossoms. "I hope your winter respite was rejuvenating. May Father Earth bless you all for a wondrous season." Some may call him foolish. Some may call him strange... But Apollo felt an unexplained kinship with the trees, as he did with nearly all forms of life. From the largest creation of the Gods to the smallest, Apollo would never judge, and loved life and all that filled it.

Unless they gave him specific reason not to, of course.

With a small breath leaving his lips in the morning mist, Apollo turned on his haunches and continued his journey. He was milling about the shattered Glass Wall, enjoying his morning stroll and allowing each and every worry to slide off of his shoulders. For now, well... He was content to enjoy life for what it was.

Upon his withers, Zola had taken up her customary spot, claws tiny pin-pricks of pressure upon his hide. The feline was growing, and Apollo assumed that she would always be small... But she was growing, and that alone was satisfactory for him. Through their growing bond, the stallion had come to a startling revelation that Zola was beginning to use his eyes to see, due to lacking her own. It made their bond that much more intimate, knowing that Zola could see through his eyes... It was absolutely incredible.

"Beautiful, isn't it, my ball of earth?" He questioned the said kitten, who purred softly in response. Beautiful indeed.

@[Cetan]

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Cetan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I couldn't make myself return, but nor could i stay away. I lingered at the borders of the Edge, near the wall that separated herd from wilderness, the misty woods from the clear forest. I wanted to go, to hide my shame at my failure, but yet i couldn't bring myself to step hoof over the crumbled gap in the wall and slip out of the lives of the few i had met.

Black ears pin back against pale mane as cloven hooves wear a furrow into the ground, my pacing a rare sign of inner agitation. I should return, apologize to Thor and beg forgiveness. My failure resulted in him taking punishment that should, by all rights, have been mine. The golden pegasus's words floated through a mind that couldn't comprehend them.

For probably the thousandth time i turned back towards the Edge, walking a few steps towards where the herd lay before i paused, then turned back and headed towards the gap. The cycle repeated as the war inside me raged on. I yearned to both flee this place and to stay, to prove i could live up to the expectations. The latter was something new, something i was unused to. Something that showed a spirit i believed crushed beyond recognition.

My gaze catches my reflection in the glass, and my pacing halts. I can almost see it, a stallion standing beside me, one that could pass for my twin. Where i hunch, head bowed and body curled up into itself in effort to appear smaller, the unfamiliar reflection stands proud, muscle rippling under snow-kissed ebony, head held with a pride and confidence supported by the humor and fire in eyes the color of ice.

With a blink the apparition vanishes, and i turn away from the wall. It is a tease, a taunt, created by my own mind, mocking me for being what i was. Emotion, scalding hot and boiling fills me, burns my chest and lungs and eyes. There's a ragged scream as my hind hooves leave the air, slamming into the glass wall behind me with what force i can muster. I let out another hoarse cry as pain lances up my feet and ankles, and i drop back down to all fours, curling up inside myself.

A voice floats to me on the breeze, and my head jerks up, eyes widening. Someone was coming. I was rooted to the spot, torn between fleeing and staying, albeit for different reasons now. Had word of my failure spread? Word that i was too cowardly to take on my opponent thus Thor had to step in for me?

"Speech"

Cetan
Word Count: 441 Tags: @[Apollo]
Credits
| SnowPhotography@deviantart | faestock@deviantart | tursiart@deviantart | Linds |

Please tag Cetan in all posts
Permission is given for any force against Cetan provided it does not kill him