the Rift

[OPEN] Socrates called, he wants his philosophy back :: NS Royal Companion Drop

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
Auriel

Everything goes to hell in a hand basket the moment I hear the furry creature pair me up with Shida. I cringe, looking towards her as if almost expecting to see a horn come flying at my body. We weren't exactly "two peas in a pod" so to speak. I listen for the task that is so vainly given, choose one life above another. Really though, his situation wasn't exactly all that great to choose from. It was funny listening to others speak first. One a mom, who, without a doubt did give her child the passage. That was expected, of course, the other was a child to a mare. I stifled a laugh and a grin, frankly, if she had been in that situation, she'd have picked herself. She was a younger child, and had much more life to live than an adult.

Which is why that when I got paired with Shida I was relieved as hell to not have to decide. Us being born, we were the same age, although technically I was a few minutes older, but whose counting? I smirked as I listen to her speak, but obviously very, very surprised. Why the hell would she save me?

BOOM!

Well, that answered my question. It wasn't that she wanted to save me at this moment, but hey, at least I got a free passage. Although I was so tempted to step in and say I could just make him go crazy and potentially end up teleporting myself somewhere in his haze. She, however, was much more flashy, so I just sat there with a smirk. On she continues to ramble about she'll be tired of my anyway. I swear, there will be a day when something happens to me and she's gonna feel like shit. See if those booms can save you then sweetheart. Heartbreak isn't something you can explode and just make go away. Whoa, big girl thoughts!

So when she whispered under her breath I just rolled my eyes and ever so slightly took a step near her. If she was going to save me, I was going to milk the moment for all it was worth. "Oh Shida.." I say, a smile forming over my face as I slowly lifted my wing to try and cover her with my sisterly love. "You would do that for me?" I bat my eyes ever so lovingly, and tilt my head as if I was in deep conversation with her. "I accept, but you dear sister, I would miss with all my heart." I pouted, looking pathetically sad and my ears drooped forward as I turned to the fluffy thing. It may have been quite the dramatic show, but I was actually deep down inside really thankful for Shida. Even if she didn't mean it, it still meant a little something to me.

Wishlist
Hellhound || Acid
Oh Auri. I swear your asking to be blown up.
she belongs to the fire
Image Credit

Erebos Posts: 474
Aurora Basin General atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 75.5 | Buff: DANCE
Orsino :: Plain Kitsune :: Dark Illusions & Enyo :: Common Griffon :: Draining Clutch Heather

The crowd thickened, the questions continued, and the infidel prince watched, waited, and listened, absorbing his surroundings with a keen eye and wide gaze. Once everyone had given their piece, he fixated back upon the red panda, now passing out more tasks – which, after considering the Gobblers’ antics, this required far more perception and tactics – because as they were handed their details, Erebos was tied and tethered to an odd situation. They were asked about sacrifice, about immolations, about smothering and delivering themselves to a haunting, painful death, swarmed and riddled with the dunes and sand, for a creature he didn’t know. His inquisitive gaze gestured to the fellow colt, another beast perhaps around the same age, horned and winged (an impressive measure, to be sure), and he truly couldn’t surmise how to act or what to think. What made the colt Illios more deserving of life? Was he of great power and mystique? Was he a brilliant chessmaster, gallivanting across the globe, orchestrating movements, commanding regimes? Or was he merely the same as him – small, tender, waiting for a moment to shine, for power to trickle down through his toes, for the world to open up and give him a chance, an opportunity, to become something? And in that regard, who would Erebos be to deny him those golden, gilded junctures? The colt furrowed his brow, staring at the ground, trying with great difficulty to summon his sentiments and the right thing to do – his mother would sacrifice herself, there was no question or query to it. His father would certainly weigh out the matter, calculate, ruminate, and expand on consequences and capabilities. Would the prince be more equipped to fight on the dusty fields, wander perilously through the sands, or would Illios? The lad’s mind was wrapped and ensconced on the matter, and he knew, somewhere, in his heart of hearts, had this child been any of his companions, he wouldn’t have even paused for breath. So, on a wilting sigh, on a quiet breath his dam could’ve been proud of and his sire could’ve smirked at, he proceeded with his considerate, generous actions. “I’d let the other colt take the safe passage.” The scion’s steely tones matched his gallant stare, and he managed the slimmest of smiles as he glanced over to the red panda. “I would take the chance of survival. I think I’d have enough determination and perseverance to find some way to remain.” After all, he wasn’t a Basin-born for naught; endurance carved and sculpted its way through their bones. With another wry smile, he gestured towards his partner, mighty and stalwart. “Besides, he has wings! Maybe he could fly back and rescue me.”

Wishlist - Seeking Royal Kitsune

Prior Refusal

Image Credits

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Many more came to see what this beautiful panda might be doing a top the Rotunda and to give their answers to the question he had proposed. Confident in her own answer she listened to the others responses with interest. It was quite amazing how something simple could be viewed so many different ways. While some answers were similar to her own there were others that were the opposite giving her a look at the type of character each person carried and their viewpoints. One colt of interest caught her attention with his foul mouth and blatant disregard for manners. What was its mother teaching that poor boy or maybe better yet what he was not being taught she wondered silently. If her sons ever talked like that to someone she would be sure to teach them a lesson so they would not utter those ever profanities again. It was difficult to resist the urge to reprimand him for it but it was not her place to discipline the young one so she withheld.

When the creature finally spoke once more it was a rather odd request as he pointed to their chosen partners. Pair up? Why? Furrowing her brow slightly as she tried to figure out what the panda was looking for in them she did as was instructed. Her partner was much younger than herself but seemed nice enough to associate with. How exactly were they supposed to answer a question of which one of them should live and which would die? Obviously none of them wanted to perish from a slow agonizing death it just didn't seem fair to subject someone to death as they were deemed less worthy than their partner. The concept was unsettling to her but regardless the panda seemed to be awaiting an answer.

Gazing over to the young unicorn thoughtfully for a moment her heart knew that it could only live with one possibility. This young filly likely had a family that loved her dearly just as she loved her twins she would be selfish to take that away from them. If it was her and her two loving colts the decision would be easy. She would give her own life in a heartbeat if it meant that they could live and be safe it only made sense that she would sacrifice herself for another. Her boys would find a way to move on without her and go on to build their lives with the knowledge that she loved them more than life itself. She had no one who loved her so she had less to lose. "Given the choice between life and death I would choose to save my partner. I would not be able to live with myself knowing that a decision I made caused another life to be extinguished." She commented with a nod of confirmation.

Turning to her assigned partner she offered a warm smile before continuing. " You have your whole life ahead of you still. You deserve to be the one to live to make something for yourself. I have lived and would give my life if it meant another could be saved." Her choice would not be swayed either way her decision was made and she was sticking by it. It was her heart that told her this and as long as it was alright she was positive it was the correct choice.

Brisa would like a Royal Kitsune || Shock
Wishlist

Prior Refusals:
One
Two
Three

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Listening to the others blather on about their viewpoints was starting to get rather boring to the dark hybrid as she tried to wait patiently for the panda to speak once more. Everytime she thought he was about to speak he would just take a shit instead! Fidgeting impatiently her patience was starting to run thin especially with all the babies around them. It was one thing to deal with adults but children that was a completely different story. She was no stupid babysitter and she was not going to tolerate them even for a second so they had better stay clear from her if they knew what was good for them. Only one of the brats stood out from the rest of them for his bluntness was hilarious and all so amusing. Others in the gathering seemed to judge the colt for it but a select few seemed to share her amusement. For such a young age he already had the attitude of a survivor and someone who was not going to take crap from anyone hell he reminded her of when she was younger. Granted she tended to hold her tongue more than she used to now a days but it hadn't changed the way she thought about things.

Flicking her eyes back to the bear as he finally decided to speak up again she was not all so amused with what he had to say. Partners? When was this agreed upon? Following the direction of his fuzzy paws she turned her head to see who the panda had decided to make her partner. Her unamusement only deepened when she discovered her partner was one of the youngest brats in the bunch, great just great. Well at least answering the question would be easy enough for her she thought with a smirk. The tiny foal had no wings, no horn and no chance of survival out in the desert it would become a scavengers meal in no time. Moving over closer to the filly she observed her closely before coming to a decision. If she was a complete bitch her decision would be to save herself and let the brat sucumb to its fate but no she had a better idea.

"The genie could save her." She commented with a nod in Vitani's direction. " The heat and the sand would be too much for someone so young I would have a better chance of making it out alive if I was the one to stay behind. I have faced tougher situations than that and managed to get out alive this time would be no different. Hell if I was to perish out there eventually at least I would have died trying to get home instead of taking the easy way out."

Rhea would like:
Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire

No previous refusals
Wishlist

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: ••
Picture Credits
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.

Astraea Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A few others trickled in after me and voiced their own thoughts of the question at hand. Truly there really was no wrong answer since everyone would have a different point of view... a different path of experiences that lead to different ways of thinking. Me? I liked to sit back and ponder what all the possible outcomes might be.

Then the fox thing paired us up and I looked at the older mare with the swirly horns of whom I was to be partnered with. I wondered what all she had seen in her lifetime, what experiences she may have gone through to provide her with wisdom? I wondered deeply as I walked over towards her and introduced myself, “I'm Astraea. Nice to meet you.”

Now that the pleasantries were done and over with, I once again turned my focus back to the fox creature and the egg that he was holding. What was inside that egg? Was it a living creature for someone to bond with or was this all just some sort of tricky game? Then the creature proposed our sticky situation to choose an answer to. My black eyes squinted a little as I thought long and hard about all the potential possibilities and soon I was beginning to drift into a state of unawareness.

The sound of a raised voice captured my attention. I looked towards a filly younger than I but was soon startled by an explosion in the bushes. My mouth gaped open at her ability. How could someone so young be so destructive? And if she was already relishing her power now, what did that mean for the future? Oh gods, she was a ticking time bomb. My ears pricked as she chose to save her sister based on the assumption that she could get out if she could make the ground explode enough times to reach water.

“Pft. You'll need more than just water to survive,” I begin towards her while gathering every bit of courage I had to correct her, “It's a desert, even if you do find water deep in the ground, your body would grow weak from a lack of nutrition and the heat combined.”

I look towards her and wondered if she would understand but just in case I decided to put it into layman’s terms for her, “You would need food, water, and protection from the elements to even stand a chance. To base your chance of survival based upon one of those is absolutely absurd.”

After my small rant, I went back to thinking about the situation. Lost in a desert with this mare and a genie pops up and says that they can save one of us. Surely I wouldn't give myself up for the saving. I just wouldn't be able to live with myself being the reason someone else died. Especially when I could have saved them. Even if this mare was a stranger to me I couldn't take her chance of life away from her. But the genie...wait a minute a genie! That's it!

“You pose a trick question. If a genie is the one that greets us in the desert don't we get three wishes?! I wouldn't let my partner here to die in the desert. I, much like the mare before last, could not live with myself knowing I had a hand in ending someone else's life. Instead, I would spend one of the three wishes to bring us both to a safe place that we could easily get to our homes from,” I looked over to the seal brown mare beside me and gave a soft smile. Hopefully she would see the ingenuity of this plan as I had. I was actually pretty proud of myself for coming up with this answer and finding the fox's sly trick within the question.

But what if the fox's question had no trick to it? What if the genie didn't grant wishes? What if that wasn't the answer he wasn't looking for? My black eyes took a quick glance from the egg and then back to the mare beside me before adding in my second option, “But of course, if the genie won't grant wishes then I would stay behind. I've traveled a bunch already and I wouldn't be alone,” I looked up to the sky. The stars...even though they weren't visible right now I knew they were there, “The stars have always been my friends so even with my partner safe, I would die with a smile upon my face as I look up at my friends who have kept me company all my life.”

Now I had no idea how the mare next to me thought, but hopefully our answers would coincide with one another's. If we were truly in that situation, it would only be then that my heart would be a peace.

"Astra's speech"|"Astra's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 814
TAGGED;; boop
OOC;; Astraea is looking for a Royal Silver Inari Kitsune with black eyes with Fire.
WISHLIST
No Prior Refusals.

ASTRA'S REF;; Click!
ASTRA'S VOICE;; Adelaide Kane as Mary Queen of Scotts from Reign

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob
<style type="text/css">::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 5px; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-track { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent;}</style>
White December

She almost sighed relief when the Panda seemed to accept her answer for what it was, causing her muscles to finally relax. She had ignored Shida, the little brat shouldn't even be here without her parents, but of course, neither of them were around to keep an eye on her. She could see the Falls burning to a crisp in her mind already. Her inner movie was shattered at the creature's next words, causing her to look up and intensely focus on him, before turning to see where he was pointing to. A little colt was ambling his way towards her, his face streaked with purple and body coated in pitch black. He seemed to have a unique set of parents to receive such colorings, but she only looked down at him, wondering just what he was like as a foal. She had seen many different individuals during her stay here, and the children always seemed to be a toss up. She didn't know what to expect, but when he introduced himself and said it was nice to meet her, she couldn't help but let the tiniest, awkward smile cross her maw. Very few managed to get her to crack, but his genuine demeanor was enough to soften her heart, if only for this moment.

Now that they had been paired, she was flicking an ivory ear to the male once again, listening calmly to his question. A snort escaped her at the thought, did he really think she would find this difficult to answer? Obviously the child would go on instead of her, she was an adult that had lived enough of her life, and this one, this little boy, seemed to be but a newborn. Most likely snuck off like the rest of them. Rolling her eyes mentally, she was about to answer when Aakesh beat her to it, and his answer definitely shocked her. Looking down at him with her wide, steel grey eyes, she was intensely focused as he finally answered, and without hesitation she stomped a hoof in defiance.

"Absolutely not," she barked, face stern as she turned from the little to the Panda, seriously eyeing him as if he himself was the genie, and her reply would decide the fate of them both,"He is but a babe. Barely standing on his own fours by the looks of it. It'd be cruel of me to leave a child to die when they barely had the chance to begin. I have lived enough, and my life would be meaningless if I decided to save it over someone elses'" After taking a breath and letting her words sink in, her massive skull was turning back to the colt once again, eyes and tone softening as she whispered to him tenderly,"I mean no offense, Aakesh, and though your selfless nature is admirable, cherish the life you have while you have it, and cling to it with all of your might." She offered him a gentle blow of her nostrils, lowering her head to his level, looking into those identical steel grey eyes with her own, and speaking as an afterthought,"My name is White December, by the way."

"Speech"
Text
Thought

{WC: 532
Tag: Random Event
OOC: December would like a Royal Cerndyr. Wishlist
No Prior NS refusals.}

image credits

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming

Vitani Posts: 92
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: Three Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Sarabi :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Emily
V
I
T
A
N
I

A few more speak up after I do, and the thing holding the egg seems to really listen to us. However, we are not told if any of us are wrong or right. That of course frustrates me to no end, as i'm dying to know the right answer. Maybe there is no right answer. I sigh. Maybe i'll ask our storyteller back home. “Pair up as I point to you,” Oh? What does he have planned for me now? As each of us are paired up, I am paired with a mare who has.. What did Breccan call them? Oh yeah fuzzy things. She had fuzzy things on her head and sides, just like he did. How cool!

Then the thing speaks again. This time a lot longer than any of the times before. “The two of you are travelling together and get lost in a desert with no food or water. When neither of you think you can go on any longer, you come upon a genie. She offers to give one of you safe passage through the desert; the other must remain behind and will surely die a slow, agonizing death.” I don't know what death is, but it doesn't sound like fun. The thingy goes on. “He allows the partner to my left to make the selection. The partner to the right has one chance to confirm the selection, or to change the genie’s mind. What do you say?” I look up at the mare who i've been paired with. Surely she has a family and is needed. Maybe even a kid like me.... Well, like Breccan. Should I let her go on? Should I go on instead? She speaks before I can, and her answer surprises me. "The genie could save her." She nods at me. " The heat and the sand would be too much for someone so young I would have a better chance of making it out alive if I was the one to stay behind. I have faced tougher situations than that and managed to get out alive this time would be no different. Hell if I was to perish out there eventually at least I would have died trying to get home instead of taking the easy way out." I stand there, shocked. She would, die? For me?

I can not wonder why she would do such a thing. I mean, I don't know her. I'm not her's to worry about. I look to her with curiousity in my eyes. I then look back to the thingy with the egg. Granted, I don't want to seem selfish to all around me, but. I accept her choice, because as soon as I was out i'd find help to save her too. Even if that means I have to go back in and bring water and food to her myself. There, I don't sound to selfish now... Do I? After all, my life has only begun.... Her's... Well not so much. No use in me dying just to have her fall over dead too.... Whatever this dying thing means.

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Seeks a Royal Hellhound with the Acid Ability
Wishlist - No Prior Refusals

Image Credit

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
Ilios
The gold, teal, and silver colt listened silently as the others spoke their answers. Then the panda draws their attention back to itself. Silver eyes watch everyone curiously as he points making pairs, then he eyes the boy he is coupled with. Subconsciously Ilios draws himself up gazing towards the slightly taller dark blue colt. To him they looked fairly the same, besides the other's tail, hooves, and lack of wings. Not to mention the weird skull like marking on his left shoulder. Frowning, brow creased, her watched the other wondering which should be allowed to live in this scenario. He had just com to a conclusion when the lion tailed spoke in an odd voice.

Eyebrows snapped together anger flooding his veins. Did blue eyes see a child that could not care for himself? Fighting to hold back the beast inside he waited. The smirk only spurred him on. A snort of distaste spewed from his muzzle as he stepped forward fluffing his wings filling his young breast with air, piqued. His low draw was almost a snarl, "No. I refuse to take the easy way. I have wings to help me devour the sand and fly above the heat. The land locked boy should take the easy way." A smirk of his own flashed darkly towards the blue eyed boy. How easily words could make enemies, and how easy a tongue lashing was so easy to return. Exultant silver eyes and smug smile back to the red and white panda. Let the boy think what he wanted, why should he care?

Wonderings TalkingWords:263 Royal hellhound| Acid Previous refusal| Here Wishlist| Here|OOC: His voice
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~ Robert Frost
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Ráeru Posts: 41
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 4 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Frostie

I'll carry you on my shoulders, never set you down.
Ferry you through the coldness, never let you down.
The next question brings Ráeru up short. How does one even approach such a problem? Life is sweet, fun, joyous and terrifying, sad and awful all at once; yet everyone deserved their fair share of life. Hadn't Ráeru almost been killed by the deamon? That deamon that killed her mother simply because he could? With those vile green teeth and twisted words, he drove those devil horns through her mother's delicate breast. Yet then she had another come along and save her. Hotaru picked up her shattered shell and nursed her back to health. What had made Ráeru so special that two other souls had been sent to save her?!

Her brow forrrows as she continues to ponder.

They all step forward and speak, each time the filly just listened until her partner speaks out. With a tilt to her head the young girl is careful to ponder her response before she gives it. "I do not think I'd be able to accept," with a sad smile she continues to speak to Brisa. Her tiny hymn is full of life and passion as she begins to speak about the pain of her past. "My mother gave her life up for me. She died and I am still here, the guilt I feel is terrible. It was no fault of mine, yet I still carry blame."

Glancing towards Hotaru, the young girl offers a grateful smile. It was because of this mare right here that she too was able to continue on living, perhaps have foals of her own one day. "I was saved again by another, so I believe I have had my fair share of saviours." Turning back to Brisa one last time she speaks. This time she extents her neck in an attempt to touch the mare who had been so kind as to offer up her own life in exchange for Ráeru's. "No life is worth more than the other. You may have lived longer but you still have much ahead of you." Now she speaks to the Panda, her voice is strong and sure of her choice. "I'd sacrifice myself. I would insist my partner be saved."

Wishlist Prior refusals : None.
Hellhound
Magic | Superspeed : able to alter the timestream dimension to leap forward into time, appearing to be travelling very quickly. + Hellfire : can summon flames that fall like rain in the immediate vicinity, causing multiple, small tissue burns.
Ráeru has a Genetic mutation : Future companion can have two magical abilities.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
E
V
E
N
T
“Boring!” The panda cries with exasperation as all of the goody two shoes below him profess their inability to grab life by the horns and claim life. Even Vitani, who was the only one who actually decided to take life instead of death, did so with a heart of gold. “Boring, boring, boring.” He repeated with a sigh, shuffling the egg between his paws. As far as he was concerned, it would be better off without all of them. “You’re all dead,” he stated them, shaking his head and clucking his tongue. “All of you. I said the one who stayed behind would die. No escape, no exploding for water, no courage that makes you survive.” Turning his disappointed face to Vitani, he added an addendum. “Even you. You claimed life, and then you went back. You’re dead too.”

Rolling his eyes, he wondered if he should give them a second chance to claim life. But no, it would just be another round of boring answers that all sounded the same. “So tell me,” he continued then, voice considerably more bored than it had been before. They were not nearly as interesting as they had been originally, he decided. “Can one of our gods create a boulder that is so heavy, the gods themselves cannot lift it?” But even though he asked a question, his eyes trailed towards the sky. He expected another slew of answers that all sounded the same. What could possibly be interesting anymore?

Final round- give your answers. You have 48 hours to respond.

Agrona is eliminated for not responding in time.
Image Credit

Vitani Posts: 92
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: Three Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Sarabi :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Emily
V
I
T
A
N
I

Once we all give our answers, well all but the one. The creature thingy starts shouting at us. “Boring!” I stare at him indignantly. “Boring, boring, boring.” I snort. Boring? What's this boring thing mean? It can't be good from the way it's talking. “You’re all dead,” But, I don't want to be this 'dead'. I snort again in annoyance. “All of you. I said the one who stayed behind would die. No escape, no exploding for water, no courage that makes you survive.” Then he rounds on me. Come on. Why ya gotta pick on me?! “Even you. You claimed life, and then you went back. You’re dead too.” I snort at him. So what. I'm not really this word he says I am.

He then speaks again, this time asking us another question. “So tell me,” His voice sounded like I feel. I think. Does this mean he's annoyed too? Or maybe he's this boring word. Or the dead one. I don't know. He continues on. “Can one of our gods create a boulder that is so heavy, the gods themselves cannot lift it?” I think of the Falls, and all the huge rocks and things I have been learning to climb and run around through. Surely, if the God of the Earth could make it... Well surely he could lift it. Of course not. They are the Gods! The God of the Earth makes the boulders we all run around on or around. Of course nothing would be to large for a God to lift. Okay, maybe I let my annoyance and attitude show in my voice. But I mean come on. They are Gods for a reason. They make it all. Why would they make something they can't lift.

Since I am the first to answer, I look around at the others. I wait for their answers and hope they don't copy me. I swear if they do.... Well, I can't do much now... But maybe i'll get that girl from home to explode them all. That would teach them... Then again, she might copy me too.... If that's the case that wouldn't work.... Hmm. I then turn my attention back to what the creature held. I want it. I want to know what's in there more than anything in this world right now.

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

((Yep, shes a brat))
Seeks a Royal Hellhound with the Acid Ability
Wishlist - No Prior Refusals

Image Credit

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
Auriel

Its quite evident within the first few words that the fluff is not impressed. All he simply does is declare us dead. Did that mean anything to me? Of course not! We were no where near that situation, so how could she be dead if that would never happen? Nonetheless, Shida was still not out of my mind, I needed to rub it in a little more that she'd always be stuck with me. "Even in death we'd be together!" I declare with all the false happiness in the world. For some reason living behind this sarcasm made everything a little better. I didn't have to ever tell anyone how I really felt, and I could always keep it my little secret.

The fluff however was not done talking, and another question plopped from his mouth like a pile of poo. The first to answer was a girl that smelled oddly like my home. She was rather... brash in her decision. A smart aleck maybe? I actually stifled a laugh at her statements. I on the other hand, had very different ideas from what the Gods could and could not do. "But they are Gods," I countered, beginning what I thought was the most air tight explanation ever. "So of course they can make a boulder to big for even them to pick up. Otherwise, how could they be Gods if they cannot do everything." I finished slyly, dragging out my words like a know it all. Sometimes, I just have to at least act like I'm smart. "Although I have to admit it seems kind of like a paradoxical statement..." I muttered, defeated but nonetheless proud of my response.

Sometimes, thought was a good thing. Maybe I'd have to try it more often. Could mom teach me everything? Or dad? Or... anyone really? Who knew all the information in the world. I stumbled over my own thoughts for a moment realizing how stupid I was. If Gods can do anything, then they know everything! Yes! Score! Now I'd just have to go track down a God.. I have no idea how hard that is but it could get pretty interesting!

Wishlist
Hellhound || Acid
she belongs to the fire
Image Credit

Ráeru Posts: 41
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 4 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Frostie

I'll carry you on my shoulders, never set you down.
Ferry you through the coldness, never let you down.
She had a feeling the panda's patience was wearing quite thin with the lot of them. Boring. With a sigh of disappointment she continued to watch the panda as he spoke. The young girl was not insulted, this creature was so bizarre that honestly she would't be surprised if after this he disappeared and was never seen again.
He approached the bench with what she figured might be his final question, and listened to it carefully. Ráeru wanted to impress, although she was not sure why. What was the prize for this contest? Her eyes traveled over to the egg that gleamed in front of them.

"Well for my answer, it leads back to your original question." She smiled, flashing her brilliant white teeth at the red panda. "Say they turned everything into a boulder." Her blue eyes dances with mischief and her smile remained in place. "I mean everything, grass, dirt, trees, water, ice, sticks and stones." She stepped forwards watching him. "Then they started to turn the animals, the fish, tigers, dogs and even unborn eggs until all living creatures turned to stone." A pause as Ráeru eyed the panda, she didn't know if he would accept this as an answer or not. "Then they turned us into stone before finally turning themselves." Her smile wavered wondering if the genie would show up and offer to save someone. "The entire planet is now a rock, everything is stone, creating one massive boulder. No one is alive, no one is still capable of lifting the boulder." Now her eyes looked over at the Rotunda, wondering, still, what made it 'The Rotunda'. "Every part of the gods is still the same shape but each molecule of them has become nothing but stone. Are they still the gods? Or are they something different?"

Smiling over at Hotaru, the pale girl was almost finished. "If they are still the gods, then yes. They can create a boulder that is far too heavy for them to carry." Kicking a small pebble with her front hoof she watched it roll away. "If they are no longer the gods, then, perhaps, not."

Smiling softy she stared at the panda. "So what do you say? Can the gods create a boulder that is so heavy, the gods themselves cannot lift it?"

Wishlist Prior refusals : None.
Hellhound
Magic | Superspeed : able to alter the timestream dimension to leap forward into time, appearing to be travelling very quickly. + Hellfire : can summon flames that fall like rain in the immediate vicinity, causing multiple, small tissue burns.
Ráeru has a Genetic mutation : Future companion can have two magical abilities.

Erebos Posts: 474
Aurora Basin General atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 75.5 | Buff: DANCE
Orsino :: Plain Kitsune :: Dark Illusions & Enyo :: Common Griffon :: Draining Clutch Heather

Puzzling, baffling and illogical, the red panda seemed to grow frustrated with their prior answers, and gave forth more warren designs and primrose paths. The ringing philosophies tackled and tumbled throughout the lad’s ears, and he was forced to withdraw back into himself to even attempt answers to the ongoing tribulations. From his viewpoint and stance, Gods had always been potent, all-powerful, mighty beings; omniscient, brilliant, blinding, revered, and respected. They held unfathomable power and potency, and in his eyes, couldn’t be overwhelmed by a mere boulder. But what if they yearned for it? Weren’t all the desires they craved, they coveted, they longed for capable at their hands? If they wished it, couldn’t it become tangible? If they aspired for it, couldn’t it become real? If a God chose for a mere mortal to grind into the ground and try to lift a boulder beyond even their own means, for a test, for a challenge, for a quest, did that make them seem like lesser beings? His mind whirled and churned, muddled, confused, and bewildered by all the different avenues and investigations. He didn’t want to fail or fumble, appear foolish or inept, and so inevitably drew from what his experiences had taught him, what he’d seen along his short time on earth (the blinding, overwhelming glimpses of the Sun God, the mysterious, enigmatic turns of the Moon Goddess; deities captured and imagined behind the eyes of an intrigued babe). “From my understanding, Gods are omnipotent. They can do whatever they wish. They can draw and create from whatever they crave.” Erebos paused, not a firm student of philosophy, but a child determined, resolute, and tenacious; prevailing over what he had to say. “So, if a God chooses to construct a boulder, for reasons they deem sufficient, heavier and far bulkier than their capabilities, then it could be done.” Perhaps the question remained over how far their abilities went, where their stars ended and collided, where they too became bent and broken. The query seemed to circle back in on itself in a illogical, contradictory fashion, and the lithe prince could give no more over his statement.

Wishlist - Seeking Royal Kitsune

Prior Refusal

Image Credits

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob
<style type="text/css">::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 5px; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-track { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent;}</style>
White December

His words sifted through her mind briefly, before ivory ears flattened upon her skull in utter annoyance. She was boring for wanting to save the life of a newborn child? She was boring and dead for putting someone else's life before her own, not because she had a death wish, but because she longed to see a young one grow up into something in life, even when she hadn't? What would she have accomplished in this world if she had chosen life, the ability to annoy anyone in her presence? To chose her life over someone else's just because she could didn't register in her DNA, it was a short circuit she would never have to face in her wiring, and she was okay with that, even if it meant she wouldn't get the egg in that little vermin's paws. But, she wanted it... in some ways. She wanted it because perhaps then she could find someone who would love her for who she was.

Stepping forward with her feathered limbs swishing, she looked at him with her stoic expression, grey eyes hard,"Then I am boring and dead. I will not stand idly by and watch a child die because I decided that I was more worthy of living. I will not be ashamed of my decision just because you find it to be unsatisfactory. I do not know the ways of Helovia in its entirety as of yet, but what I know to be true is that someone who would willingly put their life before whatever is in that little egg's doesn't deserve to have anyone, let alone a friend." She hadn't noticed how her chest had puffed, how her nostrils flared and her breaths had become heavier, filled with anger and passion over the creature's words. She hadn't felt such a fire in quite awhile, but as quickly as it had been lit it had been smothered, her expression returning to a even one, and her form relaxing once more.

Receptors flicked in his direction once again as he asked a question, tail swishing at her hocks and steel gaze unwavering. She didn't know where she stood now, especially with her little outburst, but she would still try, and she didn't care if he didn't like her in the end. She was determined to obtain the specimen in his clutches, to open it to see what was inside and welcome it into this world. Surely it would at least be better off with her than him, if that was what his way of thinking was. Clearing her throat, the mare turned her head to relieve a slight itch on her side, before looking to him once more with that same blank expression,"The way I see it, the Gods are able to make anything. Therefore, if they wanted to make a boulder so large that even they were unable to move it, then they could without any issue. Now if they would, is another question entirely. If they were to choose to place such a boulder in our land, it would have to be for a very good reason, because it would most likely be permanent. They would most likely be wanting to hide something away, or to protect us from something if they felt this was necessary. Aside from that, I would think the answer would be quite obvious; they know no limits, and so even limiting themselves with their own power is an option."

"Speech"
Text
Thought

{WC: 579
Tag: Random Event
OOC: December would like a Royal Cerndyr. Wishlist
No Prior NS refusals.}

image credits

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Many protests spilled from the other inhabitants that gathered around over the panda's latest question to them all. Not that she was surprised by it at all considering it was all just madness and even bordering insanity. Why would one ever be faced with such a ridiculous scenario? If you managed to get into the desert in the first place there would always be a way out it was just a matter of using your brain and figuring out which way you had travelled. Following footprints would be easy out in the sand so why was it impossible to use logic to find your way out. No way in hell would she chose to save herself if it meant another would die! Her conscious would never let her live it down!

Still irritated by the whole stupid question she stood still with the younger mare nearby. She admired the mare's bravery and her reasoning but there was no way she would let it happen without a fight and her fiery tactics could pose quite the opposition if required. If there was a portal to make her partner go through a little butt burning might just do the trick. Smirking at her amused train of thoughts she nearly missed the panda's next pointless question. Why did any of this matter?!? What was the point of all these useless questions that served no purpose? Who cares if the god's could make a rock that they could not lift. Who even thought of this? Apparently this semi crazed panda, thats who. Turning her icy gaze back to stare at the creature shuffling the egg around she waited for an opening in the conversation before adding in her response.

" The answer to your question would be yes. They are gods after all and they can create anything that they wanted even a giant rock that nobody can lift. Everything has a purpose somewhere in life." Finishing her brief splurge of speech she really hoped that this would be the last of these irritating pointless irrational questions.

Brisa would like a Royal Kitsune || Shock
Wishlist

Prior Refusals:
One
Two
Three

Brisa speaks

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Nothing was more irritating that listening to bickering between colts, fillies and whatever else had showed up at this little gathering. Who would live, who would die that was the question. Why couldn't people just accept what was already said and move on with it? One partner volunteers their life so that you may live.. Great say thank you and go along with it don't argue the point until you are blue in the face. Listening to Vitani speak at long last it was surprising to hear the youngling respond in such a way. The girl couldn't be older than two she figured, yet she was willing to sacrifice herself to save a total stranger? Stupid but admirable in a way. Already she had been given a chance to live on if she wanted to kill herself after the fact who was she to try and stop her. Shrugging she nodded her head briefly to the filly as if agreeing to her comments while inside her feelings were indifferent to the matter at hand.

Snorting in annoyance as the Panda chose to mock all their decisions and regard them as boring rather than accepting them she turned her glare in his direction. What did this little brat want a friggin speech on how the world worked? Take what you can get and move on already don't keep hovering in the past. Will nothing satisfy the arrogant creature? If she had half the mind she would spread her wings and just take the egg from its keeper and fly away to save the trouble of listening to it speak any longer. If things continued much longer her decision would be made and this was exactly what she would do. Not like the thing could stop her with its stubby little extremities and wingless body.

"Yes, God's are god's they can do whatever they want. If they want to make a boulder that no one can lift including themselves then they would do it again. They created this giant bolder.." Stomping her hoof against the ground she motioned all around them before continuing. "All they did was add some luxury's here and there so that it could support our sorry asses and there you have the earth. Who knows if they can lift it or not but a rock is a rock. If they can lift it great if not well thats too bad maybe they should have thought of that before they made it if thats what they wanted to do."

Rhea would like:
Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire

No previous refusals
Wishlist

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: ••
Picture Credits
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
Ilios
A grumbling sigh slipped in exasperation from golden kissers. 'Boring huh?!' Stupid red rat cat thingy clearly had no idea what he was talking about. What else did he expect when he was the one that got to chose who he wanted to give the egg too? They were all trying to make it seem like they would pick others over themselves to look better. Snorting his aggravation golden ears slammed back against his skull. The colt looked around at everyone else wondering how they took his short reply. Just about everyone else seemed just as ticked off as he was. Sharp hoof tipped leg lashed out at the ground as the next question rang in his mind.

Arching his thick neck the colt took deep breaths trying to ease the irritation raging in his mind. Once the fire was drenched in serotonin, his brain rolled into fluid motion. His deep draw rang out, "They could, but that would be ignorant. If they did so there would never be anyone, or anything, strong enough to move it. It would always be stuck like you are here. You're stuck here taking care of this place." Calm or not, his feelings were still rubbed raw, thus the sharp retort. Snorting once more the colt turned silver eyes to glare up at the creature. What was he going to do? Come down and bite him?! 'Haha! I dare you little rat!' Snickering to himself the boy stared up at the thing wondering if this was the end of his questions.

Wonderings TalkingWords:257 Royal hellhound| Acid Previous refusal| Here Wishlist| Here|OOC: His voice
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~ Robert Frost
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Aakesh Posts: 16
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.0 :: 3
Adoptable

Gazing up at the white mare he was surprised at her stomping hoof. Lifting himself as high as he could black ears pricked curiously to catch her words. The youngster was humbled instantly by her words. She seemed like a very sweet mare, and he liked her voice. It was slick and warm, and her word babe easily remind him of his brightly colored ma. Arching his neck he turned steel eyes up at her again only to see her large dome lowering back to him. Ears pricked again as he stretched his muzzle out to her. The mare's words would be locked within his heart and soul forever. Life was precious something to be held above everything else. The colt knew then and there he would take care of himself, and others until his life did end. Would he hold himself over others though? Only time would tell how brave he really was.

A warm chuckle sounded from his soft muzzle, the heart warming sound only innocents could bring forth. He drew in her warm air memorizing her smell and face locking it away so he could always remember her. "It's a pleasure to meet you Miss." Blowing his own bought of air back he smiled brightly before trying to touch her muzzle with his purple spotted one. Their sweet moment drew to an end when the red creature spoke once more.

His tiny heart hurt as his words sunk in. He had let the thing down, maybe even the white mare beside him. Turning so he stood firmly next to her the colt gazed up at the thing with the egg. Black and purple speckled dome drooped sadly. Even in his hurt the boy thought of the question now offered. His voice rose with his head, "Of course they could, but why would they? I do not think we are boring! How is laying down the gift of life for another boring?! Maybe if some of us were really forced to pick our answers would be different, but you don't know that, and neither do we!" A new emotion bubbled within his heart, anger. Aakesh did not like it, not one bit.
------------------------------------------------
talk Thoughts
Words; 364
Notes; Wishlist | Royal Kitsune Electric

Danger? Hah!
I walk on the wild side. I laugh in the face of danger. Ha ha ha ha!

TigerStriped4 | LarissaAllen | sugarpoultry

Arya Posts: 50
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 2
Minx
She's just like the weather. Can't hold her together.
Arya frowned as the panda spoke and raved about how boring they all were. Rather than waste her breath she looked up at her mother with a look of annoyance. Many of them she knew simply were saying what they thought would please the panda. The huntress knew most would say anything to get the egg the panda held in his paws, and no matter how great her desire for companionship was she wouldn’t forge her answers. The next question was quite as easy to answer. Rather than speak she stopped and thought while others spoke. All of them declared the gods omnipotent, omniscient, and all powerful. It took every fiber of control she had not to laugh at such glorifications. She had heard tales of the wraiths that infested the land and that even the gods couldn’t contain them. No matter how grand their power was, the Helovian gods weren’t the all-powerful beings they might wish they were.

When an opening came Arya stepped forward and glanced about to ensure that no other was already speaking. A smirk passed over her lips as he answer crawled into her mouth. “They are limited and they cannot create anything that surpasses their strength and ability. They grant us magic, companions, and gifts but those are still smaller than their own power. And our gods have made it pretty damn clear they aren’t completely ‘all power’ with the murders that have been ravaging Helovia. From what I heard the wraiths show that they can’t control everything.” She inhaled deeply. Part of her was afraid that the gods would smite her down right in that moment. “So, my answer is no. Our gods are flawed and have weaknesses just like mortals and to create something "too heavy for the gods" would be beyond their capability. They cannot transcend their own godhood.”

"talk"
[Hellhound : Acid
wishlist
Prior refusals: 1
Edited to add in the refusals and all that ]

crystaluniicorn

• tag in opening posts only 
• violence/magic is permitted. maiming/death is not without prior permission