the Rift

[RANDOM EVENT] Am I worthy?

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

Unlike his brother, foreknowledge of what was to come was not a power especially present to his mind. And so, where the Spark might have been able to see generations of small Ophelia's coming to him, each with a shimmer that was a pale mirroring of her own clear gaze, the Sun could not. Although he knew it. He knew in his bones the Foresaken would one day succumb to death, although he silently prayed that she would not. Immortality was a gift they bestowed very rarely onto the mortals and yet ... would she not earn the gift for herself? Surely her deeds, and not his words, would convince his kin she was deserving of their blessings? And even if they didn't what of it? Could he not have her, cloaked in a shawl of immortality, for ever?

The God sighed, unable to articulate these thoughts, and knowing that even if he could, that he would not. Ophelia's life was hers to live, and she deserved whatever love and happiness this Torleik who constantly invaded her thoughts could bring. It was a lonely existence being a God, but even more lonely was the place of lover to one who could never be faithful, never be present, but who was always eternal.

"You are no coward Ophelia, even if your wisdom makes you feel as such." He chuckled.

Fire dripped from his molten wings as he bridged the gap between the two. He could transfer magic to her without the need for physical contact and yet ... yet it didn't seem fitting. Extending a wing, lines of fire dripped from his feathers to fall upon the pristine glow of her coat. There was no sensation of burning of course, only a warm and almost loving heat that seemed to meld into her very core. For a moment Ophelia glowed as the Sun God did, her body lit from within with the magic of his soul. The magic she had quested for flooded her veins and mind, instilling in her the power to speak into the minds of others.

"There's also this ... " He mused, his voice sounding far away as if lost in a distant memory. With his wing still hovering over her wither, a point of pure light seemed to descend from his golden feathers. There was a small - although unbreakable - silver chain that fastened itself to the light, and yet because of the brilliance it was almost imperceptible. It was the essence of pure sunlight, but only a single drop. Anything more would have the ability to permanently blind, but this small amount would still prove impossible to look at for anything more than a second or two. And even then, it would be all too easy to lose oneself to the blindingly-white center, pulsing with an enigmatic glow of golden warmth.

"As a reminder." Carefully, he moved his wing so that he could slip the slender chain around her horn. The light pulsed, and then ebbed away slightly. "You shall never be without my light again." The words he had been unable to speak before, when he had given her this quest, finally said aloud.

She was forgiven, not foresaken. He would not abandon her again.

Congratulations! Ophelia has received
:: [Magic: Light | able to speak into the minds of others and communicate telepathically]
:: [Restrictions | Must be within 10m of intended target. ]

Ophelia has also received a custom item!

:: [ Item: Sunlight Essence | an orb of sunlight tied around her horn that can emit blinding light when needed ]
:: [Restrictions | can be used to temporarily blind opponents - effects lasting 10 seconds]

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
Am I worthy? - by Ophelia - 01-14-2015, 01:33 AM
RE: Am I worthy? - by God of the Sun - 01-14-2015, 02:29 AM
RE: Am I worthy? - by Ophelia - 01-14-2015, 03:05 AM
RE: Am I worthy? - by God of the Sun - 01-18-2015, 04:20 PM
RE: Am I worthy? - by Ophelia - 01-25-2015, 12:18 AM
RE: Am I worthy? - by God of the Sun - 02-05-2015, 12:21 PM