the Rift

[PRIVATE] wearing our vintage misery

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
Tears blurred her vision, even as the space between them closed, she barely saw it, but she felt it, and it felt right. Yes, they were meant to be close, they were meant to feel each other this way - weren't they? The cloud-child didn't think on it too long, because if she did, then she would be swallowed up by the darkness, the abyss that threatened whenever she began the what if game. Golden and caramel feathers stroked her own dark ones, and she shivered at their touch, though she was hardly cold.

'Please don't cry for me,' his plead fell upon her ears, and she felt his gentle, feather-light touch once more, gracing the hardened curves of her façade, wiping away the tears that blurred her vision and wet her face. Despite it all, a rough smirk seemed to grow in the corner of her maw, even as he spoke, 'I hate to see you cry,' - but if he would not cry, then who would? Cirrus was an honest and open belle, she was not practised in the art of hiding her emotions, however ugly or weak they made her look. Muscles and fitness proved that she wasn't weak, at least not physically - but her mental health was something that she was constantly battling and now trying to consciously improve… A task much easier said than done.

So she wept, but the tears slowed and she gave a small, sobbing laugh into the soft flesh of Kaj's muzzle, blowing warm air to him as her wings fluttered against her sides and the embrace of his own. With a playful nudge, the girl summoned rain to fall, its drops heavy and fat, lazily giving them a pleasant sunshower to cool things down a bit. It was another kind of release for her - she was shedding tears through the sky, instead of through her own eyes, just to please him.

'I wish I could help you more,' she felt his lips craft the words against her warm skin, and she lipped at his whiskered muzzle as she detected the fear with which he spoke. Though she didn't know the depth of his fear, (she assumed it was some macho problem males seem to have about not having an answer for everything), she admired his honesty, even if it stung a little bit. "Not many can," she spoke softly, before blinking her dark eyelids to clear her vision properly and hold his own gaze within hers. "But you've done plenty." It was presented as a whisper, an offer of truth she would rarely give to anyone, and yet, here she was, offering it to him, the King of the Edge, this perfect stranger who probably knew more about her than anyone else in Helovia.

She didn't know how long she stood, but Cirrus was ever one for movement and activity. So eventually she did pull herself away from him and his embrace, she quieted the pleadings within herself to simply stay by his side indefinitely - they both had lives to lead, and standing around in this magical sunshower was halting both of theirs. The girl looked to the sky above, and shut her eyes as she cleared the clouds, suddenly she was the Sun as it shone down on them, basking in its warmth and life-giving powers. When she opened her eyes again, she was renewed, refreshed. It was as if their time here had been something of a cleansing for her, a confessionary time that now wiped their slates clean.

A small, somewhat devious smile curled her lips as the mare stretched and bent herself this way and that, warming herself up again, clearly readying herself for the flight home. It wasn't like Cirrus to say goodbye, it wasn't like her to use words for very much, and this was no exception: without explanation, she let a large feather that shimmered with the hues of the sky above fall to the ground at Kaj's forefeet. And with that same curious smirk, she approached him, and plucked a souvenir for herself from his wing.

Then, without another word, the cloud turned, and took to the skies, to fly to a home with a heart filled with something other than darkness and sorrow.
Cirrus the WindDancer

sxc.hu
larfsalot on deviantart
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    wearing our vintage misery - by Kaj - 01-14-2015, 02:03 AM
    RE: wearing our vintage misery - by Cirrus - 01-14-2015, 10:06 PM
    RE: wearing our vintage misery - by Kaj - 01-17-2015, 01:06 AM
    RE: wearing our vintage misery - by Cirrus - 01-18-2015, 10:13 PM
    RE: wearing our vintage misery - by Kaj - 01-20-2015, 05:01 AM
    RE: wearing our vintage misery - by Cirrus - 01-20-2015, 08:13 PM
    RE: wearing our vintage misery - by Kaj - 01-31-2015, 04:20 PM