the Rift

[OPEN] Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open

Tempe Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 mo.
Haruki :: Common Kitsune :: Electric Lauren
T E M P E

Other foals just like myself and Breccan have appeared. I learn that the newest foals to arrive are named Volterra and Myrrine. They lie down with us, ready to listen eagerly to the story that the lovely mare shall detail for us. She introduces herself as Cheska, and a small, curious smile spreads over my features as my ears perk forward with interest. The tale of the Raven is intriguing, and makes me shudder as I hear of the wrath of the Moon Goddess. I can only imagine the glory of each of the Gods, and wonder how the Raven could have been so foolish as to seek more than he had already been gifted. I shake my small muzzle in pity. Pity that such a blessed bird could have fallen so far. I hope that someday I may meet all the Gods. Not to steal gifts from them, but to learn and ask their blessing. Cheska tells us the moral of the story - that we all have our gifts and should be grateful and appreciative of what we have. I am not blessed with magic like Breccan is, nor do I have his antlers. But I am beautiful and blessed with wonderful feathers. I have the brilliant colors of my mother and father, and I think a wonderful, inquisitive mind. Perhaps I can ask the Gods - POLITELY and with RESPECT - for magic.. someday. But for now I am pleased with my small little body.

Another child had arrived just as the story began and said nothing at first. Breccan says much of what I believe, that the Raven was incredibly foolish. I nod in agreement as he looks at me. Upon Cheska's conclusion, the new foal foolishly claims that he shall be better than the raven and gain all the colors from the Gods. I frown at him - did he not learn his lesson? Breccan claims that it is just a story. But how does he know? Many fables are based on fact, aren't they? I think so. I rise to my feet and make a face at the young child. "I am pleased with what I have been given. I do not want to make the Gods angry." My gold eyes turn to Cheska and I smile gratefully at her. "Thank you for your tale. Do you tell stories like this a lot?" My fluffy tail wags back and forth like a dog's, and I get closer, curious about this mare that tells stories to children. I want to hear more, though I don't want to appear too eager.

""
431 words

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

** You may do what you like with Tempe besides dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Cheska - 01-15-2015, 07:07 PM
RE: Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Breccan - 01-15-2015, 07:41 PM
RE: Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Tempe - 01-15-2015, 10:17 PM
RE: Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Volterra - 01-16-2015, 08:06 AM
RE: Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Myrrine - 01-16-2015, 09:20 PM
RE: Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Cheska - 01-18-2015, 01:28 PM
RE: Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Nasreen - 01-18-2015, 02:28 PM
RE: Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Zèklè - 01-18-2015, 05:57 PM
RE: Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Breccan - 01-19-2015, 10:56 PM
RE: Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Tempe - 01-20-2015, 11:15 PM
RE: Of Ravens and Gods - foals/open - by Volterra - 01-22-2015, 06:34 PM