the Rift

Predator's Outcast[Open]

Tingal Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: 9 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
dark

Tingal
Be Different, Be Unique

The stallions' muscles rippled under his orange tiger striped coat. His green eyes scanned the area. His whiskers twitched. He sensed tens of hundreds of horses further southwest. The stallion had just traveled eighteen days from his other home, Shrutigal. The place had been raided by the rival herd, and the stallion had been defenseless against the invaders.

He was strong and well, and he wandered, his light cream colored hooves taking him foreword, and his hind legs launching him into the air as he cleared the large log in his way. The Orangemoon was upon him, and he watched the leaves of fiery oranges and reds flutter to the ground, crunching under his hooves.

The stallion still had far to go, but he stopped briefly and took in the sights. The wind ruffled his black mane, and his tiger tail swished back and forth. The air was crisp and dry. The stallion bolted forwards as a twig snapped behind him. It was a small rabbit, which leaped away quite quickly. The stallion shrugged this off and continued towards The Throat.

OOC:Anyone from the Throat want to join?
Word Count:181(Not my best)

Action
Thoughts
"Speaking"

Breeze Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Again he’d ventured back to the Threshold, again he stood with Helovia’s outer borders in reach as if his subconscious mind wanted him to leave, wanted him to go and find another land, a land where frightening magic and Gods that could be all up in your face didn’t excist. But the young buck felt connected to these lands now. He knew there were a few horses here that hailed from his mother’s land and he longed to know more about Isilme so he turned away from the border looking south yet again. Maybe I should try the ocean? he thought.

Just then a weird smell caught Breeze’s attention. It was a strange mix of horse and feline. An equine with a cat companion? The pegasi started following the smell, muzzle to the earth and wings half extended he walked through naked bushes and pale undergrowth. Soon he found a few prints, they looked normal enough, but the smell surrounding them was sharp like a predator’s and still with a hint of equine. What was this? He kept on going.

The young stallion stopped in a dense shrubbery and lifted his head. His big, barn owl wings flared out and his eyes widened when he saw before him a horse which was striped like a tiger! It had whiskers, a feline tail and the smell of it was just… weird. He contemplated to turn and run as fast as he could until he came to a place where he could lift off into the air. But then he saw how the creature flinched as a rabbit hopped by. It didn’t chase the rabbit and it didn’t start to drool, maybe it wasn’t that dangerous after all? But Breeze didn’t dare to make his presence known, he just stood there watching the strange brute.

Leyra Posts: 88
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 3 years
Dark
Tingal turned his head to see a horse with wings. Large wings. He was quite intrigued by the horses appearance. His nose twitched, watching the winged horse. He hadn't been familiar with winged horses. In fact, he hadn't seen a horse in ages. He reached his neck out slightly, sniffing the horse, but Tingal dared not to speak, for his large canines might scare the horse. Instead, Tingal bowed his head in greeting, his eyes remained on the earth beneath his hooves. He swished his tail, hitting falling leaves. Tingal had his ears perked forward, his eyes set on the noble horse. This horse was not, different. No whiskers, no scales, no mutations, other than the wings. Tingal marveled at the wings, then realized it might look weird, so he looked at the horses face, and gathered the courage to speak."I am Tingal. What is yours?"Tingal forced himself not to speak in his native language, and he tried to keep his teeth hidden. His muscles rippled under his coat.

Word Count:171
I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much,
And my scars remind us the past is real
I tear my heart open, just to feel

[Image: 2jewqqh.jpg]

Unregistered
All Breeze’s muscles tensed when he realized the striped male had noticed him, his body prepared him for flight. But fear kept him in place as the hybrid walked closer. Black eyes followed the cat-like movements and when a whiskered muzzle was extended towards him Breeze started shaking. But the cat-horse didn’t bite him. In fact it seemed to be keen on not scaring him.

Little by little the colt relaxed and when the stranger spoke, with an exotic accent Breeze even managed to smile a friendly smile. The fangs he could make out under the male’s lips made him a bit uneasy though he was fairly sure the cat-horse didn’t want to eat him.

"I’m Breeze!" The young stallion answered. "Where are you from, Sir Tingal? I must say I’ve never seen anyone quite like you."

He was so intrigued by the looks of this striped hybrid and he found himself wanting to know as much as he could.

dark
Tingal shivered at the memory of his home. Destroyed by evil fiends. He gathered up the courage to speak."Shrutigal. You will never hear of it, for it has been hidden from the outside world by powerful magic." Tingal hated to speak of his old home, burned and destroyed by the ones he once knew as friends. Tingal noticed the young stallions' fear radiating from his coat.

Tingal stopped thinking about his home, and looked up at the stallion."What herd do you belong to?"Tingal refrained from talking in his native language. He stared at the stallion with wondering eyes."And how did you get those wings?I have not seen a horse with wings." Tingal's fascination of the large wings sprouting from the horse grew. He felt the cold wind ruffle his mane, orange leaves settled on his back, and tickled his whiskers when they brushed by.

Tingal's tail flicked, his eyes settled on the detail of the stallion's wings. Tingal traced every feather with his eyes. Memorizing the way they folded. He blinked, and focused back on the stallions' eyes.

Unregistered
Breeze regretted his question when he saw the look on the striped face. And the words the tiger spoke didn’t lift the feeling that he’d asked the wrong question. However the male seemed to chase away the anger and sorrow shown in his green eyes and it was then, when Breeze met those feline eyes he saw that this stallion, or male cat, wasn’t much older than he. It also seemed like he had experienced loss just like Breeze himself. Maybe they had quite a lot in common? They did seem equally intrigued by each other’s appearances at least.

Breeze laughed a little when he realized how silly they must look, staring at each other like that. "I come from Dragon’s Throat, sir," he answered the tiger. "It’s a desert oasis, a fine place to stay during Frostfall. Oh and I was born with my wings. I am a pegasus, you see."
Breeze smiled again. "You want to come with me back to the herd?" Remembering the fangs bulging under the hybrids lips Breeze carefully asked: "You don’t eat horses, do you?"

dark
Tingal laughed at the stallions question."I do not eat horses. And it would be an honor to come with you to the herd in the Throat."Tingal did wince."Although, I do eat meat, but not often."Tingal felt a little embarrassed to admit this to the stallion. Tingal still admired the stallion's wings, and how the stallion had been born with them. Foals. Tingal felt warm memories flood into his mind of being a foal, no one had ever played with him because of his mutation. He had always watched the others foal play together while he was lonely. And now Tingal would never have a daughter or son of his own, no mare would love him. Tingal glanced up, realizing how he had drifted off."Sorry. Shall we leave soon?"

Word Count:133

Unregistered
[I'll start a Thread in the Throat as soon as I can :)]

Tamlin Posts: 40
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 2 years
Rover
Here is the thread: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=2137 =)
he sows in blood

Permission to use violence and magic against Tamlin at all times granted