the Rift

freedom [varath]

Aylin Posts: 89
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 :: 3
ali
There's a wonderful feeling of freedom when running. The way the wind whips through your hair, the smell of the grass, the drumming of hooves against the earth, and the tempo of your heart beating in your ears. It all comes together to create a beautiful symphony that is all its own. Nothing else can match it and the best part of it is each run has a different melody.

The land gradually changes from the hard ground I had been running on to softer soil before turning to sand. Over the course of it changing the melody changed as well and became softer. The sound of ocean waves was added to it and above me Tallis began to trill his own song to go along with the melody. I laughed and kicked my heels up and ran harder, faster. Sand flew behind me in great clouds as I angled my body toward the ocean.

My body met with the waves and the melody made an abrupt change. The drumming of hooves was replaced by the beating of my heart in my ears and the crash of the ocean waves against my dark body. Tallis circled overhead before he started his decent and landed upon my back. His clawed feet gripped my hide, pinching the skin but not piercing it as always. He was remarkably gentle for a dragon and sometimes I wondered why that was. Perhaps it was my mother gentleness that had made him so gentle.

"It's a beautiful day, Tallis." I spoke to the dragon who trilled a song in answer to me. I smiled and turned my head to eye the dragon that rested on my back. "We can rest here then go for another run, unless you're too tired." In response he snorted a puff of smoke at me and I laughed again.

Varath Posts: 45
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.0 hh :: 3 Years HP: 63.5 | Buff: ENDURE
redgod
V A R A T H
What do they do with your soul? Is it just lying there, busted?

The young colt was frustrated. He had not seen anything to do with the plague in ages, and all the unicorns he had met were weird. Vadim was continually nearly screwing things up, and thought he loved his brother dearly, he needed some time alone. So, he had picked his way south to the beach, his mane ruffled by the wind. The colt did not feel joy in the breeze or the way his solid hooves scuffed against the sand. All the world around him was simply tool, objects to be bent to his will and purpose.

Suddenly, and charcoal figure raced by, and the tall, yearling colt snort in surprise, his dual crimson and silver eyes watched her tear off down the beach with an orange dragon in tow, but she did not seem to be running for any reason. Why was she running then? He narrowed his eyes and flashed his tail around his fetlocks. With a wary gaze, he pushed his body into a powerful trot, graying body sliding easily over the sand. Where was she going?

She allowed the dragon to land on her back even though she had a horn, and he found that strange. Apparently its name was Tallis, and she was running for fun? He furrowed his brows and inhaled deeply, puffing up his chest. Some dragon and filly would not intimidate him! "See a ghost?" he asked, walking up to the filly proudly. She was cute. He stopped, neck lifted high in the air.

exc.hu

Aylin Posts: 89
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 :: 3
ali
I was completely unaware of the colt that I had raced past in bliss, but I assume Tallis wasn't. The dragon was ever vigilant, watching for any sign of danger that would come my way and warning me away. He had done that since I was a foal and I cherished his company. At times I wished that I could bond to him, but I knew I couldn't. Even if I could I would worry about what the broken bond would do to my mother. I had heard that if the bond was broken the other bonded usually ended up dying. I did not want my mother to die because of my selfishness of wanting her dragon. I could love him just the same as she did without the bond. Still, I could wish, I suppose.

Tallis made a sound that I could only describe as a mixture of a trill and a growl as he turned his attention away from me. I tilted an ear back then turned my head only to find a tall colt trotting toward me. He was certainly good looking, but there was an air about him that felt very dark. My tail twitched as I looked at him, wondering exactly why he was approaching me. I waited for Tallis to give me some sort of signal that the unicorn was dangerous, but there was nothing aside from the slight stiffening of his body and pressure from his clawed feet.

Seen a ghost, the colt asked and I only looked at him as if he had spoken in another language. I couldn't help but notice that he walked with a certain pride and arrogance, maybe, to his step. Maybe my gut feeling that he was bad news was right. "What are you doing?" I finally asked. "There's no need to show off." Tallis snorted his agreement, which was punctuated in another puff of smoke.