Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: Three Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Sarabi :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Emily
V
I
T
A
N
I

A few more speak up after I do, and the thing holding the egg seems to really listen to us. However, we are not told if any of us are wrong or right. That of course frustrates me to no end, as i'm dying to know the right answer. Maybe there is no right answer. I sigh. Maybe i'll ask our storyteller back home. “Pair up as I point to you,” Oh? What does he have planned for me now? As each of us are paired up, I am paired with a mare who has.. What did Breccan call them? Oh yeah fuzzy things. She had fuzzy things on her head and sides, just like he did. How cool!

Then the thing speaks again. This time a lot longer than any of the times before. “The two of you are travelling together and get lost in a desert with no food or water. When neither of you think you can go on any longer, you come upon a genie. She offers to give one of you safe passage through the desert; the other must remain behind and will surely die a slow, agonizing death.” I don't know what death is, but it doesn't sound like fun. The thingy goes on. “He allows the partner to my left to make the selection. The partner to the right has one chance to confirm the selection, or to change the genie’s mind. What do you say?” I look up at the mare who i've been paired with. Surely she has a family and is needed. Maybe even a kid like me.... Well, like Breccan. Should I let her go on? Should I go on instead? She speaks before I can, and her answer surprises me. "The genie could save her." She nods at me. " The heat and the sand would be too much for someone so young I would have a better chance of making it out alive if I was the one to stay behind. I have faced tougher situations than that and managed to get out alive this time would be no different. Hell if I was to perish out there eventually at least I would have died trying to get home instead of taking the easy way out." I stand there, shocked. She would, die? For me?

I can not wonder why she would do such a thing. I mean, I don't know her. I'm not her's to worry about. I look to her with curiousity in my eyes. I then look back to the thingy with the egg. Granted, I don't want to seem selfish to all around me, but. I accept her choice, because as soon as I was out i'd find help to save her too. Even if that means I have to go back in and bring water and food to her myself. There, I don't sound to selfish now... Do I? After all, my life has only begun.... Her's... Well not so much. No use in me dying just to have her fall over dead too.... Whatever this dying thing means.

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Seeks a Royal Hellhound with the Acid Ability
Wishlist - No Prior Refusals

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
RE: Socrates called, he wants his philosophy back :: NS Royal Companion Drop - by Vitani - 01-14-2015, 11:48 PM