the Rift

[OPEN] Paradise

Menagerie Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

It took me a moment to realize what had happened. Miss Africa professed that I was anything but an outsider, and then the strangest thing of all.
She touched me. Just a playful nudge, a bump of her maw against my shoulder, but it was startling. It was so... gentle and pleasing. I hadn't been touched in years, much less have had gentle and patient contact like the one just given to me. I stood stunned for a moment, shifting my pillars as I looked to her with awe clear on my features. She'd dared to touch me, looked at me as if she didn't see my scars at all. Tears pricked at my orbs, and I didn't bother to try and hide them at this point. I was so grateful to hear these words fall from the mare's lips, so grateful to be looked upon like a normal equine, like a woman of beauty. My heart ached with softness for this creature before me, who was so kind to me.

She spoke about giving me a tour of the area in the morning, and of a second cave, which she offered to me for sleeping. I dipped my head, grateful for the offer. "Thank you, miss Africa. I believe I shall take you up on that offer, if you don't mind me being forward. I am ever so grateful to you." Such words were absolutely true, more than perhaps she could know. It had been far too long since I had been given such kindness I was almost unsure of how to be grateful, how much thanks would be enough, and what would seem like begging if I went too far. All I could safely say I knew was that, for however long I was here in Helovia, I now had a home, whatever that could possibly mean to me and to those who would come to know me. I gave a soft smile. "I believe, miss Africa, if you don't mind my bluntness, but I would be honoured to consider calling you my first friend." I bowed my head slightly, smile still upon my lips, I almost thought perhaps I might look beautiful.

As I lifted my head, I saw the two avians among the trees, participating in some sort of twig dance, I supposed. They clearly were not the kind that I could see that would cause immediate harm. They seemed playful, even. I cocked my head and made a note to ask miss Africa about them in the future, perhaps when we could go more in depth. For the moment, I was simply overwhelmed with contentment, with joy swelling forth in my breast like it would burst forth.

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator

Messages In This Thread
Paradise - by Africa - 01-16-2015, 03:13 PM
RE: Paradise - by Menagerie - 01-16-2015, 05:02 PM
RE: Paradise - by Midas - 01-18-2015, 12:35 PM
RE: Paradise - by Africa - 01-20-2015, 07:38 PM
RE: Paradise - by Menagerie - 01-21-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: Paradise - by Midas - 01-22-2015, 02:11 PM
RE: Paradise - by Africa - 01-27-2015, 06:12 PM
RE: Paradise - by Menagerie - 01-27-2015, 07:16 PM
RE: Paradise - by Midas - 02-01-2015, 11:31 AM
RE: Paradise - by Africa - 02-02-2015, 06:16 PM