the Rift

[EDGE] A Hopeful Transmission

Maat Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
She had run into the day knowing she would follow the ghosts anywhere, eyes never drifting to the land as it melded into new terrain for she could not let go of what she sought to retrieve, could not let them get away again yet she found herself back to the beginning without an idea of where they went, and when she then had nothing to chase the world once blurred began to shift into her focus and everything ebbed to a calm.

Easing its way through her system the air settled once again to press itself tightly against her lungs as her body tried to return to its normal rhythm. It was clean there, wherever she found herself, a lightness to enchant the atmosphere in ways she can't remember having seen. Perhaps crisp would be too kind a word to describe it, but little time was able to be given to search for proper words--movement nearby caught her fluttering attention. Muscles tensed in their bounds in preparation for another flight until only another mare was spotted as the cause. Dropping her stance before her, Maat would wait to continue her chase long enough to find the reason for the other's approach. Little could there be expected from one who just passed under the opening of the woods; nothing to offer would send the paint away.

Nearing, closer the other went, and in much the same condition Maat was in. She wondered if she too sought out something taken from her, a victim just as the wayward who could not love. Yet when she spoke it was not of travelling toward, but away from whatever consumed her thoughts. The mention of running from problems set Maat on edge once more, knowing she would keep losing distance the longer she stayed. The wetness of her eyes and arrival of a dragon was hardly acknowledged as her mind began to ruffle its feathers with the thought of the faceless creatures, and she would have been put to motion if not for the girl who seemed so distraught. "My problems are what I am after, not leaving behind me." Empty words rattled through the cages of her lips, broken things for a cracked soul. "Have you by chance seen the ghosts I seek? They took something of mine but I'm not sure where they went and I don't know where I ended up."

Anxious glances shot to the treetops and bundling nerves gathered, she needed to go, she needed to find them, she was astray and she lost them and she didn't know if they would vanish this time to a place she could not find, she was wasting time, she had to move. What was so tightly knit moments ago was coming undone and it was a physical change anyone could detect; Maat was unsteady with the thought of the thieves and the pull to leave but she didn't know where they could have gone in the vastness of a place she had no knowledge of.

count: 421
tagged:
ooc: thank you for replying! i know maat is a bit difficult sometimes haha

Messages In This Thread
A Hopeful Transmission - by Maat - 01-09-2015, 05:34 PM
RE: A Hopeful Transmission - by Kahlua - 01-09-2015, 07:17 PM
RE: A Hopeful Transmission - by Maat - 01-09-2015, 09:51 PM
RE: A Hopeful Transmission - by Kahlua - 01-09-2015, 10:48 PM
RE: A Hopeful Transmission - by Maat - 01-10-2015, 10:17 PM
RE: A Hopeful Transmission - by Kahlua - 01-10-2015, 11:29 PM
RE: A Hopeful Transmission - by Maat - 01-11-2015, 01:24 PM