the Rift

[OPEN] Paradise
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

MIDAS
THE POISONED YOUTH
She sprang from the branch. Awkward compared to an older sibling, graceless compared to him; yet airborne regardless. Neve dove, and like an owl reaching for his mouse, she stretched those toes apart to grasp at her twig which was dropped a moment ago. Evidently having practiced before now, the snowy child effortlessly snatched it up long before yon ground came near. Pitching up, her wings flapped hard, ballooning to create lift, altitude. She soared around Silas in a wide arch, grinning with pride all the while. That prized limb clutched gently within one scaled foot. Without warning that pared foot released it, high above his head. Letting it fall without aim to retrieve it, a fierce, competitive light dawned in those predator eyes.

A show speed. Agility. He would have to be quick to claim.

____

Fina soars above. While I scan the land below. Yon meadow of sweet blades tickle my undercarriage, urging me to linger awhile in the cool eve; 'enjoy life,' the wind aims to whisper as it plays with a few stray ivory tendrils that lay across my neck. 'Let those diamonds appear and our world move on as it always would.' A distant call captures my attention, overhead a return of that cry is fevered with relief and annoyance. A soft whinny escapes the fleshy folds of my throat, though these patched limps push through the tangled web of twisting annuals seemingly unhurried...

Crossing over to the far side of our meadow, my stretching shadow vanishes as the envelop of evening descends. Eyes widen, capturing the dying glow. Fina glides to my rump, talons dancing with intentional gentleness over the ivory flesh that had (over many years) toughened to those knife like toes. Yar, the sound of voice. Female.The phoenix scoffs, unable (as usual) to contain her distaste with Neve's choice of playmate.

One cloaked figure is instantly recognized; a fond smile chases remaining grogginess aside, "Hail," I call to them (for the grey lady stood near another,) "and good eve to ye two." Crown dips into a simple nod, gilden gems rise to regard them, and lift momentarily higher to peer at the alabaster female who fluttered high above.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Paradise - by Africa - 01-16-2015, 03:13 PM
RE: Paradise - by Menagerie - 01-16-2015, 05:02 PM
RE: Paradise - by Midas - 01-18-2015, 12:35 PM
RE: Paradise - by Africa - 01-20-2015, 07:38 PM
RE: Paradise - by Menagerie - 01-21-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: Paradise - by Midas - 01-22-2015, 02:11 PM
RE: Paradise - by Africa - 01-27-2015, 06:12 PM
RE: Paradise - by Menagerie - 01-27-2015, 07:16 PM
RE: Paradise - by Midas - 02-01-2015, 11:31 AM
RE: Paradise - by Africa - 02-02-2015, 06:16 PM