the Rift

[OPEN] Socrates called, he wants his philosophy back :: NS Royal Companion Drop

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit

Seeing her daughter again tilted her world on its axis, but instead of leaving her floating and helpless in midair, it instead solidified her entire world. She hadn't anticipated seeing Arya before she'd made it back to the Basin, and yet...there she was. Though Hotaru had been stolen for mere days, it seemed as if Arya had grown all the more in her absence. Beautiful in her solitude, the one Hotaru had never desired to leave her to. "Arya, she breathed, and then her face split into her most brilliant, dazzling smile. Phaedra's beauty shining out of her face, normally so caustic, as she took in her beautiful huntress. Arya was buried in her shoulder within seconds, and Hotaru turned and held her tight with her cheek, breathing in her soft scent and using it to center herself. No matter how this challenge ended, everything would be right with the world, because she had her daughter with her.

Pride was thick in her throat as she reluctantly allowed Arya room to speak and respond, and the intelligence she displayed was as beautiful as any countenance she could have been born with. Hotaru's mother had valued beauty of the body, but the she-wolf favored beauty of the mind. Arya had grown with both, and Hotaru could not have been more proud.

From her left another approaches, tiny as ever, and Hotaru's heart leapt to her throat. Raeru had grown, her name the only reminder of a past Hotaru had tried to keep from her fragile mind. She was soothed to know that her forced abandonment had done the child no harm, only to find herself at a loss. How could she tell Arya? Her huntress at times was rather possessive, as shown by Rhiannon, but surely she would understand after what had happened with her father?

Hotaru tilted her head to nuzzle against Raeru, inhaling her scent as she had Arya, surrounding herself with the love she felt for them. Were it not for the panda speaking, pairing them off, Hotaru would have remained there encased in silent joy forever. She was sour at Raeru being separated from her, but supposed she could not object. Brisa looked at least capable of caring for her daughter, for the time being. Hotaru would nonetheless keep a sharp eye on her, and she glared warningly before shifting closer to Arya. She didn't forget to send an encouraging glance at Raeru, as well, in case the child was unsure of the new face.

The proposed mission was simple, but her motherly instincts jumped immediately to the front. Her answer came from her tongue almost as swiftly as a descending eagle, purposeful and intent. Hardly any time between the panda's words and her own. "My daughter goes forth. There is no contest. I will die in her place, if she is granted safe passage." There is no hesitation, no falter or break in her words. Even in the real situation, Hotaru would make the same decision. She would die for her daughter at any moment. Turning to smile somewhat sadly at her beautiful huntress, she continued. "And I would hope that she would not seek to change the genie's mind, as a life without my huntress would be no life at all. I would be content in the afterlife to see her grow into the fine mare she is destined to become." There was no shame, announcing it to the crowd as she was. Hotaru would never lie in the face of her beloved daughter, as she never would to Raeru or Mirabella.

Wishlist :: [Companion: Common/Royal Hellhound | Acid]

Denials: X :: X

image credits
Table by Nicole (Niki)
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Socrates called, he wants his philosophy back :: NS Royal Companion Drop - by Hotaru - 01-14-2015, 12:02 AM