[OPEN] silence

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
Cirrus
the Wind Dancer
Home.

The desert scent slapped her in the face, and along with it, came the flood. It was a torrent of memories, washing over her, through her, ripping her apart. The girl flew hard and fast, her tears torn away from her eyes by the wind her own movement generated. Memories of hearing Sitka's song howling across the sandy expanse, of running and playing with him, of healing with Onni and learning and loving and living… It was almost enough to make her turn back and (attempt to) cross the border at the Threshold again.

But she didn't. Something new pulled her, drove her, summoned her to these lands. Something ancient and foreign and wonderful had filled her, and she had to use it while it lingered or else she feared, she would stop living altogether.

The cloud dropped from the sky like a raindrop, wings pinned at her sides, forelimbs stretched out in front whilst her hindlimbs tucked up beneath her barrel. She was a bullet, deadly and sure; the Dragon's Throat was her target. At the last possible instant, her wings opened and her acceleration halted abruptly, the strain upon her muscles causing her to grunt but otherwise transition into a gentler descent - enough so that her legs did not break upon impact, at least.

Sand rose around her like a cloud of a different hue, staining her legs in a familiar warmth that she found strangely comforting. Pale, cerulean pools peered about, as flutes twisted atop her tiara, taking in the changes that time had wrought upon the landscape in silent reverie. The last time she had stood here, Sitka had stood beside her.

I miss you, she mourned to him.

To the silence.

[ ooc :: open to any! she's waiting at the borders, and would like to join! ]
sxc.hu | larfsalot
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Hertz Posts: 42
    Absent Abyss
    Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
    Semper

HERTZ
    I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies

Excitement flashed through my small frame as limbs stained with the deepest blue tore through the warm sands of the Throat. I glanced over my winged shoulder momentarily, looking back to where I had just popped over a dune hoping that the bright purple frame of my mother wasn't following me close by. I loved the mare dearly and she took amazing care of Aakesh and myself, but I wanted to explore to be able to run as fast as my long, spindly legs could take me without hearing someone warning me to watch out and be careful. A snort blasted through paper thins as I turned back to watch my surroundings change as I made my way through the sand, occassionally my strides shortening a little due to the energy I was expelling.
    One day I would be able to fly and then there would be no more running through the unforgiving sand for me! But for now, my wings weren't quite strong enough to carry my mass into the sky. Dark stained ears slammed back against my skull as I pushed forward, trying to ignore the pulling sensation in my limbs, something that Alija would have made me stop running for, but right now it was almost freeing. The punishment would come later when my muscles were sore and the mare's normally gentle voice became harsh and chiding for me leaving. But now wasn't the time to worry about what was going to happen later. I was here to live in the present and have as many life experiences as I could under my belt before I even turned one.
    Suddenly my attention was drawn away from the reckless path I was taking as a cloud of sandy dust appeared just off to the right of me, no noise followed and from where I stood there was no shape to attach to the sudden arrival of the mushroom cloud. Ears flicked forward as my stride moved into a smooth canter, my path changing to carry my ever curious frame closer to whatever creature it was that had disturbed the peaceful desert sands. Moments later I found myself in the presence of a beautiful beast, her coat matched the slightly clouded sky above and from her shoulders sprouted large wings. Wings that I hoped mine would someday match in greatness.
    "H-hello." I stammered, baby blues locked on the mare's coat, my voice catching in my throat momentarily distracted by the admiration in the creature's strange yet beautiful appearance. Shaking my sporty skull once I cleared my throat and looked away from the mare's odd coat and rather to her eyes, her electric blue eyes that were nearly as mesmerizing as the rest of her. A smirk tugged at the right corner of my dark kissers before my child-like voice broke into the peaceful silence once more. "I am Hertz. Who are you? And why do you match the sky?" While speaking my wings tucked in closer to my sides and exhausted limbs moved forward once more, my dark stained muzzle reaching out to the mare in a greeting customary of our species, something my brother had taught me the day I escaped from the too-small-safety pod.

"speech"
    Tag;; @[Cirrus]
    WordCount;; 536
    Notes;; It's cute, cause they are related and don't know it :3

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
    Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
    Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
    Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

One never knew what you'd find waiting at the desert borders, so i wasn't particularly surprised to see two figures down below. What was surprising, however, was the way one of the forms seemed to be the sky incarnate, a living embodiment to the place closest to my heart. Ever curious, I glide down to the sand, landing with grace to avoid startling the pair...and to avoid giving them all a nice coat of sand. They should thank me, honestly, for such a show of restraint.

"Good day to you both." My gaze flickers to the young colt, ears pricked sharp. "Where is your mother little one?" A frown flickered unbidden across my face. He looked young...incredibly so. His wings were still downy, adult feathers yet to even begin to show... so by all rights his mother should be somewhere nearby.

Unless

My gaze returns to the sky-mare, head tilted slightly to the side, almost too subtly to notice. Perhaps this colt was hers... I had not overheard the youth's words, the wind had stolen them before they could have ever reached my ears. "Beg pardon, allow me to introduce myself. Bucephalus, Chancellor of Dragon's Throat. And your names are...?" Sikeax would probably give me a 'much disappoint' stare for asking names so quickly... but well, banter was only fun with members of the herd. These two... i would have noticed their uniqueness as i stood watch at night. Coats like theirs were unmistakeable.

Although the colt seemed familiar... Then again I had been spending most of my nights off checking upon Breccan and Tempe. A faint flicker of guilt washed over me at that; I should be with Aakesh more, but i trusted Alija as a mother. However i did not fully trust Arvakl to nurture my children...

If i had spent my nights with my eldest son, i would have known who the colt was, but since i had not... well, i would learn.

@[Cirrus] @[Hertz]

Bucephalus
    Art done by me
    Table by Tamme<3

Feel free to tag Buce in all posts; permission is given for force against him provided it doesn't kill or permanently maim him(ask about the latter)

Pixel by Aud

Whit
    Cirrus
    the Wind Dancer
    It seemed as though the cloud was to attract attention from much younger crowds these days. Within moments of her landing, her attention was pulled towards the shorter creature who struck a strong of familiarity within her, she was stunned silent. Eyes of cerulean stared back at her; she could have been peering into a mirror. The girl shuffled herself slightly, feathers raising along the large appendages that she hastily tucked in close to her side, hair tingling onto its ends elsewhere. He stuttered a greeting to her and she nodded numbly back to him, recovering after a few more seconds of staring blankly at the child before gathering herself to reply. Thoughts cascaded through her cranium faster than water ran over a cliff; had her sister returned to the Throat, and found a lover? Was this child a nephew of hers?

Or a brother?

Had her mother returned? But no, his appearance was too much like her late father, or even her uncle, to have come from her mother's tame line of roans. No, lightning was her paternal line, and she almost gave herself a headache in trying to figure it out.

"I am Cirrus," she began as her thoughts slowed down enough that he was able to formulate a response to his direct question. His query about her appearance was not foreign to her; it was easy for the girl to forget the strangeness of her own appearance, living within her skin as she did, she rarely got to peer at her own coat and see the wonders the weather painted upon it. "I was born this way," she says simply, not knowing how else to explain such phenomena as magic and gods to a child just barely out of the womb.

Another arrives, and a breath of relief travels through the girl's lungs as she realises she would get to speak to an adult today. The steed is dark, rimmed with golden hues and splashes of white, a magnetic blend of opposing tones. Cirrus scanned his form swiftly, performing a combination of a swift warrior's assessment, and healer's health check on him. He asks about the foal, and at first Cirrus thinks him a protective guard who knows the mother of this foal - maybe she could learn this from him, maybe she could learn why this colt looks so darn familiar.

But then he continues to speak, and the cloud forgets her manners, as she was so prone to do. The information he gave alongside his name gave her knowledge of several things. One; that he was Chancellor, which meant that the ranks of leadership had changed - was Kri still here? Did she not still lead? Had the darkness taken her life? A million other questions longed to be voiced, but the next point she learned was that; he did not know this colt, and thus, he was useless to her as far as that investigation went. The third point she learned was that; he did not know this colt's name. It may have been the same point as before, but it rubbed the girl the wrong way, and instead of deigning to answer him, the girl's ears flicked back and she held him with sharp, cutting eyes.

"You don't even know the name of a colt of your own lands?" The girl sniffed, a small snort of distaste curling the corners of her nostrils as her cutting words continued. "Some Chancellor."

It was very belated of her to realise that insulting the present company probably wasn't the best way to secure a position back within her old home.

[ ooc :: @[Hertz] @[Bucephalus] sorry she is so frustrating she would not listen to me when I told her to be nice .____. ]
    sxc.hu | larfsalot
    as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

Absent Abyss
    Semper

HERTZ
    I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies

She stared.
    I stared back.
    That's how the first few moments of our interactions went, maybe an older more socialized creature would have felt uncomfortable under the watchful gaze of the cloudy mare, but I thought it was fun. Like a game of who could last the longest in a staring match without blinking, or speaking in this case. It seemed she would hold out longer than I would, rather than speaking a greeting back to me the blue mare simply bobbed her skull in a nodding fashion.
    She stared.
    I stared back.
    Then as if the pause button was clicked off, I blinked at the sky mare began to speak as if it were her intentions the whole time. "I am Cirrus, I was born this way." There were no further questions needed, if Cirrus claims she was born to match the wonders of the sky, then so be it. If I could be born blue with lightening and my brother black with purple spots, then why couldn't Cirrus be born cloudy? A smile tugged at the corners of my stained velvets before childish tones filled the dry air once more. "Nice to meet you Miss Cirrus, you are quite beautiful." I could feel the heat rushing to my cheek bones as the words were leaving my body much in the fashion of vomit. Maybe if I was lucky the last half of my sentence would be too rushed that it would have been too hard for the mare to understand. But, surely I wasn't that lucky.
    Luckily, there wasn't any time for me to embarrass myself much further when another decided to join our little party of two three. "Good day to you both. Where is your mother little one?" The frown that crossed over the taller stallion's features caused a pang of guilt to flash through my still growing frame, maybe Alija was looking for me? Worried that I had been snatched up and taken away (little did I know how realistic that almost was). Winged shoulders rolled up into a shrug while I looked away from the dark stallion to put my attention behind me on the path I had followed here to Cirrus. "She's somewhere back there. I wanted to adventure." I knew it was wrong for me to have left the overprotective gaze of my mother and sibling, but at this point I was happy I had done so. Surely I wouldn't have met this black stallion, nor Cirrus if it weren't for my adventurous personality. Turning back to the stallion a smile flickered across my features before looking back to the sky mare.
    But it seemed like the black wasn't done speaking yet. "Beg pardon, allow me to introduce myself. Bucephalus, Chancellor of Dragon's Throat. And your names are...?" It seems I was not meant to give the Chancellor my name quite yet as Cirrus stepped up and spoke in a tone much like when mom was scolding Aakesh and myself. "You don't even know the name of a colt of your own lands? Some Chancellor." Baby blues widened slightly as I took a half step back, just in case the words grew more heated or worse I was to be scolded next.

"speech"
    Tag;; @[Cirrus]
    WordCount;; 535
    Notes;; squeee

My gaze is drawn to the cloud-mare, and at her words my ears fall back and a scowl crosses my face. There is a quell of anger, of anger, within my chest, scalding hot, and heated words nearly fly from my lips. What did she know? I have been running on fumes; My spar with Gaucho, my talk with Morrigan that revealed far more about myself than i was comfortable with, checking on my twins, going to the Falls and now, on my way to sleep and rest, this rude mare had the very gall to mock me, to insult me so.

Nope. No brownie points for her.

"Forgive me. I am such a horrible person for forgetting a single name amongst the dozens, especially when i've not been home even a day. Oh, what a horrible person i am, i should be ashamed to call myself Chancellor." The words are ice, sharp and cold. Any warmth of greeting i had for this mare was rapidly fading; my own exhaustion taking it's toll on my usually civil demeanor.

And just as quick as it came, the anger is gone and i am left hollow, tired, weary. "What have you come here for, other than to call me incompetent?" I ask, the iciness(mostly) gone from my tone, and I don't even bother to cover the weariness in my voice.

All I want to do is fall down and get one night's sleep, preferably against my son.

And instead I am here, dealing with a snarky mare and a...scared colt. Shit.

I turn my head to the youth, lowering my head towards his. "Be at peace... i'm sure your mother isn't too worried, it is only natural for a colt to run amok." Gods only knew I did, and if Alija heard half the things I did as a child, she'd probably beat me off with a stick to avoid being a bad influence on Aakesh. Hurricane-surfing... Wolf-baiting... Snake taunting.... okay, yeah. You get the picture. "What is your mother's name?"

I may not know this colt's, but i knew all of the adults by name at least, and quite a few i've talked to. Fewer i've truly spoken to, but gradually i was changing that.

@[Cirrus] @[Hertz]

Bucephalus
    Art done by me
    Table by Tamme<3

Feel free to tag Buce in all posts; permission is given for force against him provided it doesn't kill or permanently maim him(ask about the latter)

Pixel by Aud

Whit
    Cirrus
    the Wind Dancer
    Perhaps if Cirrus wasn't Cirrus, she would have recognised the tiredness as a sign of a leader working hard for his herd, pushing himself to his limits, trying all he could but, without the ability to be in more than one place at one time, letting things slip through the cracks. Perhaps if Cirrus thought differently, she would see that he was an honest brute thrust into a position of authority, a steed who perhaps, wasn't all that experienced in handling delicate herd matters, but was expected to nonetheless. Maybe if Cirrus held the ability to look at life through another's point of view, she would have understood.

But, she is Cirrus, after all.

Without the buffer of her companions soul to temper her rash and bold persona, the cloud swiftly rolled out snark without a second thought. Without another perspective to offer her a wider plane of thought, she stuck to her initial judgement firmly, her beliefs set in place, her stubborn resolve difficult to change.

An ear tilted down to capture the young colt's words, and a small smile was offered to him. She wouldn't have caught him name even if he had spoken it, however, for that was when she became distracted by Bucephalus' attempt at redemption. He replied with as much snark as Cirrus, and though Cirrus heard his excuses, that's all they were to her, excuses.

She let the silence trickle by for a few seconds before slapping a smirk of most devious intentions upon her maw. Arching her nape she approached the stallion and nodded, before saying softly and sweetly; "I'll take your apology into consideration, and let you know my decision sometime in the future." Because he had said 'forgive me', and Cirrus was not normally a forgiving creature, but she might make an exception for this steed if he proved to be worthy of his title down the track. With a soft laugh, she then addressed her reason for arriving upon the borders of her homeland.

"I've come to join your ranks of warriors." With a roll of her cerulean eyes, she looked along the borders of the lands, glancing down at the colt before holding Bucephalus in her gaze with an almost bored expression. "Clearly you need all the help you can get."

And with that, the girl began to walk past the stallion, and further into the lands, with a definitive swish of her tail sweeping up waves of sand on her way past.

[ ooc :: @[Hertz] @[Bucephalus] she's not walked off completely yet lol, feel free to keep talking at her/make her stop etc. But if she is accepted could you post to the rank update thread for me? :3
    ps: sorry not sorry Cirrus is Cirrus >__> ]
    sxc.hu | larfsalot

• I enjoy being tagged.

Absent Abyss
    Semper
    H
    E
    R
    T
    Z

I stood speechlessly as the adult's conversation continued onward. Snappy words being flung back and forth between the dark stallion and the cloud mare who for some reason I felt quite bonded too. Baby blue eyes shifted awkwardly between Cirrus, who had offered me a small smile that in normal circumstances would have forced a boyish grin to sprawl across my face, but right now I was too focused on the pang of hunger that was slowly creeping into my gut. A clear sign that my day of adventure was coming to a close, even though I wasn't entirely ready for it to end. I wasn't ready for it to end at all, I wanted to get to know the cloud mare better and figure out why it was that I felt more comfortable around her...a stranger, than I did the Chancellor to the herd that I had been born into.
    Maybe it was simply due to the fact that I had yet to meet the stallion who I would call da that would complete my pair of parents. Surely he was just a busy man, too busy to come along and meet the children the beautiful Alija had given him. What a lucky man this stallion would be, not one son, but two! Both born strong and healthy to boot.
    My thoughts were interrupted as the large, dark beast Bucephalus turned his gold stoned skull in my direction and deep baritones crept in to tear apart the thoughts that had been taking over my mind. "Be at peace... I'm sure your mother isn't too worried, it is only natural for a colt to run amok. What is your mother's name?" Navy lids fluttered over crystal pools as I tried to bring my mother's name to the front of my mind. Normally I just called her Ma, or momma, never by her real name, all I could think of was it was some beautiful, exotic name that fit my mother quite well.
    Just as her name crept to the tip of my tongue, Cirrus began to speak before walking away from the crater she had created when landing in a mushroom cloud of sand. A frown crept across my features as I glared at the black stallion for scaring away my new friend. Snorting I shook my small, sporty skull pushing away the reminders that I was hungry before trotting after the mare. "Alija! My mother is Alija!" My voice was thrown over my shoulders that would one day be filled out nicely with the muscles inherited from my biological parents. There was no way I knew that the name of my ma would mean anything to the Chancellor, nor was I overly curious as to what she would mean to him as I was too focused on the sky mare who was walking in front of me.

"Speech here."
    Tag;; @[Bucephalus]
    Words;; 476
    Notes;; He's not quite ready to let the pretty cloud mare go xD if Tribs is done with this, we can have another thread? Idk, it's up to you :D BTW, Whit is the only one who needs to tag me, as I reply after she does!
    Image Credit

When the insolent mare snarks back, and dismisses me as if I were a youth, I could feel a muscle on my cheek twitch, a fine tremble cascading down my legs, and I ground my teeth to avoid tearing a nice chunk out of that sky-marked hide.

But she walks past me, into the Throat, and I ignore the colt for now. Wings snap open, and I tear from the ground and into the sky, quickly overtaking Cirrus and the youth and landing in a spray before them. Without hesitation I strode up to her, wings outstretched and ears back. "Listen. I'm a nice guy, and I would have gladly accept you into the Throat as a warrior. BUT..."

I want nothing more than to snap my teeth at her, lay into her with hoof and wing and all the fire in my heart. But there is a child watching, and I would never wish for someone so young to see violence. "Your first impression is shit. So why should I let you pass, allow you to join our herd, when you show so little regard for authority?"

Gone was the jesting, the playfulness, the snark. Had she stayed still, had she not dismissed me and so blatantly ignored my authority, we would not be in this situation. I would have let her in, let her pass, and gone to Ampere to tell her of her new soldier...maybe asked if she could make her life a little rougher.

But she hadn't, and now here we stood. Everything rested upon Cirrus's shoulders; whether she would enter the Throat or be denied. I was NOT a pushover, and if need be I would chase her from these sands or break every bone trying.

So silent now, I watched the cloudmare, muscles tensed, waiting to see what she would do. The matter of the colt's dam, Alija...could wait. This was more pressing

@[Cirrus] Ooo this didn't turn out like I thought it would xD

Bucephalus
    Art done by me
    Table by Tamme<3

Pixel by Aud

Whit
    Cirrus
    the Wind Dancer
    It seemed the stallion would prove to be a persistent one. A good quality, if his persistence was directed towards political matters, the girl might have supposed, had she been predisposed to thinking along those lines. But all the girl saw was how the brute lost his composure, how he allowed his temper to leak through the cracks of a diplomat's perfect façade, how he insisted he was a nice guy (did nice guys have to tell others that they were nice? Did Kings have to tell others that they were King?) Cirrus saw only an annoyingly persistent steed, who gave her very few reasons to respect him.

Bright blue eyes looked at him, an eyebrow raising as the motions of her legs stopped. The girl did not respect rank for the sake of rank - perhaps he had proved it to whoever was Sultan here at the moment, but he was yet to prove it to her. Perhaps once she learned who was in charge (and whether she knew them, or whether she could beat them in a spar), she would hold more faith in the authorities that paraded around in front of her. But right now, how was she to know that this Chancellor was even telling the truth? The position was one the girl was admittedly unfamiliar with - words had never been her strong point, and a position that relied almost entirely on words was simply, foreign to her.

Besides, it wasn't as if he was any better with words than she.

"Your first impression is no better," she began dryly, the snark leaving her tones to give a simple observation as bland as the facts they represented.

"I was born here." The words were once again, delivered with nothing but bland truth behind them. "I've no desire to see my home sullied by incompetence. I want to help," she emphasised the last word with a plea shining through the electric blue in her eyes. The girl had simmered down her cruel words if only by applying an honest tone to them. "Ampere bid me to return here." She added, recalling the name of the blue-streaked mistress from meeting her seasons ago, when the cloud had held rank within the herd and Ampere had been naught but an Outcast.

"Respect is earned," she began again, wondering if any of her words were actually making a difference. It is the first time in a long time (if not ever) that the girl had not resorted directly to a violent route. "Prove to me you are worthy of the position you say you hold, and I will respect you, just as you will respect me in time when you see me defend our home."

[ ooc :: @[Hertz] @[Bucephalus] ]
    sxc.hu | larfsalot

• I enjoy being tagged.

Absent Abyss
    Semper
    H
    E
    R
    T
    Z

I thought we had managed to get away from the tall, black stallion that seemed a bit grumpier than anyone else I had spoken to in my short life span, but alas he quickly proved my childish thoughts wrong. The sound of wings snapping at the dry, desert air around us slammed forward and into my ear drums when suddenly the stallion's form appeared before Cirrus and I once again.
    Words were thrown angrily between the two adults once more as the pangs of hunger grew stronger and stronger, the last one actually causing my lightening struck skull to flip around to look at my side under a lifted wing. A low growl emitted from just past my ribcage, the sound echoed between my navy rimmed ears and my soft downy, baby feathers drowning out the sound of the bickering adults.
    A snort blasted from my paper thins when I finally extracted my head from beneath my feathered appendage, baby blues glanced back at the adults who seemed as if they had forgotten about my presence. Sighing, my short tail smacked against my hips before I turned away from the adults, normally I would have bid them farewell. But they seemed too caught up in their adult business, and I was starving so rather than wait my turn to speak I was going to head on back to Alija and the sweet nectar she carried!
    A smile tugged across my navy lips as knobby, infant limbs skipped and carried my small frame across the warm sands of my home. Today had been perfectly eventful, and I had a fun story to tell Aakesh when I got home! He probably wouldn't believe me that I had seen a mare the color of the sky that we would one day be racing through.

"Speech here."
    Tag;; @[Bucephalus]
    Words;; 302
    Notes;; And Hertz is out cause big scary adults arguing/ he's hungry xD
    Image Credit

Normally I would have gone about this entire conversation diplomatically, with gentle words and politeness. But fuck it all I was too damn tired for this mare's bullshit. I stood still, watching her with a growing irritation and exhaustion. Damnit all I wanted to do was sleep. I remained silent, allowing her to defend herself, and I waited until she was done speaking, before I readied myself to answer her.

But then the colt turns and leaves, and my head turns with him. Shit. I take a step after the youth, then halt and settle for observing, watching him walk back towards the herd. Only once he was out of sight did I return my gaze to the cloud-mare, gold eyes as hard as gemstone.

"If you were born here, and yet wish to join, it means you have left before." I didn't care if she thought my words overly-obvious, I meant it as such. And her bid about 'incompetence'? Nothing. In the foggy state my mind was in, I had a revelation.

I didn't give a shit.

Not a single care about this insipid mare and her words. No, I was confident in my own abilities, and Gaucho had seen me fit for the duty of Chancellor, and I had been doing my best to not let him down. I brought new family home, socialized with members and strangers, and was mulling over how to complete my quest for magic to better defend myself in battle, thus my family.

"I don't care who bid you to return here, and honestly do not care if you dislike me as a person." My voice grows hard, and I fold my wings. "But you should show respect to at least title. Stop to think why I earned my rank, and consider that maybe I do deserve a little respect, especially from a former member of the Throat."

I watch her, quiet for a few moments before I speak. "Apologize, and at least try to be sincere, and I will let you in. Refuse to do so, and you may turn around and leave." An ultimatum. I'd leave her fate in her hooves. Let this be a lesson to her, to respect the ranks, especially with Ampere as the Gladiator.

I would not be held as the one responsible for bringing a disrespectful brat into the herd.

@[Cirrus]

Bucephalus
    Art done by me
    Table by Tamme<3

Pixel by Aud

Whit
    [[ Just a note to say that Cirrus has replied with an official challenge ! ]]

• I enjoy being tagged.

Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
    Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
    Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
    Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

GAUCHO
    And I'd bring you further roses but it does you no good
    [OF COURSE GAUCHO HAS TO BE HERE IF SHE'S CHALLENGING HIM LOLOLOLOL]

Child of an older oracle and perhaps one of their best warriors. Gaucho hadn't known Cassiopeia - had only heard stories of her beauty and her divine link to their God - but he had known Azzuen. As a warrior, it was to Azzuen or Kri or Midas that he often reported. Back then he had been a mere warrior with no rank or magic to speak of. He had been there the day the great warlord died - had seen his spirit rise up to the great blue plains of the sky - had seen his family weep.

Gaucho would not interfere, and indeed hadn't heard much of the conversation. He had been flying over head, and would have continued to do so had he not seen Cirrus attack his Chancellor. He had heard the accusation in their tones, the pride and hostility. A dark and wry grin parted his lips as the Wildfire descended in a flurry of feathers, and black, and flame.

His Chancellor had tried to subdue the ever-changing daughter of Azzuen, while she had resorted immediately to the use of her body. Gaucho couldn't say he didn't approve ... he often resorted to physical shows of dominance rather than words, so at odds with his appointed Chancellor.

Bucephalus had lost to Gaucho twice now, although that wasn't so surprising in and of itself. Gaucho trained constantly and had not lost a spar nor challenge in all of his time in Helovia. Although the dun was interested to see how the black and gold would fair against the petite warrioress.

His gaze fell ambiguously to Cirrus, recalling herd meetings they had both attended. He couldn't recall if the two had ever really spoken, but was pleased that she had returned back to the Throat, her home. Whatever this argument was over, the dun cared very little. He was more interested to see who the victor would be.

Table style by Tamme! Image Credits
    Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
    Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
    Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

It was on the path of her patrol already, but what really drew Ampere's attention was the appearance of movement, specifically of bodies dancing around each other. The closer she drew, the more the sounds of battle filled in the blank spaces, confirming her suspicions. A fight had brewed.

Angling down Ampere landed easily near Gaucho, though she preferred to keep her distance, settling in to spectate in the sands behind and left of him. It was not her original instinct. At first stride she wanted to keep going, to sidle up next to him and press her side against him, taking in his heat, inhaling his musk, and laughing with him as they regaled the battle on the sidelines - the sport of blood, her favorite. She couldn't though, not after everything, so she stilled herself and slipped on a stony facade.

Instead Ampere trained her entire attention upon the duo, the blue of her gaze skating over the familiar frame of Bucephalus and lingering on Cirrus'. She was glad to see the mare had taken up her offer, although this was certainly a peculiar way to do it, albeit one Ampere respected. It certainly afforded her a chance to see the skill sets of both horses, her interest in particular piqued in Bucephalus. He had mentioned his past in brief, but had said something about fighting, though he'd taken up crafter for reasons of personal choice. After seeing his slow dance some days past, she was curious just what kind of fighter he was.

A hind foot cocked in casual patience, a slight smile tugging on her lips as her gaze followed the fight.
    - table - art -

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
    Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.
    Ascended Helovian

GAUCHO
    [I figured we could post given that they're fighting?]

The ease with which his gaze found her as she landed was unsettling. Whatever intimacy had allowed - even encouraged - such actions in the past had been entirely shattered. There was nothing but distance between them now, and his stolen glances felt just that way: stolen. The look of her body, the feel and taste of her flesh, no longer belonged to him, if indeed it ever had.

Swallowing, the dun's gaze averted back to the duo ahead of them. Cirrus' first blow struck solidly, and the warrior couldn't but help as to smile despite the anxiousness that lingered from Ampere's proximity. His Chancellor had responded, but not so well as the warrior it seemed. Bucephalus looked ... tense, the amicable and sarcastic side of him lost entirely. Gaucho recalled how the same had happened during their spars together and found it odd. Which was the facade? The amused politician? Or the stoic warrior?

Flicking his tail, he chuckled aloud at Cirrus' taunts. The girl had talent, likely much of it both inherited as well as taught to her by her father. Azzuen would remained firmly rooted in the Throat's history, but perhaps he would not be there alone. Continuing to smile, he watched the ever-changing warrior's tactics, finding himself nodding along with her decisions and reactions.

As the fight moved, Ampere once again came into his field of view, and he rather guiltily stole another fleeting glimpse of her. Part of him wondered if he simply walked up to her, nudged her shoulder and shrugged that it could all be over. Would an apology fix this? No ... he very much doubted it. They had their fundamental differences about the state of companions but this ... whatever had happened between them had not merely been about companions. It had been something more, something deeper, whose origins were unknown. Perhaps he had just been wrong about her ... that whatever he had felt just under her skin right down to his core had not been reciprocated. But he hadn't thought so.

Now, he just wanted her out of his thoughts. Sternly he tore his gaze away. He wanted her out of this thoughts. Gaucho was breaking, his soul shaken by the harshness of her words and stares.

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
    Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
    Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

Ampere had never belonged to anything, or anyone, but he had come the closest. Out of all her relationships over the years, Gaucho had been her first love. Given all that had happened, she was asking herself if he might be the last. She was a mare married to her work, her heart lifted by purpose, rather than touch.

It was lonely.

She craved him as they mingled in the sands, pretending that the space they placed between themselves was normal, that it was okay, that it was just space and not something more. Ampere squinted, trying to block out Gaucho and just focus on the fight, letting the motion and the blur of the bodies distract herself from the other one that drifted nearby.

She shuffled her wings, as though shaking him off her, and settled into the sport. Cirrus surprised her by using a spear, and Ampere gave a wry smile at it. Cirrus was quickly proving her prowess on the battlefield, her body honed to the craft, her mind right there with it. Bucephalus might have been a warrior in the past, but the mines and then the soft seat of diplomacy had left him wanting in the ring. Still, he held himself well, especially as they both broke into the sky. He was agile, she remembered their own games in the air and all his daring dives and drops... but Cirrus was not just in the sky, she was part of it. They stole Ampere's breath away, and her gaze was lost in their dance.

She turned with them, her head held high, eyes trained above until sunlight glinted down strongly. Blue eyes blinked behind black lashes and Ampere's head dropped, her tongue licking her lips, mouth agape in order to lift tall. In that moment she spied Gaucho, closer than she remembered. Had she drifted towards him, or had he her?

Ampere froze on the spot. a creeping terror like ice growing in her limbs, while a heated heart rattled a frantic beat in her chest, torn between anxious anticipation and nauseating rejection. Gaucho... she sighed wistfully, unable to look at him any longer for the pain she bore. Quickly she averted her gaze, feigning a small laugh to break the tension. "Quite the fight!"
    - table - art -

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
    Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.
    Ascended Helovian

GAUCHO
    Gaucho momentarily considered ignoring her. How could she offer pleasantries, given all that had transpired? The two could hardly stand close to each other without both being on the verge of spontaneous combustion. Which is when Gaucho realized it:

They had to make this work.

Ampere was not just his scorned lover, she was his Gladiator. He wanted her out of his thoughts, but not out of his herd. Not out of his life. If he couldn't have her, that didn't mean he didn't want to be without her. If they couldn't even manage this amount of diplomacy, this meager intimacy that came with merely standing next to one another, how could they possibly continue to work together? Ampere, for all intents and purposes, was still his to use in her capacity as his warrior. He was her Sultan, her commanding officer.

Were the same thoughts resonating with her mind? Was that the reason for her words? A life boat tossed out in a tumultuous sea, to grab if he could manage? Part of his heart, the part now guarded and blackened by their previous encounter, wanted to turn away. To doubt that she could possibly want to maintain and preserve a relationship given how badly she had allowed it to break. He had allowed himself to think that she had loved him, and now in his grief and despair he was sure that she never had. It was easier that way.

And yet ... part of him held out hope. Naively the secret part of himself thought perhaps they could overlook this. That they could somehow get passed and over this; that he should grab the lifeboat she was throwing to him, if only so that he didn't drown.

Without thinking he turned towards her, meaning just to nod and agree. But suddenly he was lost again, drowning.

Her eyes looked so bright, impossibly blue as they glinted with the pride of seeing one of her warriors performing so well. The markings on her face seemed to dance and change the longer he looked, always creeping back into their original positions when he allowed his eyes to focus. Gaucho felt the same awe and intrigue that he had when first they met, when he had intruded on Ampere's bath. A shiver ran through his spine as he remained silent, gaping at her like some adolescent peeping through a keyhole, longing for what was on the other side.

It was the conclusion of the fight that pulled Gaucho's slack gaze away. Into the skies he looked, watching as the two landed. Their spar hadn't lasted as long as Gaucho thought it would have. It appeared Bucephalus had conceded.

Interesting.

"Well done." Gaucho offered to Cirrus, his voice warm and approving. His gaze focused upon the girl, glad to have a focus to distract his mind away from Ampere.