the Rift

[OPEN] Socrates called, he wants his philosophy back :: NS Royal Companion Drop

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Many more came to see what this beautiful panda might be doing a top the Rotunda and to give their answers to the question he had proposed. Confident in her own answer she listened to the others responses with interest. It was quite amazing how something simple could be viewed so many different ways. While some answers were similar to her own there were others that were the opposite giving her a look at the type of character each person carried and their viewpoints. One colt of interest caught her attention with his foul mouth and blatant disregard for manners. What was its mother teaching that poor boy or maybe better yet what he was not being taught she wondered silently. If her sons ever talked like that to someone she would be sure to teach them a lesson so they would not utter those ever profanities again. It was difficult to resist the urge to reprimand him for it but it was not her place to discipline the young one so she withheld.

When the creature finally spoke once more it was a rather odd request as he pointed to their chosen partners. Pair up? Why? Furrowing her brow slightly as she tried to figure out what the panda was looking for in them she did as was instructed. Her partner was much younger than herself but seemed nice enough to associate with. How exactly were they supposed to answer a question of which one of them should live and which would die? Obviously none of them wanted to perish from a slow agonizing death it just didn't seem fair to subject someone to death as they were deemed less worthy than their partner. The concept was unsettling to her but regardless the panda seemed to be awaiting an answer.

Gazing over to the young unicorn thoughtfully for a moment her heart knew that it could only live with one possibility. This young filly likely had a family that loved her dearly just as she loved her twins she would be selfish to take that away from them. If it was her and her two loving colts the decision would be easy. She would give her own life in a heartbeat if it meant that they could live and be safe it only made sense that she would sacrifice herself for another. Her boys would find a way to move on without her and go on to build their lives with the knowledge that she loved them more than life itself. She had no one who loved her so she had less to lose. "Given the choice between life and death I would choose to save my partner. I would not be able to live with myself knowing that a decision I made caused another life to be extinguished." She commented with a nod of confirmation.

Turning to her assigned partner she offered a warm smile before continuing. " You have your whole life ahead of you still. You deserve to be the one to live to make something for yourself. I have lived and would give my life if it meant another could be saved." Her choice would not be swayed either way her decision was made and she was sticking by it. It was her heart that told her this and as long as it was alright she was positive it was the correct choice.

Brisa would like a Royal Kitsune || Shock
Wishlist

Prior Refusals:
One
Two
Three

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Socrates called, he wants his philosophy back :: NS Royal Companion Drop - by Brisa - 01-14-2015, 08:10 PM