[JUDGED] Visit us (Elsa)

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
By my verdict: MIDAS is the winner!

ELSA
Realism [0]
You have some great attack decisions all throughout the fight, like your opening post to turn sand to ice under his foot to throw him off or the reaction to kick his head. What you seem to need the most focus on however is explaining your defenses and detailing your injuries. In each post except the last you didn't take enough injury given the damage that was rolled particularly in your second post which rolled a damage of 6. Similarly in post 3, you never explained how Midas' bite hit her leg instead of her rump. Aside from lacking injury, you also had the timing drawn out on your second post when explaining how you took the damage. Midas' attack around her would have been fast, but your explanation sounded like it was drug out, giving her lots of time to think.

Overall I think your writing could benefit from more explanation for what she's doing. I saw you mention breed and surroundings a few times, but you only seemed to observe them, never use them. Like in your first post when you charge at Midas you mention how she's taller, but don't go on to explain how that benefits her, especially since Midas is stronger. Description would have also helped when you brought up sustained injuries, like in post 3 you say her wings hurt because of Midas' attack to her back in post 2, but you don't go on to describe how that hurt actually affects her, in fact you then go and do evasive zigzagging flight. So while you're scratching the surface of realism and are on the right track, delve deeper. The more you say and how you say is what brings all of this to life.

Emotion [+1]
I was feeling a general lack of emotion in your posts, although each improved as we went through the fight, it at times felt force or something remembered last minute. The intro and conclusion are good places to house your emotion, but you don't just to want to let it pool there, you want to spread it out through all of your post.

Prose [+1.5]
Your posts felt rather simple and plain with the wording and imagery, as well as at times disjointed and choppy when moving between paragraphs or ideas. Look into different transition words to help establish flow, and don't be shy with inserting some synonyms.

Readability [+2.5]
Your posts were always clear and contained proper grammar and sentence structure.
Post 2:
"...under Midas’s skin." (Midas' is the correct way)
"...much she preferred ground assault of aerial combat." (to rather than of)

Finally tally: 34.5 + (3*2)= 40.5 HP

MIDAS
Realism [+3.5]
You have an excellent grasp on the mechanics of fighting and it shows with your well placed attacks and dodges. Elsa missed twice and each time you wrote it so well I would have believed it regardless of dice. I really loved how you incorporated your stats differences and surroundings frequently and seamlessly so that it was natural rather than a fishing of points. It fell a bit flat in your third post, but all the ones prior were excellent. I did think your first attack with only your wings was a bit peculiar. Wings are stronger than most people realize, but they are also very easy to damage so shouldn't be the heart of an attack, so I did remove some realism for that. Otherwise awesome job!

Emotion [+2]
I really didn't get a sense of emotion from Midas until the last posts, but once you put it in there it was lovely and nicely sprinkled throughout your whole post. I especially loved his line in your second post where he was saying how his victory wasn't as important as mentoring her (though I would have liked to see him give some verbal advice to back up that claim and his thoughts!).

Prose [+3]
You have beautiful style and imagery and maintain during the whole fight.

Readability [-2]
I really urge you to read through your posts to check for mistakes, even read it aloud to test if the sentence is running correctly because you had a lot of mistakes all throughout that were very distracting to me. Your last attack in your third post was also a bit difficult to understand what all was happening - I shouldn't have to check the character records to know what magic he's performing.

Post 1:
"...say true. Considering my mouth was also absent useful words." (fragmented. absent of)
"...respectful noding nodding gesture with.." (repeated word)
"Sooty ears twitch forward, one automatically falls back..." (need a transition word like 'but' after the comma)
"...malice injury...It would..." (lower case it)
"By whatever means possible." (fragment)
"Impressive; but also dangerous." (fragment)

Post 2:
"...each humid breathe harasses silky..." (breath)
"Moments later, Elsa
cantered from..." (line break)
"“Control,”gentle..." (space needed)
"...angling with these lips slide back against the ivory soldiers that stood..." (weird wording and tone switch)

Post 3:
"Stand apart from others." (fragment)
"...mentor as our General. Azzuen." (General, Azzuen)
"...within me. Luring them to..." (me, luring)

Finally tally: 69.5 + (6.5*2) = 82.5 HP

Messages In This Thread
Visit us (Elsa) - by Midas - 01-15-2015, 08:31 PM
RE: Visit us (Elsa) - by Elsa - 01-20-2015, 04:43 PM
RE: Visit us (Elsa) - by Midas - 01-26-2015, 10:42 PM
RE: Visit us (Elsa) - by Elsa - 01-27-2015, 02:44 PM
RE: Visit us (Elsa) - by Midas - 02-08-2015, 12:43 PM
RE: Visit us (Elsa) - by Elsa - 02-09-2015, 01:01 PM
RE: Visit us (Elsa) - by Midas - 02-11-2015, 11:01 PM
RE: Visit us (Elsa) - by Elsa - 02-12-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: Visit us (Elsa) - by Official - 02-24-2015, 12:36 AM