the Rift

[OPEN] Socrates called, he wants his philosophy back :: NS Royal Companion Drop

Astraea Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A few others trickled in after me and voiced their own thoughts of the question at hand. Truly there really was no wrong answer since everyone would have a different point of view... a different path of experiences that lead to different ways of thinking. Me? I liked to sit back and ponder what all the possible outcomes might be.

Then the fox thing paired us up and I looked at the older mare with the swirly horns of whom I was to be partnered with. I wondered what all she had seen in her lifetime, what experiences she may have gone through to provide her with wisdom? I wondered deeply as I walked over towards her and introduced myself, “I'm Astraea. Nice to meet you.”

Now that the pleasantries were done and over with, I once again turned my focus back to the fox creature and the egg that he was holding. What was inside that egg? Was it a living creature for someone to bond with or was this all just some sort of tricky game? Then the creature proposed our sticky situation to choose an answer to. My black eyes squinted a little as I thought long and hard about all the potential possibilities and soon I was beginning to drift into a state of unawareness.

The sound of a raised voice captured my attention. I looked towards a filly younger than I but was soon startled by an explosion in the bushes. My mouth gaped open at her ability. How could someone so young be so destructive? And if she was already relishing her power now, what did that mean for the future? Oh gods, she was a ticking time bomb. My ears pricked as she chose to save her sister based on the assumption that she could get out if she could make the ground explode enough times to reach water.

“Pft. You'll need more than just water to survive,” I begin towards her while gathering every bit of courage I had to correct her, “It's a desert, even if you do find water deep in the ground, your body would grow weak from a lack of nutrition and the heat combined.”

I look towards her and wondered if she would understand but just in case I decided to put it into layman’s terms for her, “You would need food, water, and protection from the elements to even stand a chance. To base your chance of survival based upon one of those is absolutely absurd.”

After my small rant, I went back to thinking about the situation. Lost in a desert with this mare and a genie pops up and says that they can save one of us. Surely I wouldn't give myself up for the saving. I just wouldn't be able to live with myself being the reason someone else died. Especially when I could have saved them. Even if this mare was a stranger to me I couldn't take her chance of life away from her. But the genie...wait a minute a genie! That's it!

“You pose a trick question. If a genie is the one that greets us in the desert don't we get three wishes?! I wouldn't let my partner here to die in the desert. I, much like the mare before last, could not live with myself knowing I had a hand in ending someone else's life. Instead, I would spend one of the three wishes to bring us both to a safe place that we could easily get to our homes from,” I looked over to the seal brown mare beside me and gave a soft smile. Hopefully she would see the ingenuity of this plan as I had. I was actually pretty proud of myself for coming up with this answer and finding the fox's sly trick within the question.

But what if the fox's question had no trick to it? What if the genie didn't grant wishes? What if that wasn't the answer he wasn't looking for? My black eyes took a quick glance from the egg and then back to the mare beside me before adding in my second option, “But of course, if the genie won't grant wishes then I would stay behind. I've traveled a bunch already and I wouldn't be alone,” I looked up to the sky. The stars...even though they weren't visible right now I knew they were there, “The stars have always been my friends so even with my partner safe, I would die with a smile upon my face as I look up at my friends who have kept me company all my life.”

Now I had no idea how the mare next to me thought, but hopefully our answers would coincide with one another's. If we were truly in that situation, it would only be then that my heart would be a peace.

"Astra's speech"|"Astra's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 814
TAGGED;; boop
OOC;; Astraea is looking for a Royal Silver Inari Kitsune with black eyes with Fire.
WISHLIST
No Prior Refusals.

ASTRA'S REF;; Click!
ASTRA'S VOICE;; Adelaide Kane as Mary Queen of Scotts from Reign

Messages In This Thread
RE: Socrates called, he wants his philosophy back :: NS Royal Companion Drop - by Astraea - 01-14-2015, 09:13 PM