the Rift

[RANDOM EVENT] Am I worthy?

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The glue that tentatively held the fissure that the pale mare had caused so many seasons ago was not so strong that their bond was impenetrable. Even now, even after he had forgiven Ophelia - a gesture that not many received from the God - he felt the cracks in his heart shift, grinding away into dust the binds of her exoneration. That in her thoughts he now found the presence of another, one who surely could never rival the God of the Sun, and yet when it came to airtime in Ophelia's mind, was pulling ahead. And quickly. It might be nothing but ... then again Ophelia had come here under the guise of moonlight. Perhaps it was to accentuate the way her coat - adorned with silver and the sheen of the stars glimmered in the pale light, or perhaps it was to emphasize that the God's light could triumph even the darkness. Perhaps she wanted to ensure the two were alone ... but perhaps she wanted to ensure they were not seen.

But the God would accuse Ophelia of nothing. Although the words would never be spoken, he too was fearful that Ophelia would somehow force him to relinquish his adoration for her. It would be her doing of course, for the blame could never fall with him. He was a God, and she was just ... just Ophelia. But she was his Ophelia.

A small spark flickered in mid air, casting light upon the ground and illuminating the vibrant grasses. It was quickly followed by another, and then another! as if some invisible firework was noiselessly exploding before her. These sparks did not fall to the ground however, but began to swell and brighten. Flames licked outwards from the light, gently wrapping themselves around the molten form of the God. His body burned perhaps more vibrantly in these midnight hours

"Ophelia." He greeted her warmly. The flowers she had brought for him so long ago still blossomed as if only placed in his mane yesterday; still fresh and vibrant. His muzzle extended outwards towards her shoulder without hesitation, to touch the softness of the flesh there. The God was surprised to find more muscle beneath her pristine coat than he had remembered. Was his memory faulty? Or had she grown stronger since last they had met?

"Whether or not your efforts are worthy and whether or not you are worthy are two different questions." He mused, perhaps trying to get a rise out of her mind - one that he knew intimately to be complex and wise. "Are your efforts worthy enough to grant the power you seek?" His burning gaze flashes with adoration and temptation as he nodded decisively. "Yes. But are you worthy? Worthy of what Ophelia? You who have bore the child of a God-" (his teeth visibly clicked as he said this. Clearly he underestimated the anger that would rise at the mention of what the God of Time had done to her. In that small regard, perhaps he and Torleik could find common ground) "- and have lead herds in the past and continue to lead one now. You are bonded to a royal soul and when you leave here you shall do so with more power than when you came." His voice had become much softer and warmer as he spoke, dispelling the irritation thoughts of Roskuld and her conception brought.

"So I ask again Ophelia. Worthy of what?"

Or perhaps he should have asked, of whom.

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
Am I worthy? - by Ophelia - 01-14-2015, 01:33 AM
RE: Am I worthy? - by God of the Sun - 01-14-2015, 02:29 AM
RE: Am I worthy? - by Ophelia - 01-14-2015, 03:05 AM
RE: Am I worthy? - by God of the Sun - 01-18-2015, 04:20 PM
RE: Am I worthy? - by Ophelia - 01-25-2015, 12:18 AM
RE: Am I worthy? - by God of the Sun - 02-05-2015, 12:21 PM