the Rift

[OPEN] Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open

Tempe Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 mo.
Haruki :: Common Kitsune :: Electric Lauren
T E M P E

I follow behind my brother, slower than he and quieter in my observance of everything around us. There's so much to see, and so much to do, I wonder how we can rush past everything. Breccan doesn't seem to see everything in the same way I do. For me, it's like time must hold still. I want to see all the colors, all the creatures, to know the names of everything, and yet there is so so much that I don't know. But as he bounds ahead, I want to keep up, so I reluctantly pass by the things that beg for my attention.. the birds in the sky, the butterflies, the grasshoppers, the grass itself. I trot behind him, giggling at his rambunctiousness.

We find ourselves in some new place, a forest area but.. different. Light shines down from the sky, and I find it different from what I might have expected. It's beautiful, not dark or gloomy. Leaves are full in bloom on the trees and grass fills the floor, not so twiggy or muddy except in some places where puddles have stood still. But what really stands out... is this strange form standing alone in the middle of all the trees, its elegance and magnificence astounding. Pale, round, with steps leading up to a platform with a covering overhead.

Breccan seems to see it, but runs ahead to.. some woman who is already here. I'm distracted though by the massive structure that seems to have been plopped down here from the Gods out of nowhere. I stop to stare at it, my gold eyes round with fascination. Who creates things like this? And why? It is beautiful, but I don't understand it, or its purpose. Do little animals go sleep on the platform? Is it to protect from the rain? There are other ways to be protected from the elements, surely. And don't the trees do a fairly good job?

Breccan returns to my side and tugs on my braided tresses, pulling my attention away from what I may someday learn is called the 'Ancient Rotunda.' I stumble after him, my small, painted face turning to see the lady that he spoke with. A light colored, somewhat brown speckled lady stands there quietly, looking for our attention. Breccan leads me to her and plops down on his bottom, ready to listen to her. Politely I dip my nose to her and speak softly. "Miss, I'm Tempe." I smile and more delicately lie down next to my brother, leaning up against his body. I didn't hear what they said about the raven. All I know is that I'm going to lie down next to my brother and listen to whatever the nice lady says.

""
456 words

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

** You may do what you like with Tempe besides dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Cheska - 01-15-2015, 07:07 PM
RE: Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Breccan - 01-15-2015, 07:41 PM
RE: Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Tempe - 01-15-2015, 10:17 PM
RE: Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Volterra - 01-16-2015, 08:06 AM
RE: Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Myrrine - 01-16-2015, 09:20 PM
RE: Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Cheska - 01-18-2015, 01:28 PM
RE: Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Nasreen - 01-18-2015, 02:28 PM
RE: Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Zèklè - 01-18-2015, 05:57 PM
RE: Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Breccan - 01-19-2015, 10:56 PM
RE: Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Tempe - 01-20-2015, 11:15 PM
RE: Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Volterra - 01-22-2015, 06:34 PM