the Rift

All the Ideas

Cheska Posts: 33
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 8
Ducky
So I'm full of idea for my Chess here and I have a few solid starting points for some threading. I'm wondering if anyone is interested. I'd really like to start warming back up to writing her and that's best done by jumping in with both feet.

Presently, she's herdless, but she'll be visiting the Falls and the Edge in search of a place to stay, so threads could be fair game in either.

Big Plots
-Overarching plots for Cheska may include the resolution of her militant pacifism (that's an oxymoron, huh?). This could go either way. Someone could convince her that some problems can't be solved with words oooor she could wander off into the wilderness because she won't tolerate any interpersonal conflicts and start/join a new group. I'd love for her to meet some folks from both sides of that debate. This is going to be a kind of long term development so no rush on that.

Little Plots
>Foals especially:
-I'd love for her to meet a few foals. She was really happy as a parent and she'd be even happier as a cool babysitter. She tends to get all caught up in behaving like a kid and forgets that she'd supposed to be the mature one. Cheska getting into trouble with foals is pretty much my favorite thing.

-She's presently riding the wave of madness that is Helovia's foal population. The more, the merrier. I'd love for her to keep in touch with some of these characters as they grow up.

>Mares especially:
-Cheska gets along very well with other ladies. She'll be dying for some female companionship by now, so anybody who wants to hang out would be more than welcome. She'd be great as a sympathetic ear to any of Helovia's fed-up new moms or as quest help or if you'd like to introduce her to magic/Helovian culture/companions, that would be cool.

>Stallions especially:
-This is a little bit iffy. I'd like for Cheska to meet a nice stallion, not in a settle-down kind of way but in a "oh, wow, there's such a thing as a nice stallion" kind of way. She's been burned a few times and she's holding a grudge against the less fair sex. If somebody could strike up a successful friendship with her, it could be an interesting development.

If you have another role that needs to be filled that you think Cheska would fit, please feel free to share!
ALL THE FRIENDS FOR CHESKA!

Moving Updates here for quick view:

Hidden Falls with Africa - WRITTEN
Foal thread with colts - WRITTEN
World's Edge with Resplendence - Coming after Hidden Falls
World's Edge storytelling with Nasreen - Coming...
>(Note to self - "Dragon and the Stars"?)
World's Edge bonding with Miykael - Coming...
Foal thread with Auriel - REPLIED
Philosophizing with Gaucho - After SWP settles down...
Hanging with Nimue - Coming... AA'ed
Bedtime stories with Spice - WRITTEN
>(Note to self - "Vero and Mishakae")
Somewhere with Artorius - Coming...
Storytelling with Kvothe/Ruh Troupe - Coming...
>(Note to self - "Maiden of the Mist")
New and Confused with Menagerie - Coming...

Still open to replying, but starters are going to be a bit. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
Of course you have Hector and Africa at your disposal! Cheska is completely adorable :) I Love her to bits already!

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
THIS GUY. For foals. Aww yiss.

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
Mikey is super nice. :D He could be her friend!
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Breccan Posts: 16
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 3 || Birdsong
Tribs
-holds up Breccan-

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
-cough cough-
If there are stories involved, Nasreen wants in! She's collecting as well :D

(Also, she's around as a potential friend too! Heaven knows she needs someone older and wiser in her life lol).
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
Gaucho is a might makes right kind of guy. Lately he's been persuaded that talking things through can have beneficial outcomes but ... for the most part he'd rather punch his problems away.

SO! He'd be up for a meeting :D
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Any of mine are up for whatever you like. I play Grimalkin, Amaris and Cirrus at the moment :)
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
Vol here is a foal for her to meet! :D

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Nimue Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Ahhhhhhh! Cheska and Nimue would be sweet together. Nimue is a principled pacifist but she's a bit too hot tempered to stick to her ideals all the time (and she's too unapologetic to admit when she fucks up). She's new, too, so if you wanted to just try to stick them together and see what happens, I'd be down!

Hidden Account
Ducky
Eeeek! You guys are the best!
Africa - *ties Africa and Cheska together with a big bow* Always up for threads with anybody you want.
Zèklè, Breccan and Volterra - I'll have the storytelling/screwing around thread up once I decide where to stick it. Probably by tomorrow.
Miykael - Yes! Mikey would be perfection. I'll work something out with you soon.
Nasreen - Thread when Chess comes to the Edge? She's definietly older, but wiser I'm not positive on. She'd be following the same "seer" tract, so she could use some info. I bet they'd get along swimmingly.
Gaucho - Yesyesyes. I would kill for a Gaucho thread. They could be so interesting together. I'll let you know when I get something up.
Nimue - Ooh, new ponies unite! (Wish I'd have come up with a sweet Aurthurian name like that.) That could be a really fun dynamic. Let me know when you're up for a thread. I can probably get something going.

Cerin Posts: 45
Hidden Account atk: 4.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17 Hands :: Three (Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Klare
-throws Auriel at-
'cause she needs to meet people who will actually have fun with her so she won't be so uptight. xD

Hidden Account
Ducky
Auuuuuuuuriel. Yes.
You want in on the foal thread or seperate explorathon? (*meanwhile, Cheska steals all the foals*)

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
A separate thread would probably be better for her character development, but whatever works best for you! :D
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Hidden Account
Ducky
Update:

Hidden Falls with Africa - WRITTEN
Foal thread with colts - WRITTEN
World's Edge with Resplendence - Coming after Hidden Falls
World's Edge with Nasreen - Coming...
World's Edge with Miykael - Coming...
Foal thread with Auriel - REPLIED
Somewhere with Gaucho - Coming...
Somewhere with Nimue - Coming...
Somewhere with Spice - Coming...
Somewhere with Artorius - Coming...

Still open if anybody wants a piece of this. I have muse like crazy.

Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Oooooooooo!!!!

Points to Spice with much enthusiasm.

I've had my eye on Cheska since she's come, and I love her storytelling kind of ways...
and if you've seen, Spice...she was born with just her mother. And in the first part of her life, she was being taught manners and history by her mother, and at night, her mother would always tell her a bedtime story. She loves stories.
She'd ran away, and now is in Helovia, sooo I was wondering if Cheska could kind of become like...a grown up friend to her? Telling stories and having fun and...RP CEPTION!

@[Cheska] Tell me what you feel of the idea? <3
[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Hertz Posts: 42
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
Semper
On the 25th I have a really nice stallion coming in. His name is Artorius and he is the son of Alysanne! I would love for them to meet once I get him out of the threshold and situated :3 she could even post in his threshold and then they can meet again later?

Hidden Account
Ducky
@[Cashmere] - Aww, thanks. Spice is fabulous. Cheska (and I) would love to hang out and scare up some adventures. I'll put you on my list and try to get something up sooner rather than later.
@[Hertz] - Chess would love to meet Artorius either way. Just throw a tag somewhere on the threshold post if you want her to crash and she'll be there. ^^

◊ please tag Cheska in all posts
◊ full permission is granted for minor powerplays including
touching, placement and superficial injury

Kvothe Posts: 62
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 6 || Frostfall
Elodin :: Dik-Dik :: None Tribs
-subtly nudges @[Cheska] to the Troupe-

She could also meet Kvothe and they can swap stories :D

Menagerie Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Minnie is always open for things! She could definitely use a good friend or two in this strange new place she's in.