the Rift

[OPEN] Socrates called, he wants his philosophy back :: NS Royal Companion Drop

Astraea Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Time had passed since my arrival to Helovia. While the white veil of powder still clung to the shadows of the earth, it was slowly but surely disappearing. After all, the powers of old man winter remained just that – the powers of old man winter and he was bound to fall to the powers of the summer king. The two seemed to battle constantly. Fall where winter won and Spring where summer won. Hopefully the reliant pattern wouldn't be disrupted here in the near future. Although it did seem like old man winter was putting up a good fight this time around.

My face hardened as I pondered what exactly would happen if either one of those powers won or lost when they shouldn't have. Would there be famine, death, hysteria? Or would there be feasts, life, and partying? No one would know entirely what would happen, but one could hypothesize.

I shook my head lightly as I realized I was beginning to daze off. Which that wasn't exactly a good idea what with a murderer on the loose still. A pain gnawed at me, guilt began to fill within me. Others kept dying because we...I was unable to piece together all the clues and solve the puzzle thus far. If the puzzle could be solved then perhaps the killer would have been caught already and countless lives saved in the process.

Eyes flicked about, desperate to catch sight of something – anything to distract my attention from the aching pain that was emanating from inside of me. And surely enough there was a throng of others gathering about the Rotunda.

“I wonder why everybody seems so interested in the Rotunda? Perhaps something is going on?” I whispered to myself before allowing my legs to propel my body towards the group. Once there though I looked around only to notice that everybody was staring up towards the roof and after following their line of sight did I notice the red, white, and black furred creature that sat atop the Rotunda with some circular white object. An egg? What would a creature like that be doing with an egg?

A few seconds passed by and then the creature quipped a question towards us all. It was an interesting question and my forehead furrowed as I pondered for an answer. After a few others had provided their answers I knew what my own was and so I took a slight step forward and spoke my mind, “It depends upon who's perspective you are talking about, does it not?” I began slowly while still concentrating hard enough to keep my words in line with my train of thought, “If you are asking someone who has barely spent any time in the Rotunda, it will more than likely still be the Rotunda. For someone who hasn't spent long in one place generally doesn't get the opportunity to relish the finer details nor will they have many memories of the place before hand,” I paused and it almost sounded as if I was done but alas I was not, “On the other hand, if you are asking somebody who has been here and knows the place rather well then surely it will be a Rotunda but it won't be the Rotunda. This type of person would surely notice the differences. They would notice that say a squeaky floor board or a drafty window was replaced with a newer and better version. And with realizing that everything they had grown to know and love has been replaced, this place would lose its charm and the memories that it had held within its walls.”

I looked up towards the red creature hoping that that was something along the lines of what he was looking for. If not perhaps he would give us another question to answer? But the biggest question I wondered about was what was the deal with the egg? I guess only time would tell.

"Astra's speech"|"Astra's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 661
TAGGED;; boop
OOC;; Astraea is looking for a Royal Silver Inari Kitsune with black eyes with Fire.
WISHLIST
No Prior Refusals.

ASTRA'S REF;; Click!
ASTRA'S VOICE;; Adelaide Kane as Mary Queen of Scotts from Reign

Messages In This Thread
RE: Socrates called, he wants his philosophy back :: NS Royal Companion Drop - by Astraea - 01-10-2015, 08:34 PM