the Rift

[OPEN] Paradise
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

MIDAS
THE POISONED YOUTH
The burning sun fades over yon cliffs, dying rays cast a gilden amber glow (a hue that reminds me of molten iron) as our blessed orb is smothered by the horizon. Those greenblue shadows grow long and eventually fade. Within the quiet timber, two slumbering souls are ignorant to this world. Tis the flaming child of daylight that wakes first and takes notice of the dim light. She puffs her breast and cries into the wind, a shrill, musical sound that wasn't entirely unpleasant.

Pitless gems open, hazy at first but growing increasingly sharp by the time my head has slowly risen from its bowed position. These hollowed bones along my spine crackle and pop as stiff limbs move this body slowly from beneath an overhead canopy of green. "We overslept..." my tone is flat, groggy. With distaste I glance to the painted sky and frown. Crown then swivels round, turning to peer back into the bleak forest. Fina is also glancing around with growing anxiety.

Where was Neve?

_____

She'd grown bored watching her friends sleep. Grown tired of preening her feathers and picking at the ants in nearby trees...With a wink and silent smile their little ice princess decided to go off in a hunt for other delights -- specifically wild strawberries that grew abundantly in their valley. Though it was often absent due to eager mouths feeding from the bounty before said fruit had reached its peek. She traveled to the cliff side on the entrance end of Hidden Falls. Searching earnestly for a worthy prize.

Thus the nature of a hunt; the little girl found nothing 'edible' to satisfy her desires. Yar, but she did find 'someone'. Silas and Africa. A youthful grin emerged, full of delight that only children could feel. She soars down onto an overhead branch and grasps a loose twig to the center of one talon. With an exasperated motion she swings it toward the star born avian.

Would he fancy a game? Fina sometimes played 'catch the stick' in private...but yar, that was supposed to be a secret.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Paradise - by Africa - 01-16-2015, 03:13 PM
RE: Paradise - by Menagerie - 01-16-2015, 05:02 PM
RE: Paradise - by Midas - 01-18-2015, 12:35 PM
RE: Paradise - by Africa - 01-20-2015, 07:38 PM
RE: Paradise - by Menagerie - 01-21-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: Paradise - by Midas - 01-22-2015, 02:11 PM
RE: Paradise - by Africa - 01-27-2015, 06:12 PM
RE: Paradise - by Menagerie - 01-27-2015, 07:16 PM
RE: Paradise - by Midas - 02-01-2015, 11:31 AM
RE: Paradise - by Africa - 02-02-2015, 06:16 PM