the Rift

[PRIVATE] nothing but tarnished memories

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
What can I say?

To have Ophelia's gift of looking within another's mind would have made Torleik laugh then, seeing what Ktulu wondered. A ladies' man? Hardly. He'd been with two women in his lifetime, both of them horrible mistakes.

Ladies' man?

That was rich.

The Bloodskald smiled some when the Constrictor seemed surprised at his description of the trees that surrounded them, but he kept quiet, listening further. She used to live here? In a herd? By herself? That question was answered as well. The Grey - yes, Phi had mentioned them here or there. A sadness seemed to envelop her then, one that reminded him of Ophelia and made him wish to embrace her and take away her pain.

The thanks that suddenly came forth was a surprise to the Bloodskald, and his brows furrowed. "For what?" he asked dumbly, the question answered moments later. For her mother. Their mother. "You needn't thank me, Ktulu. I did what anyone should have; what any man should have." She inquired as to her sister, and Torleik's ears flicked back slightly. "You would likely get a more effective answer from her yourself - she wanders, I hardly know where she is and I find I am only the one who remains around when she is broken enough to need someone," was his honest reply.

"She fought with the polkadotted bastard, Mauja, and came back to me wounded both physically and emotionally. It was such a pleasure to learn vaguely of her history with him in that moment." The bitterness in his words was acrid, like smoke in the air. But he exhaled, and tried to blow it away. "She was made Lady of the Basin by the God of Time. I'm not sure if you knew." His smile was tight. "Seems I am but one in a line of many males who have found Ophelia captivating." The words were not delivered in such a way as to sully her virtue, just a sad statement of his lack of original stature and importance in Ophelia's life. "I believe being lead has given her new purpose."

Shifting on his hooves, he looked at the darker sister. She was lovely in her own way, more dangerous, more violent, more exciting. "And you? How do you fare?"

@[Ktulu]
"talk talk talk"

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
nothing but tarnished memories - by Ktulu - 01-14-2015, 01:27 AM
RE: nothing but tarnished memories - by Torleik - 02-06-2015, 08:44 PM
RE: nothing but tarnished memories - by Ktulu - 02-19-2015, 09:43 PM
RE: nothing but tarnished memories - by Torleik - 04-21-2015, 08:53 PM