the Rift

[OPEN] Socrates called, he wants his philosophy back :: NS Royal Companion Drop

Erebos Posts: 474
Aurora Basin General atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 75.5 | Buff: DANCE
Orsino :: Plain Kitsune :: Dark Illusions & Enyo :: Common Griffon :: Draining Clutch Heather

The crowd thickened, the questions continued, and the infidel prince watched, waited, and listened, absorbing his surroundings with a keen eye and wide gaze. Once everyone had given their piece, he fixated back upon the red panda, now passing out more tasks – which, after considering the Gobblers’ antics, this required far more perception and tactics – because as they were handed their details, Erebos was tied and tethered to an odd situation. They were asked about sacrifice, about immolations, about smothering and delivering themselves to a haunting, painful death, swarmed and riddled with the dunes and sand, for a creature he didn’t know. His inquisitive gaze gestured to the fellow colt, another beast perhaps around the same age, horned and winged (an impressive measure, to be sure), and he truly couldn’t surmise how to act or what to think. What made the colt Illios more deserving of life? Was he of great power and mystique? Was he a brilliant chessmaster, gallivanting across the globe, orchestrating movements, commanding regimes? Or was he merely the same as him – small, tender, waiting for a moment to shine, for power to trickle down through his toes, for the world to open up and give him a chance, an opportunity, to become something? And in that regard, who would Erebos be to deny him those golden, gilded junctures? The colt furrowed his brow, staring at the ground, trying with great difficulty to summon his sentiments and the right thing to do – his mother would sacrifice herself, there was no question or query to it. His father would certainly weigh out the matter, calculate, ruminate, and expand on consequences and capabilities. Would the prince be more equipped to fight on the dusty fields, wander perilously through the sands, or would Illios? The lad’s mind was wrapped and ensconced on the matter, and he knew, somewhere, in his heart of hearts, had this child been any of his companions, he wouldn’t have even paused for breath. So, on a wilting sigh, on a quiet breath his dam could’ve been proud of and his sire could’ve smirked at, he proceeded with his considerate, generous actions. “I’d let the other colt take the safe passage.” The scion’s steely tones matched his gallant stare, and he managed the slimmest of smiles as he glanced over to the red panda. “I would take the chance of survival. I think I’d have enough determination and perseverance to find some way to remain.” After all, he wasn’t a Basin-born for naught; endurance carved and sculpted its way through their bones. With another wry smile, he gestured towards his partner, mighty and stalwart. “Besides, he has wings! Maybe he could fly back and rescue me.”

Wishlist - Seeking Royal Kitsune

Prior Refusal

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: Socrates called, he wants his philosophy back :: NS Royal Companion Drop - by Erebos - 01-14-2015, 06:57 PM