the Rift

For I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Dead men tell no tales.

I continue to move, circling the interesting pair with gentle steps as my eyes dance between them, intrigued and prying. The white-faced knight announces himself as Talion, a name that rang no familiar bell in my mind… Talion of Nowhere. Curious, he was a nomad then? A wayfaring vagabond who drifted from place to place looking for purpose or work, perhaps this was the kind of creature he was. He says little more and I feel myself chaff at the lack of explanation, he couldn’t be just from nowhere, he had to be from somewhere right? Originally, that was. Though his lips moved no more and I take that the reservation in his words meant he would be reluctant to speak anymore of it. Though I play around with the thought of prying further as the child, Spice, speaks with wild abandon about wishing to show him the Dragons Throat. With carefully faked sweetness, I offer a kind smile in return to the filly and ponder my own words. In the end, I decide to inspect this male further, drifting as near as he would allow me to his face before falling to a sharp halt. The darkness shrouded parts of his dark pelt and he would surely be almost invisible if not for the white marks and the intriguing green of his eyes.

"The night suits you, Talion." I murmur to him before stepping back and casting my gaze in a northerly direction. The Hidden Falls was in need of some more strapping males, her rolling green lands were full of talented mares, but lacked the brawn of much needed testosterone. Was that enough to offer him a place? Even so, I suppose he might prefer the whims of the yearling who was by far more carefree than I could ever be, the world hadn’t marked this one in scars yet.

A content sigh passes through my lips as I realize I have probably been silent for long enough. Turning my head back to the odd company of two, I look first to the filly, who seems to grow tired all of a sudden which causes a frown to come upon my brow. "Are you well, Spice? You look weary and the orange land you hail from is fair journey" I ponder, the girl had maybe spent a little too much energy, but with hope she would soon find a second wind. "My herd lies very close to this forest, concealed away under the mountain, I offer you both respite from your travels and a chance to rest." I am not really one to harbour unwanted baggage, but my sleepy home is large in resource and perhaps I would learn more about the pair if I was a little more accommodating and less vague.

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Messages In This Thread
RE: For I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night - by Ghost - 01-20-2015, 10:10 AM