the Rift

[OPEN] Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

YOU WILL REMEMBER ME FOR CENTURIES

The first thing the fledgling titan notices about the gathering is that it's led by an equine - an actual, plain equine, just like him. No horns, no wings, no companion, just a regular horse without all the trimmings, and a sigh of relief leaves him. He is in a permanent state of envy at everything the other Helovians possess, but it comes as a welcome surprise to see a fellow none-sparkle-horse, like Mother and Father.

Of course, the rest of the gathering is not so pleasantly plain. There is a colt sat snugly on the ground, a hybrid like Auriel with both wings and horns, greedy little bastard. And a filly, clearly his sister, with just wings, lying beside him. The crimson-eyed youth gives them both a thorough once-over, noting with a hint of pleasure that they're both younger and smaller than him. At just a month of age it is already apparent that Volterra will become a colossus, his feathered hooves and strong legs large enough to hold up a behemoth of an adult stallion. At least the gods gave him something, he supposes. He might be gloriously plain in both colour and design, might be magicless and companionless, but at least he has size, and strength that will blossom with age and training.

Given the twins' closeness, he feels rather like he's intruding, but he has never been one to observe tact so he strolls right in like he has every right to. Unlike the younger children - because in his mind, at a month old, he is the height of maturity and sophistication - the beast does not sit or lie down; he remains standing tall and proud, tufty tail batting against his stout flanks. "I'm Volterra," he introduces proudly, both to the mare and the other foals.

The mare begins to speak, telling them of a raven, and the fact it did not always have feathers the colour of darkest night. At the question of if they're interested in the rest of the story, the boy nods vociferously. "Was he red? When I was born, I was red because I had icky stuff all over me, but now I'm black!" Foal logic!

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Cheska - 01-15-2015, 07:07 PM
RE: Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Breccan - 01-15-2015, 07:41 PM
RE: Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Tempe - 01-15-2015, 10:17 PM
RE: Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Volterra - 01-16-2015, 08:06 AM
RE: Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Myrrine - 01-16-2015, 09:20 PM
RE: Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Cheska - 01-18-2015, 01:28 PM
RE: Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Nasreen - 01-18-2015, 02:28 PM
RE: Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Zèklè - 01-18-2015, 05:57 PM
RE: Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Breccan - 01-19-2015, 10:56 PM
RE: Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Tempe - 01-20-2015, 11:15 PM