the Rift

[OPEN] Paradise

Menagerie Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Ah, what a treat it was to hear my old nickname used in such a fond way by vocals other than my own. It had been such a long time since I had really held someone's company, and that of the mare Africa's was quite nice. She seemed to hold such a lovely soul about her, though damaged she surely was, she was clearly fighting back those hardships. I admired that. It had been long since I had bothered to fight my dark thoughts about myself, to be confident in who I was. Perhaps this new place in Helovia would give me the start I needed to gain understanding in how to become one with my spirit once again, rather than just wishing I could be someone else.

The mare was kind in her steps, keeping to the shadows, and passing quickly through the sunspots in an attempt to help me feel more at ease. I was grateful, and a small smile graced my lips for the first time in months. Africa was the understanding sort, I could tell. Gentle and kind and thoughtful. How long it had been since I had known that kind of company I dared not think about, but I was glad that I had it now in the form of this delicate mare.

She seemed just as entertained by my rumors as I had been when I'd first heard them. She told me in her sweet vocals that it had been a long time since complete peace, that there were plagues, sickness, that Helovia had known the darkness of war in recent times. Yet, despite this, she gave me a glimmer of hope in the words that told me that the Hidden Falls, where she was taking me now, was of the kinder sort. That pleased me, though my pelt twitched as I remembered that the strange Oxy was also a part of her kind herd. Well, if there was a place for a beast like him in such a world, perhaps I would fit in just fine.

Africa spoke of many things, about her leaders, Midas and Ghost, of the great things that they had done, of the ranks that this land held, of magic and of the Earth God. I snorted softly, fondly. It had been so long since I had held faith in any sort of deity. Perhaps it was time I started doing so again. She spoke with such fondness of everyone she brought up, of the tasks each were given, of her own status as a medic. It was wonderful to hear about these things. It made the ache in my belly that longed for normalcy and acceptance ebb away. Helovia need know nothing about my past. I could start fresh, in a herd that would understand, if they were as kind as miss Africa.

We walked and she explained things to me as I listened quietly, delighted to hear about this place I may yet call home. The trees thinned in their trunks and ahead I could see the glory of the home that Africa praised. Towering granite cliffs came up on either side, and massive falls roared in my single audit. The froth that licked at the edge of the pools, the delicate mist that touched the tips of my pelt in a cool caress was something I had not experienced in years. I welcomed the fine touch with closed orbs as miss Africa explained this was home, that these were the greatest falls in all of Helovia. I believed her. Right now, there could clearly be no better place in the world.

When I opened my orbs again, the world had turned from mid-day to dusk, and I wondered if I had really lost track of time in our walk. I didn't question it, though, as this meant that the walk across the last leg in the light would not be so bitter to my skin. We entered the froth and I could have stood there for hours in the chill touch of the water, but we moved forward into the cliffs. I admired the darkness, lit by Africa's mane and tail fire one we were deep enough inside that the light from the opening had vanished.

When we came to a stop, trees had formed around us again, and I was in a new land. She spoke of home, and I smiled softly. "It is a beautiful home, Africa. Thank you, for showing me. For speaking of your herd, of your lands, for..." I paused, thinking of the words as I watched her figure. "Thank you for accepting me as I am, and showing me such a kindness." I carefully bowed my tiara to her in a gesture of thanks, grateful that my forelock hid my orbs enough that she may not see the tears that pricked the edges of my vision.

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator

Messages In This Thread
Paradise - by Africa - 01-16-2015, 03:13 PM
RE: Paradise - by Menagerie - 01-16-2015, 05:02 PM
RE: Paradise - by Midas - 01-18-2015, 12:35 PM
RE: Paradise - by Africa - 01-20-2015, 07:38 PM
RE: Paradise - by Menagerie - 01-21-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: Paradise - by Midas - 01-22-2015, 02:11 PM
RE: Paradise - by Africa - 01-27-2015, 06:12 PM
RE: Paradise - by Menagerie - 01-27-2015, 07:16 PM
RE: Paradise - by Midas - 02-01-2015, 11:31 AM
RE: Paradise - by Africa - 02-02-2015, 06:16 PM