:: :: ::

The Duke

And it feels like I am just too close to love you
There's nothing I can really say
I can't lie no more, I can't hide no more
Got to be true to myself
And it feels like I am just too close to love you
So I'll be on my way

After the meeting with the three equines upon my entrance into Helovia, I set about, pondering which group I would join and what herd I would eventually be apart of. My mind, however, wasn't cooperating with me in the least and it was quite frustrating. Having become exhausted from fighting with my counter part, I was at risk of losing what control I had over the other beast and that was not acceptable. If Malakin were to get loose there was no telling what he would do in this new land where his reputation was nonexistent. I knew for a fact, that knowledge didn't settle well with him. I trudged through the deep snow that, while spring, still blanketed this corner of Helovia. I enjoyed the snow and knew I would miss it when it was officially melted away hence my reasons for making my way up here along with exploring this new land and getting a handle on where everything was. Helovia was definitely a land of adventure and mystery and one I was willing to explore every chance I got. While I pushed my way through the snow, not minding the cold bite of the flurries that attached themselves to my silvery pelt, my mind wandered back to the meeting in the threshold.

While each one of the equines were kind and open in offering that I stay with any of them, one stuck out in particular. I wasn't one to attach myself to anyone right away. Hell, I stayed away from society to avoid this and part of me knew that I needed to keep from making relationships despite wanting so badly to do so for fear of Malakin destroying my life all over again. I could still feel the blood stained to my pelt despite my many attempts at getting it out. I could still hear the screams that Malakin replayed in our mind over and over again and feel the lives slip from his victims while he watched in ecstasy. The thought of it all made my coat tremble, but from what? Did I want it to happen again? Was I disgusted? I should be but with mine and Malakin's mind merging inch by inch, it was hard to decipher who thought what and what memories belonged to who. To anyone else, I was insane. For me, I was slowly losing what sanity I had left to the one being I hated the most and Ironically.... That being was myself.

In an attempt to change the direction of my thoughts and avoid the risk of losing what control I had, I thought of something else. Rei. The petite Pegasus was something else. Her rush of words and fumbling over them had made me laugh and I found it quite endearing. Even now, I chuckled softly into the frozen air, the huff of breath leaving my nostrils in a cloud of steam. I shook out my mane, causing bits of snow to spray out from around me. As I neared a peak I came to a halt and looked out over the capped mountains in front of me. Maybe I was going insane, slowly. Maybe eventually Malakin would win out and I would cease to exist completely. But maybe, just maybe, there would be someone here that would miss me. That, for me, was enough.

talk talk talk
@[Rei]

image credits