the Rift

[PRIVATE] :: Murder Clue Eight :: Continuation
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia followed suit with Mauja's question which seemed issued so quickly and without much thought. She followed with a blurted. "Sohalia," the mare who had introduced herself as the second half of Gaucho. If the pale princess had known about Sohalia's magic to make crystal when Torleik's additional information made her heart lurch, she would have been more sure. As it was, Gaucho had an excellent point. Stress ate away at her insides, gnawing up her throat until she was forced to close her eyes, to block out everything in her aura.

Torleik's deep voice resonated against her white fur, speaking of justice and a single, harsh laugh barked from her throat bitterly. "HAH!" She grimaced, afraid of the cruelty and anger she heard buried so deeply within her voice, as of some inner demon had chose to rise and consume her vocal chords. Dual colored eyes flashed with deep seated rage, an anger old and slow, a fire years on kindling now blooding into life. It heated her belly, warmth and power billowing in her soul like smoke. "There is no justice in Helovia," she grunted, thinking of every ignored transgression and every condemned, blooming flower.

"We bow to gods at war. Justice lies on the side of those who bleed less than their victims." She glanced up at Torleik, her stunning eyes filled with visions of destruction and desolation, crimes and punishments. Loss. Hopelessness. Helovia was her home. Good, bad, cruel and beautiful, and she would stay with her until her last breath. But what she spoke was truth. The gods played their followers against each other, stirring controversy among already rivaled individuals. Prejudice and hatred resided in all sides. Could Gaucho truly stand before her and not feel superior for his ability to fly? Did Torleik not think himself more lethal for those demon horns protruding from hellish brow.

They were surviving.

Gaucho spoke, and he had an excellent point. Mara might be useful, but Tinek was eyeing all the males possessively and even started pulling at Torleik's braids. The tension was making the hot blooded dragon rather agitated, and Ophelia had to tell him to knock it off through their bond. He chirped an apology to the black beast and then continued to stare around, having to stay close in case the mood turned even darker and his breath was needed to ensure his bond-mate's swift escape.

The pale princess sighed, and she nodded to the antlered dun. "You have always been open, honest, and never hid," she agreed with him firmly. "Even when... Well, when you attacked me thinking I was him - " her head knocked in the direction of Mauja - "you did not try to hide or escape your actions. We have come to an agreement, you and I - one that I value, not only for the Basin but on a personal level." Deep down she believed that he was good, that he tried the best for his herd and that his honesty was his greatest strength. The fact that he had opened his mind to her willingly was a testament to this fact since so many hid atrocities behind the walls they thought were safe.

"The evidence still just..." she trails in open confusion, not hiding her emotions or pretending to be the proud, powerful queen. "All of it combined leads to the throat, to a winged stallion, one who burns, apparently, the bones - from your antlers perhaps? - the sand from your homeland... I do not understand the crystals, but if we were to build a court of our peers as Torleik suggested, do you think that we would find you guiltless?" Her question was not pointed. Her question was earnest. She desired to know what he thought - if he too saw the correlation or if he was simply defending himself stubbornly.

Then, the mare who had so impulsively made to attack with little knowledge spoke, and a single brow raised. She looked to Gaucho, wondering what he thought of those words. With an inhale, she stood taller, assuming the carefully woven mask of queen, one that guarded her heart and supported her weight. The previously open tint of her soft eyes hardened, almost narrowing at the women. If Gaucho could punish her own, could she lecture his? She didn't stop to ask. This was not about grudges. This was about something greater than them all.

"Your loyalty to your commander is commendable," she began with an honest compliment. "But you trust too easily in gods and herds. The tensions between us is rooted too deeply to ignore, even for a murderer. For what if the killer is Kahlua? Would the Basin not race to condemn for her crimes? Would we not march to war crying justice while accomplishing ulterior goals?" she asked pointedly. "Ah, but what if it was one of you... would Gaucho so easily give you up to our mob-demands? Our thirst for blood? Eye for an eye?" she almost purred. "The gods will know, but it is our responsibility to find the truth. Who is only the beginning."

Ophelia's strange, dual colored and eerie gaze never left the girl. "The more voices you involve, the less rational as all of our demands will fade to cacophony. We will shred our humanity under the false guise of 'justice', 'honor' and 'gods'. The war we fight now is with ourselves, among ourselves. No one else needs to know what happened here because nothing did happen." Her tone firmed.

"There is no drawn conclusion, only speculation. I will not move against Gaucho." Her position was stated. "But I agree that we, just us, should see the gods." The power lusting vipers that hid in corners (one among them right now) could so easily manipulate this situation. Ophelia would be damned if she gave them the chance.

Art by: equusamor @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
:: Murder Clue Eight :: Continuation - by Ophelia - 01-12-2015, 01:45 PM
RE: :: Murder Clue Eight :: Continuation - by Ophelia - 01-16-2015, 08:47 PM