We Can't Rewind, So My Dear Keep Going

Azaneen Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A z a n e e n
but oh my dear
a guardian angel
is always near

It has been two years... but it still hurts. The pain is still there. Deep and dwelling, causing sores with every step she takes. An agonizing pain that resides within her heart. A heartache is not a pain that can be helped, it is like dying but staying alive.

Azaneen walked without care, without curiosity, without life. Her bright golden eyes seemed to sink with sadness, now dull and tired. Onward she trailed through nights of no sleep. Of silent tears that stained her face and left a hardened trail of fur. Caring less about eating, about sleeping, about keeping herself alive and well. Traveling with bones visible through her skin, malnutrition more than obvious. Tail dragging the floor, tattered with grass and dirt at the ends. Long slender neck lowered to the ground. Maw just shy of the grass below her.

Another silent tear ran down her face and the next coming from the other side. Oh how bad she hurt and how much she didn't care anymore. Her family is gone, forever deceased or lost among the lands. Night has come upon her slowly, she moves closer to a tree where she finally lowers herself quietly upon the ground. Golden dusting glowing brightly like a night light. There she sobbed, hair dangling on both sides of her frail neck. Head resting upon a tree root. Closing her eyes here and there, just to remember faces. The faces that will only be seen again in her wandering mind.

[ooc- Sad Aza = sad. /cries/ Any herdland affiliation welcome, I have no clue where she'll go, but probably with the first kind soul to take her in. A thing to take in note is that Aza is severely malnourished, due to her own depression and she refuses to eat, all bones are very well visible. So traveling with her will be slow and at times difficult (perhaps someone can be her new hope and faith, encourage her to eat).]
image credits
- table by Niki -

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Count your blessings not your flaws

After teaching young Ilios how to fly, the mighty beast had headed south-west, back to the mists of his home. It is a long walk, and Nasreen is sure to keep Ilios company, but the king diverged from their path with a kindly smile. He had not visited the Helovian Threshold in many moons, mostly because he was so often busy when he was within the heard. Still, he missed the freedoms of the wildlands, though he had not left the Edge since the moment Tor had found him in the gateway. There truly wasn't much to miss, but Kaj had been a traveler, a nomad, after the death of his sister had set into motion something that had rolled downhill and never stopped. Though Kaj loved his herd, his crown and the land that had given it to him, he mourned the fact that it only came to be because Aniela had died.

The forest is as dark and imposing as he recalled, though not nearly to the level of the Deep Forests and its mysteries. The pines and firs tower overhead, larger than life, and yet the area seems to draw him in as it did all travelers. Offering new life, new purpose, healing - for those that sought it. Was that why he had been drawn to Helovia? Or had Fate seen the cards of his future and dictated the path of his steps? Kaj held conflicting beliefs, as he trusted in fate and yet also believed in free will, in choice. Deigning not to think about it, he continued on, shafts of moonlight spilling like errant liquid upon his pale golden coat. The night was quiet, sleeping. Peaceful.

Had it not been for the maiden's coloring, Kaj likely would have walked right past her. She was coiled up tight at the base of a tree, and his heart instantly began to speed at the sight of her jutted hip and frail figure. Moonlight cast itself in patterns upon her frame from the canopy above, but it led him true through the forest as he relied on its light to keep from tripping or crashing or some other embarrassing act. He nickered softly his arrival, hoping not to startle her by simply appearing at her side. A look of worry etched itself into the crevices of his handsome visage, and he rocked to his knees before her, mighty wings loose and unimposing at his sides.

She reminded him so much of Resplendence, so long ago, that it nearly hurt.

"Miss, are you hurt? Please, allow me to help you. My name is Kaj, I'm the King of the World's Edge herd west of this forest. We have healers who may aid you, if you are in need," he spoke quietly, putting it all out there for her immediately. He was concerned for her state, and did not want to spook her away too soon. Was she physically harmed? Or was she battling, as Resplendence did, against the current of something far harder to diagnose?

Image Credits

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Unregistered

A z a n e e n
but oh my dear
a guardian angel
is always near

Her fathers face danced smoothly across her imagination, causing her to choke inwardly. More tears strolled quietly. Azaneen knew he left the battle alive but she knew not of his whereabouts. Though most of the others she cared for dearly were not as lucky as she and her father. It was their memory that began to fade in and out of her mind. Each and every face, long gone, only to stay locked forever in her heart. The pain was so antagonizing that her physical pain could no longer be noticed. So broken she was. Beyond what could seem repairable.

The glow from her hide gave new light, besides that of the moon. Curling her face in she began to say goodnight to herself, hoping that this was the last day. Praying above she would not awaken in the morning but as she slowly closed her eyes, noises in the distance held them open. Ears swinging forward with intent of capturing whatever it was. Eyes lacking the ability to see. Though sooner than later a figure formed, glowing gently beneath the moonlight, nickering towards her. She uttered a nicker back but it was quiet and barely there. Closer and closer he came, she could finally smell the familiar scent of another. The one thing that told her she was still alive. A reminder she wished not to know. Golden glow upon his features now resides, faintly but visible, another reminder of her magic blessed to her by that of all her family. She was the star they followed, the loving mare who held them all together.

Blackened face and golden horn slowly rose from the ground, simply listening to his words. "Oh dearest Kaj," she trailed, so quiet you'd have to listen closely to hear "no healer can mend a broken heart, it would be far more simple to end the pain." Suicidal but not willing to take her own life herself. Perhaps she meant what she said but maybe she didn't. Taking to standing the mare struggles to get up. Legs shaking, trying so hard to hold her weight. Azaneen lifts herself gently, having a hard time getting all four hooves planted firmly. Joints finally locking. "This wound is far too deep." does he understand? Does he know she simply cannot take this anymore? Does he know that a broken heart takes love and care not a healer?

[ooc- Kaj.]
image credits
- table by Niki -

She glows like a broken star, seeping its light upon the shores of her skin. It guides him to her, though she seemed to need a guiding light more than she needs to be one. Her eyes look up at him and he is captured by the shell that he recognizes in her, the loss that plucks a heartstring he'd once tried to cut from the instrument of his soul. Aniela had caused that look in him. His family, his herd, his lifestyle. It is like seeing his face anew, all those years ago. He cannot feel anything aside from sympathy, aware that pity was an emotion not reserved for such losses and experiences. It would only work to either infuriate or upset her, and Kaj knew she could likely not handle either in her state.

Her words are hoarse and quiet, but he is attentive, listening to every nuance that dips and tells in her words. It writes a novel for him far longer than what she'd uttered, telling him everything she would not tell him outright. It was a secret guarded, fresh and raw, and he would not prod at it. His own pain of the past was a good reminder of what it felt to carry such a burden. Her words remind him again of Resplendence, and in her he sees the oddest mix of the frail medic and himself from the past. It only serves to keep him rooted at her side, unwilling to leave her to a misery he knew too well. A fate he'd once wished upon himself as well.

The strength it takes to stand is beyond his capability of imagination, and yet her efforts were honorable. Nevertheless Kaj stood alongside her, sweeping his wing back to offer his shoulder in silence, should she choose to take it. He awaits the end of her words, for he still does not know her name, and yet he feels a deep understanding that he cannot put to tongue.

"I understand," is all he murmurs at first, quiet and soothing, though sad in its own right. Memories are brought to surface what he'd thought long buried. "But the pain does not have to end you," he whispered, trying to meet her eyes. The story it tells is painful to face, in its familiarity. "I lost my baby sister in a world too cruel for the light of her soul. Her parents...our parents...they let her go with hardly a glance behind. She was my everything, the center of my world. The pain you feel...perhaps I have felt it too." Kaj would not be presumptuous, think that it was loss of family rather than herd or lover that she felt.

"But I am here, alive and well. Because I knew that she would only have hurt to see me in ruin. At first, I lived only for that. But as time went on, I found other reasons. I found kin, brothers and sisters who loved me. It began to get easier." A quiet smile budded on his lips, and he shook his head like an old man reminiscing on a past too chaotic for his years. "I never forgot her. I never will. But I have healed." Turning his mighty head he looked at her, quiet but firm. "I cannot in good faith leave you to a fate I once wished upon myself. Perhaps I cannot give you that reason to live. But let me try?" It is a sincere, hopeful question. He would not be able to live with himself if he left her alone, to die beneath the weight of her misery, if she could not find the light that Aniela's memory had given to him.

Image Credits

credit bronzehalo
Plot with me here!

Unregistered

A z a n e e n
but oh my dear
a guardian angel
is always near

This stallion was kind, kind enough to offer his shoulder and she took it. Feeling the tingle of another beings energy after so long of being untouched, it took a toll on her emotional state even more. It was so odd how the love and touch of another can make the heart pitter patter gently, allowing a piece of grief to lighten and anew. To something happy and that was the key. The key to her survival, to her happiness, to her becoming what she once was. She smiled gently at him. It was weak and her muscles twitched a little, but it was there. That sweet smile she always gave, it came to life for a mere moment.

Azaneen listens to his words carefully, knowing just as well that it does not have to end her... but oh how relieving it would be. Just to let go and be free. Though as he continued, her own heart began to ache for him. Loss. Oh the foulest thing there could be, loss. 'I lost my baby sister in a world...' as he finished she reached her maw for his velvet nose, hoping to land a soft touch that she understood him and he understood her. Her feelings were that of happiness, glad that he stumbled upon her and not some poor unkind soul. Black muzzle slipped back towards her as she began her own vocals, still dim and barely there, though she knew he was listening. "You have felt my pain, kind soul, we have felt the same ache."

Once again he begins to speak and she listens oh so carefully. Ears attentive just on him and nothing else around them. Eyes of gold drank in his words, putting to image that of loss that found light. He could do it and perhaps so could she, it was a difficult task though. Aza couldn't just find a reason to be happy for what had happened, to be happy that they were still even a memory. It was still so much sadness but his offer she would take. Yes, yes she would take it. Take it with a kind heart, as he offered she smiled that twitchy smile again "You may try." and for references she spoke quietly a few moments later, twitching her tail behind her "I am Azaneen and who may be this gentleman who has kindly rescued me from my darkest hole?"

[ooc- Late reply is late, I'm sorry! :/
Kaj.]
image credits
- table by Niki -

Skin was warm and soft against his shoulder as he hefted upon himself the weight of her sorrows and bodice in turn. She glows until it radiates in turn upon his own frame, casting them in shades of yellow and gold that chases away the loneliness of the night that they waded through together. He is granted a smile, demure and crushed beneath the weight of a story untold, but Kaj relishes it readily. Perhaps it will be his only token to keep from this meeting, but even if it was he would happily clutch it to his heart with the knowledge that he'd kept a single soul from sputtering out. That was far greater a gift, after all.

Tiny ears swivel towards his voice, attentive, and he prays quietly to himself that for once his eloquence will win out over his normally quiet countenance. He hopes that he will find the right words to bring her back from the edge, back to his side, beneath the warm comfort and protection of his wing. Kaj had never taken well to words, in his own opinion, but if he was capable of leading and inspiring a herd, perhaps he was also capable of repairing her shattered soul.

His own sorrows momentarily take over him, trying to lend a sympathetic story that ended happily rather than with death and peace. Or so he would tell her, for his own heart was weary with the past seasons, and such happiness was rare and scattered far for the noble king. But it was far better than death, he ruminated to himself. Each musing is succinctly shattered by the stretching of her muzzle towards him, dark and inviting, and he responded with a quiet extension of his own. Gold on ebonite, sharing what meager strength they both had remaining to allow each other to continue standing.

Each lyric was soft, and relief shattered over his consciousness to hear the subtle gratitude in her tone. He glanced at her, all doe eyes and silken blues, taking upon his shoulders her compliment and using it to lighten a heart too heavy to give her real hope. Her smile worked wonders even further, and he returned it, hoping to support her in the large, painful steps she was taking in that moment. The first steps were always the hardest, after all.

A lick of shame caressed him, to not have known her name nor cared to give his own. Had he? He could not recall. If he had not, it was highly disrespectful, and he bowed his head momentarily beneath the gold coins of her gaze to express his regret. "It would be my honor," he assured softly at first, grateful to have been awarded even the smallest of chances to help her. Perhaps he could do right by her, as he had not been able to with Resplendence. "My name is Kaj, King of the World's Edge, west of this forest. Will you allow me to take you there, introduce you to my family? We would welcome you with open arms, miss Azaneen. No harm is left untended, be it of the mind, heart, or body. We would heal you as one, to our capabilities, and should you ever deign to leave our lands you would take our blessings with you," he murmured, for he knew there may be a time where she sought a different path than the one he introduced to her in that moment.

@[Azaneen] Similarly late ;-; so sorry

Image Credits

credit bronzehalo
Plot with me here!

Unregistered

A z a n e e n
but oh my dear
a guardian angel
is always near

Whatever it was that lingered in his soul... it was far from evils touch.

Angel lips muzzled across his, for a moment it seemed that all tension was released. It was pure bliss for the broken girl. Anothers touch was all she needed to regain light within her heart. Always, she had been the one to be the light for others but this time he was her light and she would never forget that.

No payment could make up for what he has given her. Forever she will be in his debt, as he is the only soul who has came to care for her as she would have cared for him.

After words from an ebony maw melted through the night, Kaj returned with a bow, and began speaking his own. Golden eyes fluttered slightly, for someone to have bowed in her grace before? It has never happened. His manors exceed all those she has encountered throughout her time. Despite the pain that clung to her heart, his presence and personality spread light throughout her ash stained organ.

Kaj's offer struck her like a truck, wailing right through her ears. A home. A new family. For a moment she felt as if saying yes would result in her trading her old family for a new one. As if it was wrong to want something else, to move on and love others. Azaneen's brow furrowed but only for a moment. Fresh tears began to cling to the edges of her golden orbs, threatening to spill at any moment. Because she wasn't trading them. She wasn't forgetting them. She never would, never could. The tears started with sorrow but found themselves to be tears of joy as she realized he offered her safety and love with him, as well as his lovely followers.

"Kaj, dear, I shall follow you anywhere." she dipped her head for a bow to him, as he should not be the one bowing (he is a king after all) "You have been the only one to care, I will forever be in your debt." raising her maw to meet a level glance, she smiled again. Letting those tears that formed, slide down her bony cheeks. Tired legs trembled but did not fear the walk home. For with him, she had strength now, he gave her a reason to carry on. He gave her hope and the company she truly needed.

[ooc- She be like "I am now your guardian angel, forever at your service." lol! OH and derp me forgot that Kaj had introduced himself, so I'll just pretend sad Aza never heard him xD.
@[Kaj].]
image credits
- table by Niki -

Were she not already glowing like a star brought down to earth and woven into her coat, Kaj would have deemed her lighting up from within as he extended to her an escape. A safety net. She latched onto it, prostrate and defenseless, beneath the weight of his mercy. Had any fouler soul waltzed upon her, perhaps her ending would not have been so optimistic. Sometimes all it took was the nudge from even a stranger to end the gossamer thread connecting one to a life they did not intend to continue living.

Her kisses ghosted across his muzzle, like velvet and gratitude. Warm, sweet clover breath washed across his paper thins and he categorized the underlying scent of her existence into the little journal of family and friend he'd kept since arriving new and washed clean in Helovia.

She seemed struck by his motions, by the words he melted into her ears and let cling to her frame like tentative butterflies perching on her skin. Whatever it was he had said to paint upon her delicate visage such a surprised expression was beyond him, clueless as to what he had done or said that surprised her so. Had she come from a land as foreign as his own, and he had somehow offended her? Though no blow nor crinkling of brow came, her ears remained alert, attentive. So Kaj let his curiosity boil into the back of his mind, to be asked at a later date. Perhaps on the lengthy walk back to the Edge, the few days it would take.

Except then she began to cry, and at first he panicked, eyes wide and ears swiveling about, attempting to figure out what he'd done to force her to tears. Had it not been for her sudden cooing of words he understood, Kaj likely would have leaped towards her and despairingly questioned what he'd done. Whether he could atone for whatever sin he'd committed. Instead, his chest warmed to hear the silken slide of her voice, overcome with emotion. Relief sagged his mighty shoulders. No wonder he never went to the Threshold, he was horrifically bad at it.

A slow smile spread on his handsome face, endeared by her snuffling and adorable manner of speech in that moment. His heart had always been weak to those trampled and trodden upon. "Speak not of debt, miss Azaneen. You owe me nothing but your friendship and company," he assured, eyes warm like summer nights. Kaj had never asked anything more from his kin, and they had in return gifted it to him freely, securing his position as king with their love and loyalty. Kaj knew no other way to rule a herd but with the thickest of ties to his flock.

"Come. Let me take you home."

Image Credits

credit bronzehalo
Plot with me here!