the Rift

For I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Dead men tell no tales.

Night came and the world fell silent, stars shimmered in their usual glory and the nocturnal came out of hiding to forage for food. It was my favourite time of day, there was something about the quiet and the dark that made a beautiful combination, it settled my heart and for a moment I could be at peace. The problems of my life drifted away and I tasted the free air that caressed my mane in flowing folds. There had been a time when I hated flying, when the wings that sprouted from my sides had been the bane of my existence and I wanted nothing more than to be rid of them. Now, however, the ever-advancing years had taught me that they were appendages to be carried on to better views and not to be loathed as useless muscle. I was a foolish foal, but I learnt many things in my infant idiocy. Even now I enjoyed the breeze as it trailed through my feathers and delighted in the fact that I could go where many earth walkers couldn't. Closer to the stars.

I am not alone in these skies it seemed. Another was enjoying the night just like I, a painted filly whose small petite bodice gave away her youth. I watch her from afar, not really looking for anything, but simply observing her wild manoeuvres that brought a smile to my lips. Yes, I suppose I am bereft of much emotion most of the time, but even I can take pleasure in the small things in life; I wish I had spent my youth in such a manner as this carefree foal.

She lands, however, and soon I do too just a little further away, there was no point blowing my cover yet. Instead, I find a nice area to land and stalk the forest on cloven hooves until I find the girl and another. A wingless stranger, who was almost as black as midnight, if it wasn’t for the odd patches of white that curved onto his face and the speedy footsteps of the wild fawn who gave away his location to my prying eyes. I move in a little calmer than the other, on light feet and folding my wings away neatly to the side. The white and red had always been my give away.

"I would suggest to stay away from the twisted creatures" I purr, playing along to the child’s youthful chime. "Ghost, Czarina of the Hidden Falls" came my simple introduction.

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Messages In This Thread
RE: For I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night - by Ghost - 01-17-2015, 10:04 PM